chapter five

cynosure
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     As times passed, it's been a long week since Soojung joined the guys and live with them. Nothing really happened besides Junmyeon accompanied her on Monday for her graduation, she met her friends and told no one about what happened to her. The teacher also wished her the best then said nothing, so she guessed her parents didn't talk about this to her teachers either. But Soojung didn't waste a second to think about it anymore, she decided to just go ahead and think for what's more to come. She and the guys also fortunately got closer, although they often mistook her for being quiet and so mingy with words.

    One thing bothered her head for this past week, though. Baekhyun, that fool. After what happened on the balcony last week, she hadn't speak a word to him and neither did he. She was expecting an apologise from him at least–or maybe a simply explanation. But, oh, well, she heard nothing; enough for her to pretend that he's not exist or even vanished.

She knew that people might think that she's being too mean for treating the guy who helped her until this far, but she just couldn't bare the pain. Also, the blurry guesses of Baekhyun's words meaning. Oh, she just hoped that she could think of another thing beside this; which had been staying on her head since then.

 

 

    "So, tell me about Baekhyun." Chanyeol took a glimpse at Soojung shortly, then landed his gaze back on the TV screen.

    Soojung munched on her popcorn with her eyes still focusing on the black and white coloured movie that's being showed on the TV screen, enjoying her late night theater. "Why should I? You know him way more than me."

    The guy can only rolled his eyes before mumbling a loud geez. He grabbed a handful of popcorn from the bowl on Soojung's hand. "I mean, you guys haven't been talking to each other! Something definitely had happened. And, you've been being so stingy with words after what ever happened with Baekhyun, you know that?" Soojung could only sigh and rolled her eyes hearing Chanyeol, out of all the time he brought up this Baekhyun topic; it had to be now, when Soojung's focusing on the classic movie she hadn't been seeing for a long time (she got that from Junmyeon as a graduation gift)

    "Listen, Park-Chanyeol-oppanim," She pushed the pause button on the TV remote and faced Chanyeol. "We just knew each other still for a week, okay? Maybe I haven't told you this, but I'm normally quiet and don't really talk much. You notice that I stay in my room 24/7, right?" Chanyeol nodded. "Look, I am; Jung Soojung, is an introvert. That's the first thing. And you must be wondering why do I change so quickly–from a quiet but cheery girl, into a quiet and mean girl. That's because I already see you guys as my oppa. But I'm truly sorry if that one bothered you, it's just, this is the real me. And this is me being sincere, I swear,"

    "It's okay, Soojung. We'll get used to it in no time."

    "To think of it more, I'm feeling more sorry right now. Really though, sorry. It must have been surprising to you. It's just, things are bothering my head these days," 

    "And that thing is about Baekhyun."

    Soojung groaned hearing Chanyeol mentioning that name again, but it's not like she could lie about it. It's kind of true. Yeah, kinda.

    "I must admit that one is true. But because!" she emphasised the word because. "Because, Baekhyun is frustrating, he's confusing. That day when I'm at the balcony, he said that he was saying something random when he said he would help me. And I asked him what does it mean, but then he said it seems like I don't get what he said. See! Who the hell wouldn't be confused because of that." Chanyeol stick his index finger in front of his lips. Without words, he told Soojung to keep her voice low because she's starting to hissed loudly.

    "Are you sure he is not joking?"

    "Are you sure you're asking this?!"

    "Okay, sorry." Soojung rolled her eyes again at Chanyeol. Telling him about this won't make things better, but at least she could feel a bit relieved after letting it all out.

     

     It's 1.00 am, and Soojung is asleep on the sofa upstairs in front of the TV after spending her time with her closest oppa, Chanyeol. However, while she is having–maybe–a great time in her own dreamland, someone is covering her up with a blanket, worried that she would get cold. He smiled as he watched her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter