i love uncle jimin

Sugamon Drabbles

A/N: terribly written ot7 and sugamon + child fluff ahead

 

“Okay but we are not letting Taehyung hold her.” Yoongi glanced at the little toddler by Namjoon’s feet, his lips curling up in a smile as she looked back up at him and giggled.

“Why not? He has little brothers, he should be fine-” He was cut off by Yoongi slapping the side of his head. “What the -” He was interrupted again, this time by a kick in the shin.

“No cursing!” Yoongi hissed, pulling the little girl onto his lap and bouncing her gently on his knee as he glared at the man in front of him. “Jiwon’s at the age where she will repeat things she hears. What kind of parents would we be if we taught her to swear before she could even say our names?”

They looked up in surprise at a few hard knocks at the door, and Jiwon squirmed out of her father’s lap to hide behind Namjoon’s legs. Yoongi sighed, mentally preparing himself for the chaos that was guaranteed to ensue the moment he opened the door.

The smile that greeted the five men standing outside was somewhat genuine, but mostly forced. They wasted no time in pushing themselves inside, a few pulling Yoongi into a quick hug before rushing into the living room where Namjoon and Jiwon waited. Seokjin was the only one to stay behind in the entrance with Yoongi, pushing a large gift basket into the hands of the already overwhelmed man.

“We put some stuff together for you two. And Jiwon of course. I was the one in charge of picking out a few dresses for her.” He explained with a smile, patting Yoongi’s back before making his way to the next room with the others.

Yoongi ran his fingers through his hair as he leaned back against the door to close it. It took one quick glance at the basket to know who bought what. He made a mental note to thank who he had no doubt was Jungkook for being the only practical one by buying diapers and baby wipes.

His eyes stop at a particular gift, and he lets out an exasperated groan. There’s a little bib, with “I LOVE UNCLE JIMIN” written in huge letters next to what looks like a bottle of baby lotion. Gotta make sure that baby skin stays soft~ is scribbled on a notecard next to it and Yoongi can’t help but laugh. ing Park Jimin.

+++++

By the time Yoongi joins the rest of the group, Jiwon is already on Jimin’s lap, laughing hysterically as he pulls faces. Taehyung and Hoseok are on both sides of him, whining about wanting a turn.

“Just a few more minutes, please! Look at her, she loves me! Don’t you? Yes you do! You love Uncle Jimin!”  

Seokjin and Namjoon are sitting off to the other side of the couch, talking about what sounds to be food. Jungkook is listening in, nodding along to their conversation. All three are ignoring the bickering boys.

“Hey everyone, shut up for a second!” Everyone goes silent and turn their heads in Yoongi’s direction. He takes a second to enjoy the silence before clearing his throat. “Um, would you like anything to drink?” Taehyung, Hoseok, and Jimin immediately respond, claiming to not be thirsty, but Jungkook and Seokjin ask for water.

Yoongi nearly drops the glasses he’s carrying back to the living room, his eyes widening in shock as he hears what sounds like Jimin yelling. Nearly spilling the water as he rushes into the living room, his eyes are met by Jimin jumping around excitedly as the rest stare at him in disbelief.

He sighs with relief as he sees Jiwon safe in Hoseok’s lap. Jimin is yells again, a huge smile taking up half his face.

“She definitely said Jimin! That sounded like Jimin!” The young man exclaims. He calms down after a few minutes, the grin still not leaving his face. The rest remain silent, still blinking in surprise.

“Did she?” Yoongi asks after another minute passes, and Namjoon nods calmly. Yoongi should’ve felt disappointment at Jiwon saying Jimin’s name before she even started calling her dads “appa”, but the Jimin’s proud face is enough to make any bitter feelings disappear.

The rest of the ‘uncles’, even Seokjin and Jungkook, rush over to where Hoseok and Jiwon are sitting, and the room is bursting with excitement and determination as the rest repeatedly sound out their names in hope of Jiwon saying theirs as well.

 

A/N: Protective father Yoongi is probably my favourite thing to write. Thank you to all the new subscribers and people who upvoted! You guys are the greatest!

I've started a long Sugamon fanfic that I hope to post in the next few weeks, so I'll let you all know when that's up!