chapter seven

cynosure
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    Baekhyun laid Soojung down on his arm when they got there. Soojung's eyes are still half opened, her nose are red and her breath is heavy. Water slowly came out from her eyes. "H-hey, I'm here. You're okay, you're safe now. It's okay." Baekhyun wiped her tears and patted her shoulder. 

    They stayed in that position for a few minutes before Sehun ran to them. "Hey, hyung! What are you—oh God, what happened? Hyung!" 

    Soojung coughed continuously after her brain started to realise what's happening. But she still felt weak to respond to anything other than getting up from Baekhyun's arm. "What—let the water out if you feel like to," Baekhyun patted Soojung's back slowly while Sehun's busy calling the others to see what happened to Soojung.

    Ohmygods and areyouokays were threw out for Soojung who's looking pale as ever. Soojung could only nod and said a small I'm okay to give them sign that she's okay.

    "What exactly happened? Did she drown? How the hell—"

    "Let's just talk about it later, Yeol. Let's go home first. We can't continue to have fun if Soojung's in this condition." Junmyeon put Soojung on his back and started to walk home. He quietly sighed in relief because his villa is just 5 meters away from the beach, which means he could get there in a minute and lay Soojung down; without actually caring how his back could ache.

    Baekhyun saw how Junmyeon carried Soojung on his back, somehow feeling hurt because he was the first one to save Soojung; but Junmyeon took her quickly and brought her first. He was annoyed, and he wasn't the only one.

 

 

    Kyungsoo stayed blank on his bed. A figure is laying on a bed in front of him and he wasn't sure of what to do with it.

 

    "Kyungsoo-ya, can you watch her out? She's changing her clothes right now. I'm going to take a nap for a bit. I'll take care of her later, so I'll leave her to you first." Junmyeon showed his sad smile then left Kyungsoo alone with his blank thoughts.

 

    "Aish, do I even have a saying on this?" he groaned quietly and looked at Soojung who's sleeping soundly in front of him. Her hair is wet and her face is still pale. That time, Kyungsoo thought that Soojung looked more fragile than usual, and it made his heart clench.

 

 

    "I'm glad that you're okay now. Are you really okay, though? You're making me worry." Soojung nodded her head and flashed her smile to Jongin, giving a sign that she's really okay.

    "Just how can you drown, actually? You told me you can swim." Jongin looked at her with his frowning brows. The question he asked reminded Soojung of today's accident which making her cringe because of some things; Baekhyun, and her-suddenly-disappearing-swim-ability.

    She looked at Jongin blankly. "I don't know too. I guess I went too far earlier, that's why I'm nervous. The sea was too deep. I was scared." she said with her weakest voice ever, expecting Jongin to pity her or something. But to her disbelief, he laughed at her. Loud. So loud until Chanyeol asked him to shut his mouth up.

    "Why are you laughing?!" Soojung hissed and slapped his arm, trying to shut him up.

    "It's because your face is priceless, alright? I'm sorry." Jongin said between his laugh. Hearing no respond from Soojung, he glanced at her who's resting her chin on her palm. Lips pouting and eyes looking at nowhere. 

    Jongin cleared his throat. "Hey, I'm joking. Sorry."

    Soojung turned her eyes to him. She raised one of her brow and mumbled a what.

    "You're mad, right? Soojung-ah, sorry, don't be mad." Jongin clinged to Soojung and threw his arm on her shoulder, literally squeezing Soojung on his arm. 

    "Yah, Kim Jongin! I can't breath."

    "I'll let you go if you're not mad anymore,"

    "I'm not mad, jesus!"

    "See, you are!"

    "Kim Jongin, I'm not!"

    "You are, Jung Soojung!"

    "What are you two doing?" Jongin and Soojung looked up to who's talking and found Chanyeol standing behind them with his hand folding on his chest.

    Soojung who's free from Jongin's hug ran quickly to Chanyeol and hug him instead. "Oppa, he's bothering me."

    Jongin's eyes widen in disbelief. "Hyung, I'm not—I was just trying to apologise to her!"

    "Jongin, you go cook dinner with Kyungsoo tonight." Soojung sticked her tongue out before following Chanyeol to his room, leaving Jongin dumbfounded.

 

 

    Junmyeon smiled slyly when he saw Soojung walking towards him with a cup of coffee she's holding. "Whoa, you do have sense, Jung Soojung." he said, raising his brows when he's about to take the coffee from Soojung.

    Soojung, like an innocent girl she was, blinked. "What? This is mine."

    "Oh? Look at you—" looking at Junmyeon, she then grinned cheekily and sat beside him; giving the coffee to him.

    "I was just joking." Junmyeon seeing Soojung acting all cute pinched her nose before he began to sip his coffee.

    "Aah, it's so nice in here. I can even see the stars." Soojung laid her head on Junmyeon's shoulder and breath the night air.

    "Acting like she never saw a star before. Psh,"

    "Just drink your coffee and shut up, old man."

    "What old man? I'm just about to enter universi—ty..." Junmyeon took a glimpse at Soojung who's glaring at him then shut his mouth immediately when he saw her glaring at him with her deadly stare. They continued to stay silent until Junmyeon finally started talking again.

    "Why is this coffee so sweet?" he asked, though still sipping on his coffee.

    "Because I want you to have diabetes." Soojung said, staying still.

    "That one's not funny, to be honest." Junmyeon moved his shoulder a bit to tease Soojung.

    "Okay, okay. Just because I hate bitter things."

    "But it doesn't have to be this sweet, you know—you were right, I can have a diabetes if I drink this everyday."

    "Life is alrea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter