The Sun Loves The Moon

The Guardians

Turning my head back towards the city lights, I listened intently as the man behind me began to speak. It's true what he was saying—I really do love the lights, especially the moonlight. His voice was so full of passion and excitement that it sent chills down my spine when he suddenly stopped mid-sentence. Did he just say "what he loves?" Love? Did he mean me? Wait what did he mean by... abilities?

 

The two of us were stunned in a silence that seemed to last forever. I tried to speak, but no words came out. As the wind howled and lightning flashed across the sky, the trance was broken once I felt the same warmth from that morning in bed—when the sun pressed against my cheek—that warmth... was his hands as he tucked the loose hairs behind my ear. He was right next me. I took a deep breath and shut my eyes, not ready to look at him.

 

"The sun loves the moon," he began. "The sun loves the moon so much that he shines his bright, warm light towards her. So as though she will never lose her way—that she will always have a guiding light." I opened my eyes and saw the silouhette of the man standing at the edge of the cliff just several feet in front of me. He was tall and slim and unintimidating. With his eyes fixated on the moon, he continued. "And the moon is smart. She finds the light from the sun and reflects it onto the night and uses it to guide those in the darkness. But the moon does not know the sun. She does not know of the suns' love, so the sun chases the moon—providing her with the light she so loves and she, in turn, only moves forward never knowing the sun who yearns for her from behind." His head dropped down and the sadness in his voice made it sound like he was telling his own story.

 

I didn't respond and waited for him to continue, but he didn't. Instead, he turned towards me. "Do you know who I am, my angel?" He suddenly asked. I tried to look at his face, but it was too dark. I wanted so badly to recognize him, but I just couldn't. I thought about it for a few seconds and replied, "My Guardian?"

 

He chuckled and turned back around. "Yes, my Angel. You are right. I am a Guardian." Convincing himself that I wasn't exactly wrong, but that wasn't what he wanted to hear. 

 

His laugh was comforting. I looked down at my phone and thought of the messages we exchanged the night before. Questions started to fill my mind as quickly as they spilled out. "But what is a guardian? You said this is forbidden? But what is 'this' and if it's so forbidden, why are you still doing it?"

 

He let out another laugh, looked down crossing his arms, pondering my questions. "I suppose... it is because I lose all self-control when it comes to you." He paused and looked up at the moon again. It seemed like he wasn't sure if he should tell me what he was about to say. "A guardian protects the lands. We are tasked with regions and try to maintain the peace within those regions." 

 

I couldn't believe what I was hearing! It sounded absolutely ridiculous! I would've stormed down the mountain not wanting to listen any more to this psycho's fantasy, but I didn't—a part of me believed what he was saying.

 

"Do you really not know me, my angel?" He asked again. I shook my head and mumbled a quiet "no." The man put his hands on his waist and began pacing the area. On first glance, I could clearly see that he was very handsome. His profile illuminated by the moonlight, was familiar, but I was still on unsure of this man's identity.

 

He continued answering my questions. "The Rules are made by Headquarters and Guardians must obey them." I sensed the remorse in his voice.

 

"And you are breaking those rules? By doing what?"

 

He looked up at the moon once more. "Guardians are not to make contact with those under our guardianship. It is forbidden to speak, touch, or be seen by those under our guardianship..."  He paused then turned towards me. He was staring at me—I couldn't see his eyes, but I just knew if I could, his eyes would be locked on mine. "And... it is absolutely forbidden for a Guardian ...t-to love."

 

My eyes widened at the last rule he was apparently breaking. "I don't understand, what does any of this have to do with me!" I instantly regretted blurting out.

 

He broke his stare and began pacing again. He stopped in his place staring straight ahead and confessed, "Angel...My angel. You are the moon that relentlessly evades me. My moon and stars."

 

"I—" The words wouldn't come out. I shook my head and looked down at the phone again. I didn't know how to interpret his words and the feelings that I was trying to surpress. Does this mean he...he loves me? The sun loves the moon right? So he's been watching me... he moves so quickly too. And his hand... it's so warm.. just like this morning! That was real? He was actually there? He said Guardians... that must mean there are more of him? The Rules... What is Headquarters? The questions were endless, but I needed to make sense of all of this.

 

I shot my head up again to ask another question, "What are your abilit—" He was standing directly in front of me. I could see his face as clear as day. I knew exactly who this was. My heart sunk and I became pale. I knew the answer to the question I was about to ask. I felt like I was going to be sick but he used the ability to calm the feeling in my stomach. 

 

"Healing, my angel. I heal," Zhang Yixing calmly responded.


A/N: Ok, whoever guessed Lay was completely right :) Hehe sorry this chapter was a bit short, but I do hope you enjoyed it! What do you think so far? I'm really really really excited for the upcoming chapters because we get to meet the rest of guardians!!! This chapter was so inspired by moonlight from the overdose album in case you couldn't tell.... one of my faves<3<3

Anywho, if you guys enjoyed this chapter.. I would really really appreciate it if you upvoted it or subscribed <3 Thank you for reading~ Goodnight!