Chapter Four

Do You Hate Me?

A/N: Sorry that I haven't updated this story in a while. I was stressing over many things, like commissions from peeps and other . Please enjoy and I hope you forgive any wandering grammar mistakes. I'll try better at writing for you guys. -v-


The two came to a halt near the street that divided the two's paths back home. The older waved his maknae his goodbyes, lingering to insure his princess goes back safely. Tao scoffs at Xiumin, telling him he'll be alright in a harsher tone. The latter was a bit hurt, but couldn't care less at the moment, reluctantly leaving Tao on his own.

The two finally splitted, far enough for the two to be unable to see the other's shadow. Tao glumly forced his hesitant legs to move up the stairs that led to his apartment, his eyes feeling strangely heavier. When he arrived at the doorsteps, he jangled his keys out of his pocket. After unlocking the wooden door, it revealed a cold, dark room that gave no welcome. It was unfamilar to Zitao, usually greeted with happiness from his parents. But not anymore...

The boy sighed sullenly, recklessly tossing his bag near the delicate glass coffee table given as a gift from the landowner. His sore body practically dropped down on the couch, tired from the sudden schedule his father sent him. Tao's soft hands comforted his wet eyes, covering them from seeing the dirty ceiling. He sobbed silently, cursing his misfortunes under his breath.

"Was I able to look happy to Xiumin?"

Tao turned his body to face the back of the couch, gently shutting his eyes. He slowly fell into a cold, lonely dream. A dream he hoped to have never dreamed.

 

---

 

Another day at school began with a chirping Tao at its schoolgrounds. Xiumin chuckled quietly at the other, wondering what made him so happy, only to be dodged with nothings. A tan boy approached the two with swarms of girls and occasional men at his back, itching to see what's in front. The boy barricaded the mob with his long arms shielded by expensive cloth that Tao assumed not to dirty. The two boys looked at the other, the corners of the feline one's lips turning up ever so slightly.

"What's up, Kai?"

The other was flustered, scratching the back of his head nervously. He cursed in his mind, forgetting what to say at the critical moment. Xiumin squinted at Jongin, suspicious of his fishy behaviour. His instincts were always on point, and this was no exception. Xiumin coughed violently for a couple seconds, earning the attention of the two startled maknaes.

"..Ehem?"

Jongin jolted at the response, quickly reverting back to his one sided conversation with the other hyung. Although Tao didn't seem to look like it, he was a bit impatient as well.

"O-Oh, Tao. Mind if I walk with you guys back to class?"

Tao simply nodded, Xiumin begrudgingly doing the same. A large sigh emitted from the eldest before they headed off to their classes, the three splitting at the hallway. Xiumin left the two to their own path, giving in to his softer side. He rocked his head in his dominate hand, groaning from all the new rivals he had yet to battle against.

 

Jongin locked his arm around the others neck, Tao struggling a bit to get out of hold. The contact was painfully awkward. Tao glanced at the other's face, accidenttally making eye contact. Jongin quickly turns his head, pink spreading across his face. He shifts his vision back onto Tao, whose face was undeniably shaken as well. Although Tao didn't admit it.

"Um... how was your day?"

Tao turns to meet the other's face, shrugging in response. Jongin smiled at Tao, who did the same in return. The latter exhaled deeply before starting his long conversation.

"It was fine.. but I think yours would be more interesting."

"Ho? Why is that?"

"I dunno... I just assume you'd have a funner day, since you're popular."

"Hm... I guess mine was okay, but Tao?"

"..Hn?"

"You seem a little down compared to yesterday."

"...Do I? I think I'm just a little tired."

"Okay?"

Tao bobbed his head gently, feeling his eyelids heavier by the minute. He couldn't sleep well last night due to the reoccuring dreams he wish he never had. Jongin held onto the other by the shoulder, supporting Tao with his weight. Tao obliged, resting his sleepy head on Jongin's shoulder, not noticing the deathly glares from surrounding girls who tried snatching Jongin's attention onto themselves. Obviously, it wasn't working.

Chanyeol stared at the two from the window glass connecting his classroom to the hallway, his ears numbing the rambling of his best friend. Only his eyes traced the two boys, his stomach tangled when Jongin touch the other. Chanyeol couldn't really explain this feeling, only that he didn't like it. He poured his frustration to his friend, who giggled at him.

"Oooo, Yeollie has crush~"

"S-Shuddap Chen!"

"So? Is it a girl from your class?"

"..."

"Chanyeol?"

"U-Uh, yeah."

"Whose the lucky lady?"

"N-None of your business!"

"Well now it is."

Chanyeol grunted, shoving Chen lightly out of way and marching to his own class. Chen waved him goodbye and sat back down on his seat, wondering why Chanyeol even bothered to hang out in his class. A mysterious figure approaches Chen, asking a simple question.

"Do you want to join the disciplinary club?"

 

 

The bell rang and it was off to class. Everyone of all age groups, students, staff, or teachers rushed to their designated areas; all were hoping to make it on time. Tao didn't know why everyone was in such a panic, but couldn't care less. Jongin dragged the older to their class, Chanyeol following them from behind a minute later. It was the usual lecture, except the glares of Jongin's fans were a lot stronger than usual.

