chapter two

cynosure
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   "Ah, hyung, you're here. I thought you were lost or something..." The sound of the opening door and another guy's voice surprised Soojung. A rather tanned skin guy, with messy bed hair, and a wrinkled bed face opened the door for them. Baekhyun just smiled a little and patted the guy's back, he then signaled Soojung to follow him entering the house. Soojung just looked at the other guy's back as he walked inside the house, not noticing her presence. Maybe he was too sleepy to notice, Soojung just thought.

    Entering the house, the inside of the house was nothing special, just like a house commonly. But Soojung was still amazed by how big the house was, because she just spotted 2 guys living here- Baekhyun and the sleepy guy. But the amount of the doors are quiet many, so she guessed this house was like a dorm or something.

    Soojung felt a light tap on her shoulder, and noticing Baekhyun was behind her, handing her a banana milk that she didn't know when did he get it, but she just took it from Baekhyun and mumbled a soft thanks before poking it with straw and started sipping. "So, this is my house. I live with my brothers here, I'll explain about them to you later. We have 2 empty rooms, so I guess it won't hurt to make you stay here. Until... whenever you decided to not gonna live here again."

    She choked up a bit. Did he just mean forever? I mean, whenever I want to?

    "B-Baekhyun-ssi, are you serious? I don't even know you, a-and I don't want to be a burden here. You can't just let a stranger live in your house. I-I really-" Baekhyun leaned closer to Soojung and patted her shoulder. "I already know your story, that means it doesn't make you a stranger anymore. Relationship is easy to build, you're worrying about nothing. About how long, we'll talk about this again in the future." Baekhyun then put his hand back in his pocket. "That's my room, right there. And yours would be right beside mine, right there." He pointed at the 2 doors that were on the left corner of the house. Soojung somehow felt weird when she realised her room was just beside his, but she quickly got rid of the thought. "Thank you... I guess. Seriously, I couldn't thank you more than anything." She bit her lips as she spoke softly, feeling shy in front of him all of a sudden. Baekhyun chuckled a little when he saw her lowered head. "It's okay. You can rest in your room now, I want to go upstairs. So, see you later?" Soojung just smiled and watched Baekhyun's back slowly disappearing as he walked upstairs. She couldn't really tell if that smile was for being thankful to him, or just for admiring him because of his kindness. Gah. Her mind isn't being right again as she walked to her room, thinking about him.

 

 

    "Woah, I'm lucky I get here when they're still asleep." Baekhyun muttered as he walked to the balcony right after his feet landed to the second floor of his house. Just when he wanted to breathed in the fresh air, he whimpered in pain as he felt his ear was being pulled.

    "Asleep, my . Where the hell have you been last night?" hearing the familiar fatherly voice, Baekhyun turned around just to see the familiar figure in front of him pulling his right ear. "Ah, Junmyeon hyung! Let me explain first!" he sighed as the latter let go of his redden ear. "Fine, explain yourself." Baekhyun just rolled his eyes before telling what happened.

    "So I was supposed to go home at 10 last night, but I spotted this girl still wearing her uniform asleep in front of the mart. So, I just stayed there and waited for her to wake up. I didn't go somewhere weird." the Junmyeon named guy just glared at Baekhyun in disbelief, still not believing Baekhyun's words.

    "God, hyung, you're truly a stone! Haish." Baekhyun ruffled his hair due to frustration. "That girl, she ran out from her house. She was going to be sent to orphan house today, because her parent is going to file a divorce. She had nowhere to go, so I help her. I even bring her here." Junmyeon eyes rounded as he heard Baekhyun. He brought a freaking girl here, when this house is actually full of hungry lions. "Yah! Why did you bring her here?!" Baekhyun just looked at his hyung. "What? It's safe in here anyway." Junmyeon then sighed and hold his temple, trying to keep his patience. "Alright then. Where's the girl?" Baekhyun just cleared his throat as he lead Junmyeon to where Soojung was.

 

 

    Soojung just sat on her bed, staring at the room. Much to her surprise, the room was clean and neat. It was also comfortable, making Soojung feels she was home and safe. 

    She started to sigh again. This time she's thinking about how she could return what Baekhyun had given to her. She was a bit confused and surprised though, how came extremely nice people like him still exist in this world? He was a stranger and she didn't know anything about him, and he neither. But now she's in his house, sitting on his bed, and she's going to live with him. She couldn't thank him enough for that.

    "Soojung-ssi?" the called girl turned to the source of the voice. "Oh," Soojung then get up from her bed and walked towards Baekhyun who's peeking through the door. As the door was open, she noticed another figure behind Baekhyun. A guy that seems a bit older than him, with fair skin and good looking face. Soojung could really tell the guy was nice, but something about him made her uneasy somehow.

    "Uh.. can I help you with something?" Soojung bit her lower lips as she eyed Baekhyun and glanced to the other guy once.

    Baekhyun turned to his hyung, signing him to say something. The latter just cleared his throat and asked for a permission to enter the girl's room, wanting to talk about the thing that's happening at the moment. The girl just gave a nod, and with that they entered the room and sit comfortably on her bed as Junmyeon begins the conversation.

    "So... I heard you're in a tough situation now," Junmyeon started to speak off. "I'm so sorry about what happened, I heard the story from Baekhyun." he continued. He could felt himself feeling more sorry when he heard her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter