Chapter Eight

Do You Hate Me?

"Minseok peered through the mirror glass, feeling quite hopeless yet infuriated with growing rage. Until a ingenius idea popped into his head, enlighting a smirk on his cherry lips. "Um, doctor?" the adult mirrored his body to face Minseok's eyes directly, a sigh escaping his lips. "What is it, young lad?" Like he already knew what the student was pondering of, Minseok grinned. "Can you watch over Zitao, carefully? I'm going to head back school." "Of course, just don't get into big trouble." Minseok snickered at the man's sarcasm, fist pumping the cool geezer before heading off into the field, ready to face enemy territory: Tao's dad. Well, more like find out Zitao's address beforehand.

 

Despite the urge to venture the school buildings, Minseok waited patiently on one of the benches outside the gates and - like a hawk - preyed his eyes on any lingering students, waiting for that rightful moment the bell would ring. Though, the heavens were not on his side. Too bad, so instead, his hands searched through his pockets until grasping on his cell phone, clicking the device on to talk to friends on LINE. On the other hand...

 

Jongin shifted uncomfortably on his seat, chewing on his thumb nail and tapped his feet erraticly while mindlessly gazing at the chalkboard. The teacher's rambling simply passed right through his head as his expressionless face drew patterns of endless worries and scenarios that would probably not happen no matter what. The pale boy a desk across from him scanned through the white curtains blankly, his lips pouty and forehead sweaty. Memories from earlier danced in his head, replaying in a loop in subconscience curiosity and confusion. 

An ant-sized figure sat below his view, peeking an interest in the male. Before he could take a better glance at the shadow below, the bell for the next period had already rung with hoards of students crowding the door way. Sliding from under his desk, he gathered his belongings before squeezing his way out of the mass, accidentally touching a few girls who fainted from his touch in a dreamy bliss. Jongin caught the scene, scoffing quite unamused with shut-tight lips, more focused in getting to his next class.

"Chanyeol!" a perky boy from out the hallway hollered with a Chesire smile, his lids slantly and crescent from his wide, kitten grin. "Jongdae?" the said male called, retrieving the attention of the brunette solely on him. The boy grasped onto his loose, stretched out hand, reeling him away from the mob. "Didn't I tell you to stop calling me by my real name? I prefer Chen. Jongdae just reminds me of stuff I don't want to remember!" the younger scolded, smacking the tall male on the back with a grin. "Let's go, we have next period together." The other smiled back at him, almost forgetting about the missing boy who sits next to him in third period.

 

But those peaceful moments were short lived.

 

The speakers roared with static, pulling everyone's attention onto the mic rather than their next class. Worried, Chen squeezed onto the taller boy's hand before loosening his grip. The other stared at him momentarily until the speaker buzzed once more. In a minute of painful silence, a smooth voice emitted from the annoucements.

"I suggest all of you leave this building," the voice spoke calmly, ignoring the confused chatter burning throughout the hallways. Soo after, a chuckle tickled the microphone and the voice spoke once more - yet this time, more firmly and harsh. "If you guys don't want to be sent to the hospital, I suggest you leave. Now." By that time, the teachers have intervinced with the speakers, shouting puzzled warning before a choked scream gargled from the mic. All the students were more alarmed and shakey, staring at one another for reassurance. Chen peeked at the male beside him, his eyebrows furrowed in oblivion.

Chanyeol glanced at the speakers propped above their heads, clutching onto the hem of his blouser. Before he could speak out, the voice called out once more, "If you guys don't want to end up like Proffessor Sung..." The crowd bursted into panic, students rushing for the entrance from the shallow warnings but Chanyeol stood frozen in the hall, not budging a bit from his friend"s tugs. "Chanyeol, what are you doing?! Let's go! It might be a shooting- or even a terrorist attack! L-" Chanyeol brought his slender fingers to the brunette's soft lips, turning his chest to the other's face. "Jongdae.." He whispered, his face contorting into a pained grimace. "What? How many times do I have to tell you to stop calling me that?"

Chanyeol looked down on the shorter male, bending his knees down to eye level. "Fine, Chen. About that voice from earlied..." Chen furrowed his brows, lifting one of his fuzzy arches in perplexity. "Wait about him?" The black haired boy wetted his lips, the roof of his mouth before proposing with a brilliant grin, "How about we stay here instead? I really don't like listening to a stranger." Chen squinted at his friend's idiocy, quickly dragging the male out of the building. " that . I ain't staying here, you trying to get me shoot down?"

"But Chen, doesn't that voice sound familiar?"

By then, the two were out in the front of the school yard, under the blanket of shadows from the academy building. The brunette scoffed at the other's question, shaking his head before making his way to the gates with CHanyeol's hand in his tight fist. "Chanyeol, I have no patience for your bull. Besides, that was one of those voice manipulater thingys. That was obviously not the dude's real voice. You're probably thinking of Saw." The taller boy glanced upwards, his eyes brightening up as his mouth formed an 'o'. "Ooooh yeah.. No wonder it sounded so familiar." With the click of his tongue, the brunette insulted the other once more with a cheeky grin.

As they made their way out, Chanyeol caught a glimpse of a famiiar male from a while away, muttering out his name.

 

"Xiumin-hyung?"

 

 

The said man never batted an eye to his faint calls, but simply shut his book to face the school building. "Why's everyone in such a rush today? I guess the teachers let them out early?" With that the elder sighed with a smile, brushing the invisible dirt from his jeans to stare out at the school entrance. "I guess that means I can check out at the office, eh?"

 


A/N: Yeah guys, short update. Whoops..