The Last Day

Immune
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kris!" She jumped on his back, surprising him. 

"Hey! What were you doing?" He laughed, spinning her around.

"Let's take a picture together," she said, taking out his camera. "Ready? Smile!" The shutters flashed, taking their picture. "Aw it's cute," she said, checking it. "We're cute. You're cute."

"So Jessica, what are we doing today?" 

She knew that her time was running out. "I want to go on a walk, just us."

They walked outside of the safe house, hand in hand, and walked into the forest. Finding a nice place to stop, they sat down near a small creek on a wide rock. She stuck her feet into the cold water and wiggled her toes, enjoying the feeling of liquid rushing across her feet. 

"Hey," Kris nudged her. "I made you something." He pulled out a crown of flowers braided together from behind his back and gently placed it on her head. 

"It's so pretty! I love it!" Jessica pulled out the camera again and snapped another picture. She peered into the screen to check the photo and looked up in alarm. "There's something sparkly in the crown. Did you put glitter on it?" She reached onto her head and tried to touch whatever was shining in the photo. She finally grabbed it after floundering around and gasped in surprise. It was a diamond ring.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter