Deoxyribose Nucleic Acids

Immune
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"W-what?" Jessica stuttered. "That's not possible! You're joking!"

Kris' eyes continued to pore into hers, cold and piercing. "I don't joke," he said, dead serious. 

Jessica was silent, thinking about all the events that had occurred and allowing all the information to sink into her mind. She remembered Krystal's limbs slowly turning black and then looked at her hands. They were skin colored, without any abnormal signs from blood clots. Like Kris had said, she should have been dead, but because she was immune, the disease never affected her. "How am I immune?" she suddenly asked. 

"It can only be written inside your genome," Kris said, distracting himself by studying his fingernails. "Your genome is all of your genetics. It's what makes up you," he paused, then looked back into her eyes. "Your genetics came from your parents. You inherited their genes which make up you. Now, concerning your immunity, there are two hypotheses* that I have come up with. Either you became immune because it was a hereditary* trait passed down by your parents, or, mutations in the particular gene* susceptible to ISC could've been mutated."

Jessica looked at him blankly, dumbstruck and unable to understand anything he had said. 

Kris sighed. "Simply worded, you're immune because either your parents gave it to you through their genetic information or your DNA mutated."

"But then why wasn't Krystal immune as well?" Jessica asked. 

"Who's Krystal?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter