Chapter Seven

Do You Hate Me?

Chanyeol arrived to his class, feeling bothered from the empty seat besides him. "Huang Zitao? Huang Zitao? Hm, that's strange. I could've sworn he was here last period... aish, I'll just mark him absent." the teacher grumbled, scribbling on the attendance sheet before continuing onto the next. Jongin was deeply worried as well, but he shut his mouth and tangled his shakey feet, unable to trust himself.

On the other hand, Chanyeol simply sighed angrily, his brows lacing together. He peered through the glass window, his thoughts more disorganized upon seeing Xiumin run out of the building. He bit down his lower lip, his knuckles whitening in concern. "! Where the hell is Xiumin going?!" he cursed, punching his desk and startling everyone around him. "But more importantly.. " he muttered, staring back at the empty seat.

"..Mr. Park? Are you okay?" the teacher asked rather quietly, in fear of what the rage-driven male might say but sighing relief upon seeing an (fake) apologetic smile from the lad. "I'm fine, Mister." The adult nodded, continuing onto his roll call despite Chanyeol's continous chants of profanity. Feet stamping impatiently whist watching the ticking of the clock and eyes furrowing wrinkles, Jongin swore the giant would be soon erupt like a volcano.

 

And so he did.

 

"Mr. Park? Are you absolut-" "I am so ing sure I am ing okay, goddammit! Stop asking me these questions old man!"

 

Oh dear..

 

"Park Chanyeol, I think you need to cool down in the office. You have detention afterschool .Miss it and you will fail my class," the teacher harshly stated rather calmly, ignoring Chanyeol's frustrated groan. "." "Yeah, you are so ed," Jongin snickered, shooing away Chanyeol's glares.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"So how is he?" Xiumin asked worriedly, chewing on his lip as he patiently waited for the doctor's response. The man in white shook his head, expression so serious that made the boy's heart sink. "I hate to tell you this, Mr. Kim Minseok but this - his condition is serious. Dead serious." Xiumin- no rather Minseok gulped down his fear, nodding slowly. "Are you absolutely sure you can handle what I am about to say?" Though hesitant, Minseok noded his head, his canine set digging hard enough to draw blood from his lower lip. "Before I can tell you his results... Can you tell me how long it took you to bring him here?"

"It took me ten minutes to brought him here by foot. He hasn't woke up already.. can you help him doctor?"

The man shook his head, devastating Minseok's heart. "I am afraid I can't undo the permanent damages, but I was able to safely secure his life... Though he might never be able to walk and may have forgotten some things. Worse case would be permanent amnesia, life on a wheelchair, or maybe.. death perhaps. Maybe I shouldn't have asked of you to carry this burden without faltering, Mr. Kim."

Minseok shook his head, tears daring to fall.

"Oh no.. his heart rate sir!" a nurse shouted, rushing to Tao's side and fixating the UV straps. "How could that be? I could've sworn.." the doctor mumbled, hastily rechecking Tao's condition. Sighing in relief upon Tao's heart rate stabilizing, he turned back to Minseok who was fighting victories tears.

"As you can see, he is very unstable at the moment. Can you call his parents? So if anything happens..." he trails, looking back on the resting Zitao. "They'll be the first to know." Minseok froze, peering at his front pocket jeans reluctantly. "I'll try Doctor. I haven't seen them in years. Nor even talked to them," he replied, sliding his phone out and scrolling down the numerous contacts in his list.

At the very end, there laid Taozi's Dad. Though wavering, his fingers dialed the man's number. The ringing felt like it continnued on forever, the voice operater always responding with a voice message but then it finally clicked.

"....Hello? Who is this?" a husky voice answered.

"Um, is this Tao-ya's father? It's me... Minseok."

"Ah yes... your that old friend of his. What is the matter for you to call me out of all these years?"

"Zitao is in the hospital! There is high chance he might no-"

"So?"

"...So? What do you me-"

"Why should I care about him? I have severed all my ties with that fool."

"Wha... bu- but he's your son!"

"Was my son."

"Ho-"

"If this was all you wanted to talk about, I'll be taking my leave. Good bye," then. The line was cut and left an infuriated Minseok. "What the ?" he cursed, slamming the phone onto the ground til it shattered, startling the doctor and nurse. Apologetic, he picked the broken pieces along with a considerate nurse with him. "I reckon.. his parents might not be able to make it?" the doctor muttered, leaving only unsettling silence.

"No... I'll make sure they will make it. Hopefully." Minseok affirmed with reckless determination, making the doctor smile. "I do hope so, but in the meantime... Let's give our attention to this poor soul." The two returned their gaze onto Zitao, who was in the middle of intense care. Glaring at his broken phone, he grunted, "Who the hell does he think he is?!"


A/N: Sorry for the short update. Been busy as of late. ^^'' Please don't hate me! Yeah, there's more to it if you read Chapter Four once more to get more insight of Zitao's background if you haven't read it carefully enough. 

-theauthorkuduo