sunrise

Sugamon Drabbles

A/N: This is really short, does it even count as a drabble? Whatever, I had fun writing this. No warnings, aside from horrible fluff.

 

The rising sun peeked over the tops of the city buildings, painting the usually dull grey scenery in a warm orange hue. Yoongi sighed with content as he snuggled closer to Namjoon. For once, the bustling city of Seoul was silent, and all that could be heard was the morning song of birds and Namjoon’s steady breathing.

Waking up early to watch the sunrise had become a bit of a habit for the couple. Yoongi was never a morning person, but he could allow himself to forget that on mornings like this where his boyfriend woke him up with gentle kisses and a mug of hazelnut coffee.

They never spoke while watching the sun rise. There was no need to. Every emotion they were feeling could be expressed through the squeeze of a hand, a kiss on the cheek, or a soft chuckle as one ruffled the other’s messy morning hair.

They had a busy schedule that allowed for little rest, but neither could bring himself to care about losing an extra twenty minutes of sleep if it meant spending a little extra time with the other. Idol life had no privacy, from fans and even their own groupmates. Every moment spent together without the extra company of five other reckless boys was a treasure for the two.

The bittersweet aroma of coffee mingled with the morning dew and a scent that Yoongi identified as purely Namjoon. It was his favourite smell, and something that he knew was special only to him. Namjoon’s arm had s it’s way around Yoongi, and he was rubbing gentle circles on his shoulder. Namjoon could be really gentle, and although Yoongi loved when they were on the rougher, more passionate side, his boyfriend’s occasional tenderness had a way of making him melt.

Sunrises were important to Yoongi. Namjoon confessed, stuttering and blushing red, while they watched a sunrise together. Their first kiss was during a sunrise as well. And it was while watching yet another sunrise when Yoongi first said he loved Namjoon, and received the same statement in return. And although not every sunrise held milestones for the two, each was special to Yoongi. Because of Namjoon, the night owl was able to say that early in the morning, while most of the city was still fast asleep, was his favourite time of day.

 

A/N: I apologize for how short this is. I kinda wrote it on a whim.