3:24am

Sugamon Drabbles

A/N: yeah I really don't know what happened here

 

Min Yoongi tends to make mistakes when he’s tired.

Not just petty little mistakes, such as misspelling words as he and Namjoon work together on writing the lyrics to a song they hope to feature on their next album or putting the wrong flavour of creamer in his fifth cup of coffee. It is when he is tired that Min Yoongi says things he regrets later on, things that lead to situations he never would have gotten into if he was in his right mind.

So that is how he ended up kissing Namjoon at 3:24am as they spent yet another sleepless night writing what would hopefully be the main track of their comeback album. Caffeine was normally his best friend during nights like these, but it after his sixth cup of coffee he could feel himself becoming immune to the rush it is supposed to give him.

Namjoon suggested that they take a break, and although Yoongi just wanted to finish the goddamn song so he could sleep like a normal human again Namjoon insisted until there was no way he could refuse. They collapsed on the couch together, and Namjoon pulled out some oddly-flavoured bag of chips. When he held the bag out towards Yoongi, he just shook his head, his nose crinkling at the smell.

“What kind of flavour is that?” He scoffed, and Namjoon shrugged as he shoved a handful into his mouth.

“No idea, I just grabbed a random bag out of Jin’s hidden stash of snacks.” Yoongi hated when Namjoon spoke with food in his mouth but he had no energy to scold him. “It really isn’t as bad as it smells, trust me.” Yoongi continued to refuse, giving excuses such as it going against his diet or disliking chips (Which was a huge lie and Namjoon knew but he let it go anyway).

A few minutes passed in silence, and Yoongi could feel himself dozing off. In an attempt to stay awake, he started teasing Namjoon. “You know, I was listening to some of your old stuff, and you used to be really erted. I mean, you still are, but it seems that you’re a bit more reserved than you used to be.” Namjoon didn’t reply, but Yoongi decided he wasn’t done teasing yet. “You talk about really ual things, but I bet you haven’t even had your first kiss yet.”

Immediately he could feel Namjoon tensing up beside him. “Yeah, and so what if I haven’t?” He briskly stood up, mumbling something about how they needed to get back to work.

This was definitely not the reaction Yoongi was expecting. “Wait, Namjoon, does that mean you actually haven’t?” He got to his feet as well, and Namjoon turned around to face him. To his surprise, the younger didn’t look angry at all, only embarrassed and Yoongi was sure this was his first time seeing the leader blush.

“Yeah. I never even had a girlfriend.” He admitted sheepishly. “Now stop staring at me like that, I know you’re going to laugh. Kim Namjoon, the one who raps about so confidently has never even had his first kiss.”

Yoongi did laugh, not for the reasons that Namjoon thinks but his face fell anyway. “I haven’t had my first kiss either, actually.” Namjoon perked up a bit at the confession.

The next words left Yoongi’s lips before he could even think about what he was saying. “We could always try it with each other, it’s not like we can have girlfriends or-” He stopped mid-sentence, his eyes widening in absolute horror as he realized what he just suggested. “, Namjoon, I didn’t-”

Namjoon cut him off, apparently not hearing what Yoongi was saying as he stepped a bit closer. “Seriously? You know, you aren’t too bad looking and we are best friends so I wouldn’t totally mind if it was with you. Can we?” Namjoon’s eyes looked so full of hope and excitement that Yoongi couldn't bring himself to do anything but nod. His eyes travelled down from the taller man’s eyes to his full lips, and although they were a bit chapped Yoongi figured they couldn't be that bad to kiss, and he was even a bit curious about what they may feel like pressed against his own.

It an instant, Namjoon had stepped in so close they were almost touching, and then his hand is on Yoongi’s chin and he’s tilting it up ever so slightly. All Yoongi can smell is the cup of coffee Namjoon downed after he ate those dreadful chips, and before it totally registers in his mind that he is about to kiss his best friend he feels a pair of lips pressing against his own. It feels different than he expected. Not worse, not better, just different. 

The kiss was over in an instant and Yoongi would be lying if he said he wasn't a little bit disappointed in how quick it was.

The pair quickly got back to work, the atmosphere too awkward for them to address what had just happened. Namjoon kept glancing Yoongi's way, and when Yoongi caught him the blonde blushed. "Thanks Yoongi." 

Yoongi wasn't sure why he was feeling fluttering in the pit of his stomach.