autumn

Sugamon Drabbles

A/N: I started thinking about Autumn (it's my favourite holiday), and this happened. More sugamon family and some ot7. It takes place in the same au as the previous drabble. I also changed the font, so I hope it looks a bit nicer now. Please tell me if it's at all difficult to read, I'll gladly change it!

 

Dry leaves crackling under his boots. Cool, crisp air promising the near arrival of winter. Orange pumpkins and warm candlelight casting shadows around the room. Those are few of the things Yoongi loves about this time of year.

One of the thing he loves most is that Autumn is a time of milestones for him and Namjoon. Namjoon’s confession and their first kiss in Hoseok’s cramped closet during his yearly Halloween party. Namjoon’s proposal under the red, orange, and yellow trees surrounding the little pond they would and still do walk around every possible evening. Their wedding a year later, the aisle being showered in multicoloured leaves instead of petals. Moving into their first real house.

Their first time meeting Jiwon was just as the leaves started changing, and if Yoongi closes his eyes he can still see the little girl hiding behind the social worker’s legs, her big round eyes slowly losing their look of distrust as the three of them realized that they were meant to be a family. He loved dressing her up for trick-or-treating, her taste in costumes shifting from cats to princesses to ghosts with every year. Her first day of school was an emotional time for him and Namjoon, and it took every ounce of his strength to not hop on that school bus with Jiwon and destroy any kid who made her feel upset.

Autumn is also the time of year he and Namjoon meet up with their friends the most. Every holiday is celebrated in their large home, evenings spent around the fireplace with hot chocolate and marshmallows. Seokjin arrives earlier than anyone on Thanksgiving to prepare the meal because everyone knows very well that Yoongi and Namjoon cannot cook more than breakfast foods and stir-frys, and even those are disasters sometimes. Jiwon’s birthday is October 9th, and her uncles bring enough gifts every year to fill up the entire dining room. Jimin and Taehyung surprised her one birthday with an outdoor playset, and although Yoongi almost had a heart attack when he found out the price, the look on his daughter’s face was enough to make him forget it completely.

His favourite occasion of the season was not a holiday or birthday, but when the seven friends would stay up long after Jiwon had fallen asleep on someone’s lap and reminisce. The scene itself must’ve been cheesy, seven grown men sitting around a crackling fireplace with calm music playing in the background as they talked about all of their most fond memories, but Yoongi didn’t care. If anything, that made him love it more.

If asked why Autumn is his favourite season, Yoongi will probably reply by saying he likes the colours, or Halloween is his favourite holiday. He’ll never admit that the reasons run much deeper and more personal than that.

 

A/N: Thanks for reading! As always, you guys are awesome.