Chapter Five

Do You Hate Me?

Sehun dragged Tao to their dust-free clubroom, the others tagging along the two. Xiumin was annoyed at the white haired squirt, but he was Vice President, so he couldn't really be all up in his grill. Even though he is his hyung.

When they finally went inside the room, the stotic short male was sitting on his rolling chair as usual while sipping at his latte, waiting for their arrival. Along with two other males.

"Oh, Kyungsoo. You brought the other guys in already? I was planning to drag their asses like these guys, but I guess not."

The Captain just chuckled quietly, turning his head to face the two males he brought in. Tao widened his eyes in amuse, surprised to see Chanyeol willingly join their club activities. The said man was chatting up with the other male next to him, sparking something within Tao, but the latter shrugged it off. Kyungsoo coughed to grab the members' attention, announcing their first club 'duties'.

"Well, everyone. I, well more like Chanyeol, brought in another member. His name is Jongdae, but I assume he'd rather be called?"

"Chen."

"Oh yeah, Chen. Pleased to have you on board."

Chen nodded his head before returning still and silent, paying close attention to the short Captain.

"Okay now.. Lately, the delinquents 'round here have been too active as of late. Apparently, a certain student is behind of all the going on and I want you to find out whose messing with us."

"W-Wha, why me?" Zitao stares crosseyed at the finger pointed directly at him, nearly poking his nose. Kyungsoo gives him a dark smile, sending cold sweat on Zitao's neck. The usual quiet, yet happy Kyungsoo was no more, but a cold hearted demon at the moment. Zitao now was sure that something was up, and had a bad feeling in his gut. But that also meant he couldn't refuse unless he wants his head removed.

"F-Fine..."

"Good!" Kyungsoo brightens up; Zitao sighs in relief after the change in demeanor. The short captain meets his eyes with Sehun whose right behind Zitao before smiling devilishly. Xiumin notices the contact between the two, frowning from his intuition.

"I think I'll go with T-"

"Can I come with Tao?" Lay cuts in nonchalantly, interrupting the worried Xiumin. Before the hyung can protest, Kyungsoo silences Lay and shakes his head, disapproving the idea.

"Oh... why not?"

"Because I feel like Zitao should do it himself."

"B-"

"No buts, Lay-ah."

"Aw man..."

Lay takes a seat near the coffee table before slumping down on the surface, pouting in disappointment. Suho walk over to the lad and pats him on the back, comforting the saddened friend. Sehun jumps up from behind Zitao, ready to give out the instructions he 'drew' out on a slightly crumpled blank printer paper. Zitao stares at the map in puzzlement, examining the neat procedures down to the child-like doodle of a location that seemed quite familiar. But what caught Zitao's eye was a nearly erased out doodle of bobba tea that had a stick figure--which Zitao assumed was Sehun--sipping on the straw. He chuckled at the remains of the drawing, earning the unneeded attention of the demon assistant.

"What is it?" Sehun sternly asked, creating unwanted eye contact with the shakened Zitao.

"Oh, uh.. nothing."

"Good."

After the dull conversation, the room turned dead quiet. The air was stuffy, choking the boys' throats. Xiumin stumbled to the window, gasping for air right after he pushed the glass open. Suho was confused to as why the room would suddenly be so stiff in the air, but he caught a glimpse of a student leaning in the doorway with a bucket in hand. He tried to call out, but only coughs would escape his lips.

"..h-hey...!" he finally mustered, but the student ran off without the other members realizing. Suho sighed at the predicament, massaging his temples and the bridge of his nose with his fingertips and palm. Everyone--except Sehun--started fanning the air out with some sheets lying around, but Zitao was too lazy and used the hem of his shirt to create some breeze. Jongin followed the older's gesture, taking peeks of the other's revealed skin every avaliable moment. As the air got lighter, so did his delusions.

Zitao glanced at Jongin, who had drool slipping down his lower lip. He unconsciencely his thumb and wiped the drip off, only to realize after the action. Jongin gave him a long, pink cheeked stare before breaking the awkward mood with choked out gibberish. Zitao finally cracked a bit, chuckling in his amuse.

"I never knew you were so fickle about that. Sorry, it's just a habit of mine."

"Like your lip biting?"

"eh?"

"Oh-uh-I just happen to notice you do that often-uh-yeah."

"Oh. I guess I do that often when I'm excited."

Zitao pondered onto his thoughts while pinching his lower lip while Jongin watched him. All of a sudden, a shattering noise breaks the comforting silence, alerting everyone's attention. It was Chanyeol. He was picking up the glass shards one by one in his hand until Zitao rushed to his side with his face pale. The sunbae stared at the other not so secretly as Zitao quickly picked up the broken pieces of glass, not noticing the cuts he gotten from the rush. Chanyeol widened his eyes at the sight of Zitao's bloody hand, ready to speak out but Xiumin cut him to the chase.

"Taozi! You're hand is bleeding!"

"What? Oh, I am. I didn't notice."

"How couldn't you notice? You're basically drippin' a puddle here!"

"... uhh, I guess I was too absorbed? haha..?"

"Jeez, let me take care of that for you."

Xiumin picks the shards off Zitao's hand one by one into a dustpan, tossing the garbage away before coming back with a first aid he found while loitering around the cabinets. The sunbae patted the wound dry of blood with a damp cloth then sprayed the cuts with alchohol. Xiumin then proceeded to wrap the reddened skin with ravels of medical bandages. Zitao watched the hyung do his magic quietly in order not to get everyone's eyes on him, since he didn't want anyone to see his face right now.

He burrowed his head into his blazer, covering his face from view. His eyelashes fluttered against the cloth, along with the droplets of tears. He quickly rubbed his eyes before turning back to Xiumin.

"Tao? Is there something wrong? Your eyes are kinda red..."

"Ah, it just hurted."

"But when you usually get hurt, you scream out in pain like it'll kill you."

"W-What! That's not true...."

Xiumin smirks, tugging the clothed bandage tighter against Zitao's arm, the younger squealing out in pain.

"See?"

"GaaAAaahhH! Please stop! That hur-AHH!"

Xiumin loosened the blood stained bandages from his arm, rolling over another layer to cover the tints of fresh blood. Chen grimaced at the painful sight of a whincing Tao and a slightly sadistic Xiumin. Then he quickly turned his attention back onto Chanyeol, the culprit of the broken China ware.

"Why'da break the cup, Chanyeol?"

"Oh-urr... I got surprised by something."

"What made yo-"

"AH! Someone is spying on us!"

"WHERE?!"

Everyone quickly shifted their attention onto the direction of Chanyeol's index finger, leading to nothing but a nearly empty hallway. Chen grunted in confusion and was a bit annoyed, gazing at the empty space Chanyeol was originally standing in.

"Huh? Chanyeol?! WHERE ARE YOU?!"

That is when they realized. He fled the scene... or got captured. But either option was a far fetched one in their mind.


A/N: Sorry for the short updates nowadays! Things are just not going well for me lately. ;-; Anyways. dammit CHanyeol. Dammit kitties. Dammit all. Please mind my language and frustration being punched up into this single damn line. Thank you.

-A(for aggressive)uthor nim