chapter one

cynosure
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lost.

    That's the perfect word to describe the 15 years old Jung Soojung's condition right now. A small backpack on her back, and still wearing her complete uniform. She walked down the street lights, silently sobbing over her dried tears; remembering what made her like this.

 

    "Ah, okay, Seungyeon. See you in Monday!" Soojung smiled brightly as she bid goodbye to her friend. The girl passed her last exam which was held today, and she couldn't be happier than ever right now. Just wondering about her entering high school makes her lips curved widely. She was just that happy.

    Soojung skipped while humming her favourite song. She couldn't hold the urge to quickly tell her Mom and Dad until she heard a loud scream and crashing sound from her house. Her happy face soon changed to a worried one as she ran entering her house.

    Chaos.

    That was the first thing she saw when she entered her house. Her living room was a mess. Shattered glasses are everywhere on the floor, and the loud voices could be heard clearly now. Soojung just stayed silent as she heard her mom's voice that came from her parent's room- as she guessed. It was another fight, another guess passed through her mind.

    "Let's just separate. Let's divorce. I can't stand living with you like this. You're a psycho, I can't live with you. I'll take Soojung to an orphan house tomorrow. I'll contact you if there's anything I need from you." her mother's crying voice can be heard. Soojung who heard that felt her heart clenches. She could feel tears bursting from her eyes. Moments ago she felt really happy, but then just seconds ago; something came up and made her feel useless. Between her cry and lonely walk, she thought; it's amazing how something could change in just a second.

 

    Soojung could feel all the dryness over her face because of her tears, but she didn't care. Her hair that she let loose was blew by the wind. Her appearance was a mess, but her heart was a more total mess. She had nowhere to go, and all she brought was herself and 5 exact pieces of 10,000 won in her bag. Along with a diary and a- phone. Right, phone. She then quickly sat on a seat in front of a mini mart. Grabbing her bag quickly, she tried to reach her phone inside her bag. Found it. As she turned her phone on, she felt a bit thankful because the battery was still full. But the sudden thought made her quiet again, she just bought a new phone yesterday and she had no one's contact in there; except her Mom's and Dad's. Stupid, silly Soojung. She cursed herself.

    Her growling stomach woke her up from her wandering thoughts. Spending 3,000 won right now won't hurt, right? She exhaled deeply as she stood up entering the mart. She grabbed a cup of ramyeon and made a cup of coffee. Then she went back to her seat right after she paid it.

    The warm feelings on her stomach calmed her a bit. But still, she felt clueless as she doesn't know where to go. Motel would be the best choice for today, but then she wouldn't have any choice for another day. Thinking about this just made her think her life's no use anymore. She had no destination. But ending her life wasn't worth it also. Sigh. That time, she was sure a big bunch of tangled strings was sitting on her brain; making her slowly and deeply fall asleep.

 

 

    "Ugh.." Soojung let out a small groan as she felt her head aching. She slowly opened her right eye, noticing the sky was still dark but there was a hint of orange-y. The street lights were also still bright. She was sure that she fell asleep from the night before, and she kind of hoping that all the things that happened before was just a dream. But, damn, she knew it wasn't.

    "Crap. How long did I sleep?" she mumbled to herself before trying to sit back up.

    "Not sure, but you slept quite deep, and I'm sure it was more than 5 hours." a guy's voice startled her, waking her up completely. A guy was sitting, and leaning on the seat in front her, his eyes were closed but she knew he was awake. His face looked a bit familiar, but Soojung wasn't sure she knew him. "Who are you..?" She asked carefully, being aware of his presence. But seeing him with his school u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter