Chapter 1: The Question That Started Everything

Meeting Future Wife: University Couple

 

Hi, good morning! I edited this chapter and provided a list of Korean vocabularies so everyone can understand the Korean terms. It also helps everyone know some of the Korean words, after all, a true kpopper should know some words so when the time to meet our oppadeul finally comes, we could talk to them. <3

Korean Vocabularies:

  • Hyung – the term used by Korean males to address another male older than them. (Hyungdeul, plural)
  • Dongsaeng – the term used to refer to a boy or a girl younger than you.
  • Fighting! (Hwaiting!) – the term used to cheer yourself or cheer someone else.
  • -ssi – is a suffix that is put after the name of someone when you want to address him/her formally.
  • Ne – Yes (formal).
  • Dugeun dugeun – used for the sound of a beating heart.
  • Daebak – Jackpot, great, awesome.
  • Gwenchana – It’s okay or It’s fine (informal).
  • Ya! – Hey! (Informal).
  • Palli – Hurry (informal).
  • Arassoyo – Okay, alright (formal). (Arasso, informal)
  • -ah – is a suffix that you put after the name of someone when you are close or when you treat each other as friends.
  • Aigoo – is an expression that can use on many instances like being shock, being tired, being surprised and etc.
  • Mworago – What?! (informal).
  • Aish! – is an expression that is used to show frustration or irritation.

 

Chapter 1: The Question That Started Everything

ONEW’S POV

“Come on boys, it’s time to perform.” It was our Manager hyung. We were about to start our third concert here in Seoul. Even though we have performed so many times in front of our fans, we’re still a bit nervous. We always wanted to give them the best performance.

“Come on guys, stand up. Let’s have our cheer before going up on stage.” I called my dongsaengs.

Forming a circle, we all put our arms on each other’s shoulder and shouted together, “We are going! Fighting!”

After that, we went up the stage together and there, we met the very loud cheers of our fans.

 


 

Without realizing, the concert was almost at the end. What was left was just the encore and the segment that was most anticipated by our fans, the talk segment. This time, the segment was about the questions that our fans would like to ask. The questions were written in a paper and placed in a bowl. Each of us picked a question.

“Okay, here are the questions that are written by the fans. Onew-ssi, would you like to pick the first question?” Jun Hyun Moo-ssi asked me. As always, he was our MC. He was the unofficial sixth member of SHINee after all.

I smiled at him then I turned to our fans and asked them teasingly, “Should I?”

“Ne!” The fans replied excitedly.

“Okay, if that is what all of you want then I will.” I showed my eye smile and replied at them sweetly. I stood up and picked the first piece of paper I got a hold of. The fans were shouting because of excitement.

“Guys, are you really that excited?” Jonghyun asked our fans.

“Ne! Read it! Read it!” The fans were shouting in unison.

I handed the piece of paper to Hyun Moo hyung and sat back to my chair. I saw the members waving their hands like their banging a drum and heard them saying dugeun dugeun repeatedly.  I waited for Hyun Moo hyung to read the question.

“Although Onew-ssi picked this question, the other four SHINee members are still required to answer. Alright, here it is. If you have the chance to choose the first meeting with your future wife, how and where will it be?” Hyun Moo hyung smiled after reading the question.

“Oooh, daebak, this question is great. Now, Onew-ssi, you can answer first.” Hyun Moo hyung said with a naughty tone.

Honestly, I also felt that the question was interesting. It made me think seriously, since this was about how I will meet my future wife.

“Ne hyung, I, too, think this is fun! Hmmm, let me think for a while. Ahm, well, I never enjoyed my college life to the fullest, so I would like to experience a romance inside the campus. I would like to meet her at a student orientation and befriend her.” I said these words dreamily.

“Wow hyung, you sound like a romanticist.” Minho looked at me with a smirk on his face.

“It feels like you’ve been dreaming about that for years and you haven’t had any luck.” Key said while giggling. Seconds later, the four of them were laughing together.

I looked at our fans and said, “Gwenchana, I still have our fans. Right, guys?”

“Ne!” I saw the smiles of our fans when they answered the question..

All the members stopped laughing and started frowning instead.

“Ooooh! Hyung, that was so greasy.” Taemin curled his fingers.

“Okay. Everyone, are you satisfied with Onew-ssi’s answer?” Hyun Moo hyung asked the fans.

“Ne!” The fans shouted eagerly.

“Okay, let’s now go to Jonghyun-ssi. What about you, Jonghyun-ssi?” Hyun Moo hyung looked at Jonghyun and asked.

“Well, ah, how should I say this? Ah, I know! I want a company romance. I want to be the songwriter and I want my future wife to be the singer. We’ll fall in love through music.” Jonghyun blushed.

“Oh, hyung, you’re blushing!” Minho pinched Jonghyun’s cheek.

“No, I’m not!” Jonghyun swatted Minho’s hand away.

“Don’t try to deny it hyung. It’s obvious!” Key teased.

Taemin and I just watched how Jonghyun’s face turned redder.

“Aish, stop it Kibum-ah! How about you? Let’s see if you won’t blush!” Jonghyun asked Key in a hurry.

“No need to speak fast, hyung. I know that you just want to remove everyone’s attention from you.” Key laughed.

“Ya, palli! Answer the question!” Jonghyun urged.

“Arassoyo! Ahm, I think it’s interesting if she’s a fashion model. Maybe we can meet at a fashion show. You know, since I have an interest in fashion. We can work on our similarities.” Key said it as if he already prepared it in advance.

“Wah, he didn’t blush. He didn’t even change his expression. Why can’t I do it like him?” Jonghyun wondered aloud.

We all laughed at Jonghyun’s silly antic.

“What about you, Minho-goon?” To turn back to the real topic, Hyun Moo hyung asked Minho.

“Ahm, you know that I love sports, so I would like it if my future wife has an interest in it. It’s good if we can meet each other at a stadium while watching a soccer match.” Minho answered.

“As expected, if it is Minho, it is all about sports.” I said while clapping my hands.

“Lastly, Taemin-ah, what is your answer?” Minho asked.

“Ahm, all of you know that I’m a bit clumsy so I get injured most of the time. So, I think it will be great if I can meet a girl that can take care of me. She can be a nurse or a doctor so she can always treat my injuries.” Taemin said while scratching his head.

“That’s right, future sister-in-law, you should really take care of him. This kid is a walking disaster.” Key complained.

Minho, Jonghyun and I nodded our heads in agreement.

 “Okay, we did not expect such different opinions from our SHINee members but it is still good to know more about them, right?” Hyun Moo hyung asked the fans.

“Ne!” The fans answered.

“Okay, let’s get another question. Now, Jonghyun-ssi will get one.” Hyun Moo hyung asked Jonghyun.

 


 

The concert ended after a few more questions and five more songs for encore. Once again, we had a successful concert. Everyone did a great job. We really had an amazing night but everyone was too exhausted, so we all went straight home.

“Wah, finally. The dorm feels like paradise. Although I had an amazing time at the concert, I really need a long and good sleep right now. Good night hyungdeul!” Taemin said while going straight to his room.

Jonghyun and Minho sat down at the sofa while Key went to the kitchen to drink a cup of water. I followed Key to the kitchen and sat at the dining chair and grabbed a piece of bread.

“Yah, Taemin-ah. You’re not going to wash up?” Key asked.

“Ne hyung, I’m going to sleep now!” Taemin shouted from his room.

“Arasso, have a good rest!” Key shouted back.

“Ne….” We barely heard Taemin’s reply.

“Aigoo, that kid must be so tired!” Minho said with worry.

 “Me too, I can barely stand right now.” I complained.

“Hyung, the concert doesn’t have anything to do with that. It’s because of your old age!” Jonghyun teased.

“Mworago?! Yah, Kim Jonghyun. I’ll get you for that!” Jonghyun ran to his room and I followed him but he already locked the door before I can come in.

“Aish! I’ll get you tomorrow!” I said irritated.

“Ne, hyung. Let’s continue this tomorrow. Goodnight hyung. Good night Key and Minho.” Jonghyun said. 

“Goodnight hyung!” Key and Minho said at the same time.

“I really want to wash up but I am already tired.” Key debated with his self.

“Yah, you should just sleep. You can wash up tomorrow.” Minho said to Key.

“No, I can’t sleep on my clean bed when I am this dirty.” Key argued.

“Whatever. I should head to my room before I can hear more of your rants.” Key gave him a glare. Minho hurriedly went to his room.

“You should also sleep Key. Go on.” I pushed Key into his room.

“Arassoyo. Good night hyung.” Key said.

“Have a good rest!” I wished.

Before going to my room, I checked the door if it was properly locked. I turned off the light at the kitchen and at the living room. After a while, I entered my room and lay on my bed. I kept thinking about those four kids and how fun it was to be with them. Before I closed my eyes, I wished that everything will be the same tomorrow.

 


 

AUTHOR’S POV

Unlike Onew’s wish, when the SHINee members opened their eyes at morning, everything has changed. They did not expect that a simple question can change their lives. 

 


 

AUTHOR'S NOTES

Credit for the picture goes to the respective owner.