The tanner male carassed Tao's hand every now and then, shyly brushing closer when he had the chance. Tao was a bit weirded out and confused, but he didn't let it bother him but simply smile at the other. He didn't want to lose a friend on the first week of school. The younger's face had a tint of pink scattered on his cheeks each time the older would smile, instantly swooning his heart. He never felt this way so strongly before, but he knew full well what he got himself into.

Love.

Just at the thought, the corners of his mouth would rise in utter bliss of youth. He knew he was biual, but he never thought he'd feel this way towards another boy. To him, guys are just a one night stand to play around with. He couldn't care at all about gender, but he'd dig a girl anyday. Until now. All in his eyes was his partner in class, a transfer student, and top it all off, a Chinese guy. Emphasize the guy. Tao was blissfully unaware of the charging battles amoungst men over him, fighting to be his lover. Sadly, Jongin knew it all too well. Afterall, he was competitor as well.

Tao's eyes traveled towards a particular male again. Chanyeol. He didn't really know why he was so amused of him. Perhaps it was instincts? Their gazes unintentionally met with each other, turning their heads polar opposite in surprise. Gladfully, no one noticed from being too imersed in the lesson that wasn't a review for once. Tao tried picking his attention back onto the board, only to fail by glancing at Chanyeol's direction. He widened his eyes when he realized the other male was watching him too.

So he waved his hand slightly at the pale boy, who ignored him on the spot. Chanyeol turned his head defiantly, as if to say 'I don't want to be a part of this.' Tao frowned a bit at his reaction, returning to the lesson reluctantly. Chanyeol peeked an eye at the younger, quietly watching him once more. He admits he does like Tao, but he certainly didn't want the other to know. It was as simple as that.

 

Class was over, the yawns of many students rejuventated the young teenagers to head off ton meet with their friends or get on to their lunch. Each student's schedule was different; Tao's certainly was. To make up with Jongin from before, he invited him to lunch and the younger excitedly agreed. Chanyeol watched the two skitter off into the halls, jealous as he was, he refused to talk with his 'crush'.

The two maknaes met up with the short hyung, Jongin greeting the other with a smirk. Xiumin growled quietly at the other, then quickly smiling at Tao, who did so in return. Xiumin opened up his bag, revealing two packed lunches. Unfortunately none for Jongin. Tao offered to share his, but the other refused, saying he already had his own while pulling out a bagged lunch. The three sat down on the bench, Tao in between.

"Class was boring as usual," Xiumin complained, stuffing a mini octopus sausage in his mouth. Tao teased how cute his lunch was, the other barking back that his sister made it with love. Jongin shrugged lazily, laughing at the two. Tao on the otherhand stole an egg from Xiumin, gobbling the ball of goodness down. Xiumin pretended to strangle Tao, who raised his hands defensively while chuckling softly. During the fuss, Jongin snatched a sausage from Xiumin as well, who only noticed after it was devoured.

The older pouted, his cheeks puffed up like balloons. The blonde male pinched his cheeks, stuffing a mini quail egg in his mouth as repayment for the chicken egg. Xiumin gave in, sighing from the stress. Jongin patted his back, teasing how delicious his lunch was. The two maknaes recieved a flick in the forehead from Suho, who wandered to their location with Lay. The two newcomers sat down on the fresh green grass in front of the three, greeting them with hospitality. If you consider motherly scolding from Suho to be.

Lay brought out a large box with many containers, opening one with only rice in it.

"Hnn? Where are the side dishes?" Suho asked, confused to where the cooked veggies or meat have went. Lay simply grinned at his dumbfounded friends, opening a second tubbleware filled with cooked veggies that consisted of kimchi, mustard, broccolli, mushroom, and some boiled chicken eggs scattered about. Tao could feel himself drooling when Lay pulled out a third box filled with many types of meat: chopped bacon, BBQ chicken, and bite sized pieces of steak. His fourth box contained jjajangmyeon, and that was it. 

"Why did you bring so much?" Xiumin asked, leaning in closer to whiff at the delicious smells that lingered in the air near the two others. Lay seemed confused at his reaction, shrugging at the older.

"Well, didn't you guys want some? I figured your guys' lunch wouldn't be able to satisfy your large tummy." Lay answered, picking at a bacon piece. The three on the bench had their eyes basically twinkling at the kind unicorn hat wearing male, Tao kinda tearing up.

"T-Taozi? Are you okay? Is it the lunch? Do you want me to put it aw-"

"No, I just really want some meat."

Lay peered at the maknae's lunchbox, realizing the only signs of meat in it were the grease the sausages left on the rice. Tao unfortunately ate it all. Lay nodded at the boy, signalling the others to eat. And so they did. Lunch was a blast for the group with the constant complaining from Xiumin and Jongin, high pitched laughing from Tao, and munching of Suho and Lay. It was all going great until a short boy poked at Tao's shoulder, earning his attention. The group's faces paled white like ghosts, scaring Tao out a bit. But not as much as the intruder.

"V-Vice President."

"Oh, just call me Sehun, Tao. Or should I say Taozi?"

The sitting blonde's face turned pale as white, eyes widening in fear and confusion. Sehun snickered, tugging at Tao's arm.

"Let's go back to the clubroom fellow members. is about to go on."


A/N: Sorry for the slow update, and occasional grammar mistakes but I wasn't in the mood during that time period. *bows in apology* I finally added Chen in the story. Yaaay~ Haha, I hope this update will be able to peak others interest. -v-

Thank you for the support,

-Author nim