marriage pact

Sugamon Drabbles

A/N: this is inspired after something that happened between a close friend and I. no warnings for this chapter except for minor swearing.

 

 

“Hey, Yoongi?”

 

    No response. Not that Namjoon actually expected one. It was well past two in the morning and it wasn’t uncommon for Yoongi to be asleep before his head even hit the pillow. Normally Namjoon would just keep speaking while his friend slept through it, rambling on and on about deep things like death and hey man, there has to be other life somewhere out there, right. This, however, was not a rant or series of questions that Yoongi probably wouldn’t have an answer to. He tried again, sitting up to gently nudge the older rapper.

 

    “Yoongi. Wake up.”

 

    Groaning, Yoongi barely opened his eyes and rolled over to look at Namjoon.

 

    “What the hell man.” He yawned, his words slightly slurred. Namjoon’s heart was racing. He was quite certain that Yoongi would laugh or maybe even hit him for this, but he figured he had the best chance if Yoongi was still half-asleep. Maybe he wouldn’t even remember it.

 

    “Sit up, I have a question.” Yoongi mumbled some kind of swear at this request, but complied anyway.

 

    “What is it, Namjoon?” He frowned as he noticed the serious expression on Namjoon’s face. “You alright?” Namjoon nodded, taking a deep breath.

 

    “Uh, so I was thinking, and I know this is really sudden and weird but hear me out. If both of us are still single by let’s say 35, we marry each other. That way we won’t, you know, die alone.”

 

    The question was met by a few moments of silence, then an outburst of laughter. Namjoon’s heart sank. The disappointed expression he tried to hide was quite obvious, even in the dim light. Yoongi must have noticed, because the laughter grinded to a halt within seconds.

 

    “You’re actually serious?” Namjoon didn’t answer, pretending to be very interested in a stray thread on the hem of his shirt. He heard Yoongi cough nervously. “Wait. . . Namjoon, are you gay? Not that I’d have an issue with it, I’m biual so-” Namjoon’s head shot up.

 

    “No! I mean, I don’t think so. I just figured that, um, if we didn’t find anyone else that made us happy we could maybe just make each other happy. And have marriage benefits at the same time.” As soon as the words left his lips, Namjoon began thinking what he said. He never really considered his uality before, he was attracted to women but he never thought about what he felt towards men. Before he could contemplate the possibility any deeper, he was taken back by surprise at Yoongi nodding.

 

    “Okay, sure. It’s a deal.” He stuck his tongue out playfully. “Just don’t prevent yourself from dating anyone until then. Although I know it will be difficult to look at others when you’re imagining my y face instead of theirs.” That comment earned Yoongi a pillow to the face

 

    “Now, if you don’t mind, I’ll be going back to sleep. And you better let me stay that way or I’ll ask Jin if I can be his roommate again.” That threat was empty of course, Jungkook had requested that the roommates be switched after he decided he couldn’t survive one more night of Namjoon’s snoring and there was no way he’d agree to coming back. However, he knew Yoongi was serious about going to sleep, and Namjoon decided it was best to keep him in a good mood and shut up.

 

    Yoongi was asleep within minutes, but it took much longer for sleep to find Namjoon again and put his now confused thoughts about his best friend to rest.

 

A/N: that was pretty short but hopefully it wasn't too rushed! I'll have another chapter up soon!