dye

Sugamon Drabbles

A/N: Wow, I haven't updated in ages. Sorry about that! I'm finally settled in my new house and school has started so I should be back to writing regularly. This is my first time writing a soulmates au, and it's also slightly based off of this post:http://mistowls.tumblr.com/post/128401807126/vrvmis-joshnumbilin

 

It was a clean restaurant, and reviews said the food wasn’t that bad, but Namjoon would still much rather be in his studio or even working his off at the gas station, anything but this. Seokjin insisted, almost begged, for weeks that Namjoon visit the restaurant for singles.

 

“You never know who you’ll meet, it could even be your soulmate for all you know!” Namjoon laughed at that. He didn’t believe in soulmates, and was pretty sure that the “colours” couples insisted they saw upon their first meeting were nothing but a lie they use to convince themselves that they were made for each other. It’s not like love was on his mind either. He wanted to stick to his music, and love would only get in his way.

 

However, Namjoon gave in to Seokjin’s persistent whining eventually, and that’s how he found himself seated in a less-than comfortable chair and staring at a brown board ahead of him. He had already ordered a drink for himself, and was glancing through the menu when a high-pitched beep sang from a small screen beside him.

 

I want someone to eat with: YES or NO

 

He was tempted to just press no, but he knew if Jin found out he would be good as dead. With a heavy sigh, he selected yes and leaned back to continue flipping through the menu, not sure if he wanted to stick with bulgogi or try the dak galbi. He decided he was being adventurous enough today and stuck with the former, informing the waitress.

 

It took a few more minutes for the board in front of him to lift up. When it did, everything seemed to slow down as if it were some cheesy movie scene. A face came into view, Namjoon and the stranger’s eyes met, and everything stopped.

 

Everything around Namjoon quickly took on a different hue, and although Namjoon had never seen colours before now, never even believed they existed, he could name somehow everything that was appearing before his eyes.

 

The man across from him was blonde, his hair mostly hidden by a black snapback. He had deep brown, nearly black eyes and soft pink lips. His stared, mouth agape with surprise and Namjoon could see the slight blush crawling on his pale cheeks. Namjoon was never one to find people terribly attractive, but his mouth felt as if it were stuffed with cotton at the sight of the stranger.

 

“Do you see it too?” He whispered, turning his head to glance around the restaurant and take in the newly coloured scenery. Namjoon nodded, still not believing what had just happened.

The man, Namjoon’s apparent soulmate, stuck his hand out. “Well, it’s nice to finally meet you. I’m Yoongi.”

A/N: Thanks for reading! I'll be posting this on my Ao3 as well!