The Beautiful Lie

Immune
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Life is a beautiful lie and death is the painful truth. The past twenty four years that Jessica had lived through had been full of joy and happiness, but this day had come, destroying everything she had lived for. The painful truth had finally arrived, stripping her trust from the beautiful lie. 

The tree branch fell out of Jessica's hands as she froze, shocked to see an icy gun barrel pointed at her chest. She stared at her assassin, mouth open and eyes wide in fear. He was tall and was completely clothed in black; his nose, mouth, and hair were covered, leaving only his dark brown eyes piercing into Jessica's.

She stared back at him, trying to read his mind. His fierce eyes remained cold and apathetic, showing no signs of mercy. Suddenly, the finger holding the trigger moved and Jessica shut her eyes, awaiting death. 

The shot was never fired and instead, sirens began to blare out. Jessica opened her eyes and frantically looked around; the gun was no longer pointed at her chest but at another person. Several government officials stood near the trees, surrounding Jessica and the strange man. 

Suddenly, the forest became a pit of hell, full of gun shots and bloody screams. The strange man had shot at several of the government officials at a moment's notice. Jessica had barely enough time to process what was happening when the strange man snatched her hand and started running, diving into the awaiting forest. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter