Chapter Three

Do You Hate Me?

The bell rang, students hurrying back to their classes and Tao was no exception. He walked as fast as he can, trying not to bump into anybody again. He scanned each classroom door, reading the names and hurrying onto the next. Of course, Tao had no right grasp on the way around the school building even though Xiumin shown him around the school. But who can blame him? The school is frickin' ginormous. Author-nim here wouldn't.

 

Finally finding his class, he took out a panda patterned notebook Xiumin gave him yers back, tracing a makeshift map of the school. Well, so he wouldn't forget his way and be a clueless dimwit again.

 

The lesson began, pencils scratching, and faint tapping of phones texting were all resounding in the room. Unusually, Tao took his focus off the lesson, his eyes trailing onto the pale, large eared boy on his left. Watching intently, Tao chuckled to the sight of Chanyeol slowly slipping his way off to dreamland until a piece of chalk and an occasional marker eraser smacking the two's heads from completely falling into their daydreams. "Park Chanyeol! Mr. Huang! At least seem like you are paying attention! If not, go stand outside of the classroom. NOW!" The two whimpered, Tao earning the chuckles of classmates and some sneering--and obviously jealous--girls. Tao--however--sorta understood him. He was afterall being put outside, alone, with one of the most gorgeous guys in class, Park Chanyeol. Heck, Tao was slightly attracted to him too, even though he won't admit. It was very clear to see through Xiumin's eyes though. They walked out the door, hearing some giggles and woos here and there.

 

The hall was silent and the mood was awkward. Tao looked at Chanyeol who evaded his obvious need of eye contact and conversation. "W-What?" The panda-like widen his eyes, surprised to even hear that Chanyeol was the one to start the conversation. Tao smiled widely at Chanyeol, pushing their faces closer together. Tao leaned in further, the giant's heart leaing out of chest making him want to die in a hole for it. 'I'm not gay' he repeats to himself, nudging Tao to get away from him. Tao finally speaks up, whispering, "You fina~nlly said my name!" He jumps up with his arms wailing up in the air, wide as his smile against his face. Tao closes in on Chanyeol, hugging him in the spur of the moment. Chanyeol shoves Tao off his chest, warning him quietly to stop messing with him. Not that Tao listened.


*The bell ranged and it was off to the next class, but we'll timeskip to the end of the school day.


Tao hussled out of class, about to search for his senior friend. A hand tugged at Tao's sleeve, a voice beckoning him not to go. He turns, realizing it was none other then Kai. "Do you want to hang out afterschool?" Tao flattered, but remembered Xiumin was going to show him around town to go to a dessert shop. Afterall, he just moved to South Korea. "I'm sorry, but I have something to do afterschool with my friend." "Oh... that's fine. S-Since we just met and all." Kai seemed dejected, making Tao have a bad feeling swell up in his stomach from guilt. He pats the darker one on the shoulder, the other one looking back at him. "Maybe next time," purred Tao, causing Kai's heart to tremble. As he walked pasted Kai, he whispered in his ear, "Sorry Kai." The dark boy quickly turns around, watching the other walk away into the crowd, his heart seeming to break out of his chest. "Oh Zitao... how you love to make me love mess." he mutters, smiling as he looks forward to tommorrow.

 

"Xiu-gege? Where are you?" Tao stumbles across a beautiful, apolegizing and bowing. "It's okay, dear. What's your name?" Tao shifts his vision from the ground back to the boy. He was stunningly handsome, yet beautiful at the same time. He felt sort of lucky to be able to set his eyes on such a beautiful man. "M-My name is Huang Zitao, a transfer student from China. A-And who are you?" The boy mutters something quickly in Korean, Tao not catching what he said. "Um... sorry but I didn't catch that sir?" The boy smiles at Tao whose cheeks began burning up slightly. "Nothing dear... so you wanted to know my name?" "Yes...?" "Oh, my name is Byun Baekhyun, but you can just call me by my first name." Tao smiles cutely back at the other, who seems a bit flustered after the gesture. "What's wrong si--I mean, Baekhyun-gege?" "Gege..." the other whispers, blushing slightly at the remark. "N-Nothing Tao...-didi, I assume? Are you a freshman? If that is, you'd be younger than me, a sophomore." "Y-Yes." Tao was shy at the beautiful boy, but not smitten. He had two other people on his mind, making him smile of the thought of them. "See you around," the boy says, sashaying away that makes Tao wonder if he really is boy.

 

"Taozi!" Xiumin rushes over to Tao, brushing his clothes off to clean off any 'dirt' that may have touched Tao. The older sighs in relief, ready to head off to their destination. Xiumin starts complaining about what happened to him while Tao wa gone and how Sehun was being a pain in the , especially about the club.

 

The boy from before overhears their converation, chuckling to the complaints of the senior. "How interesting... so they are members of EXO? I'll keep that in mind." He mutters, walking off to who knows where.

 

At the dessert shop...

 

"Tao... Tao? Tao! TAO!" The panda boys snaps back to reality, a worried Xiumin in his prephierals. "Hm? Oh, what's wrong Xiu-gege?" "What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you! You've been zoning out lately... it's making me worried, you know?" "O-Oh... I was just thinking about things... like that boy I saw earlier." Xiumin twitche after hearing 'boy' asking him who it was. "It better not be about that Chan-what-his-face jerk," Xiumin whined, trying to get Tao's attention. "No, not him... though I was thinking about him too--BUT! It was someone else. It was a very pretty guy I bumped into who said his name was.... hmm. Bacon?" "Bacon?!" "No, yahhh... Becon? Beyaku? Oh, I got it! Baekkie!" "Baekkie?! Who the hell i--" Xiumin stops widening his eye, then staring back at Tao. Thinking before speaking out, he places his finger on Tao's soft lips, keeing his mouth shut. "You don't mean... by any chance... Byun Baekhyun?" Tao nods his head pleasurely as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, making Xiumin stare at him longer in disbelief. "You aren't hallucintating right? You sure it wasn't a ghost?" Xiumin teased, earning a shiver from Tao. "N-No, although he was pretty pale, he was a person. Not a g-g-ghost." "You're unbelieveable, you know? You keep buming into wildly popular dudes... it's driving me crazy." The older one pouts, hearing 'aws' from Tao. "Haha, as if! It's not like they are gonna swoosh me away, oh Mario." "You don't know Tao-no-Princess Peach... You don't know the struggles of me-Mario... Those 'Bowsers' keep 'stealing' you away, and I feel like you are gonna leave me behind..."

 

Tao places both of his hands onto the older, moving his head to look at him straight in the eye. Tao beams at Xiumin, kissing him on the forehead, making the older blush. "This Princess Peach ain't leaving you know? Do you know any princess that can do wushu and rap?" "...I do." "Oh? Then who?" "You." Tao's face turns beet red, covering them with both of arms to hide his embarrassment. Xiumin thought it was incrediably cute. "...and maybe Mulan too. If she can rap?" The two begin cracking up, Tao softly unching the coffee table in amusement, 'trying' to contain his laughter. "Oh, the dessert it here," says the older, grabbing Tao's attention back onto the older. The female waiter sets the desserts onto the table, chuckling quietly at Tao's cute behavior as she walks away.

 

"Wooah~ I never seen such a pretty parfait before... Do you want some Xiu-gege?" The older glances at the sickening sweet dessert, cringing a bit at the thought of it's sugaryness. "Nah... I'll pass Taozi. I'll just sip on my latte." "Fine, suit yourself. All for me~ then!" Tao his lips, and digs into the dessert, reminding Xiumin every now and then how good it is and how he's missing out until he gulps down on the last bite. "Maan, that was deelicious. I bet a certain someone was jealous~." Xiumin laughs at Tao's childish behaviour, the younger one pouting at Xiumin's poor reaction. "You should've at least took a bite, you know?" "Nah, it looks too sweet for my liking, but it suits your sweet tooth." Tao shrugs, still pouting. Xiumin slides a slice of peach cake to Tao, lightening the younger one's face. "Oh well, since you're like that, I guess more for me~" Tao rejoices, taking a bite out of the freshly cut cake. (if that makes sense lol) Xiumin takes another sip of his latte, in a mini marshmallow. He eyes on the crispy, light toast, taking a bite out of the buttery goodness. A waiter comes out to their table again, asking if they need anything else, except this time, it was male.

 

They look up about to refuse, until they gasped, realizing who it was. "C-C-Captain?!" The waiter jumps up, flustered by the shout and many stares, calming the other two down. "Shh! A student isn't allowed to have a part time job, but I need it so zi-ip!" The two boys nod with Kyungsoo's hand on each of their mouths, slowly releasing the two. "I didn't know Captain had a job here," Tao asks, his face drooling thinking of the many ways he cn get Kyungsoo to give them a discount whenever they come over. Knowing what Tao is thinking, Xiumin asks him if they can get a discount, only to be coldly refused by Kyungsoo, Tao moping from the response. "H-Hey! It's not like I own the store." Tao pouts at Kyungsoo, pleading him with his eyes, even doing an aeygo. The two older boys blushing, Kyungsoo gives in, saying he'll ask the manager. He approaches a pretty woman in a cute apron, Xiumin and Tao seeing hand gestures here and there and being pointed at by Kyungsoo. The short man comes back, saying they can have a discount. The two boys cheer, especially Tao.

 

"Ne ne, Captain?" "Hmm? What is it Tao?" "Sit over here," Tao says, patting at the seat next to him. Kyungsoo sighs, protesting he has work to do. Tao pouts, giving up from all the refusals he gotten today. He was too tired to make a fuss, since he did it so much to Chanyeol. The panda boy sighs deeply, recieving  pat on the head from Xiumin. "Cheep up, Taozi." "Yeah, cheer up, Tao. Oh, I gotta go. Another customer, see you!" Kyungsoo shuffles to a table, writing down orders on a mini notebook, giving a smile here and there. "You know... Captain is a lot nicer than Vice Prez. Makes you wonder whose really the boss," Tao sighs, peaking Xiumin's attention. "Taozi?" "Hmm?" "Cheer up, I'll buy you another dessert. But I won't tell you which one." "Ehh?... Okay." Xiumin smirks, signalling another waiter to come over, sadly not Kyungsoo. Tao smiles at Xiumin, wondering what he'll order, but Xiumin whispers into the waiter's ear instead of saying it aloud, making Tao even more curious. Xiumin glances back at Tao then back at the waiter, the panda boy scratching his head in confusion. "Ne Xiumin, just teeelll me~" "Nope, it won't be fun that way." "Stingy..." Tao flops his hed on the table, sliding another dessert to him, eating away his frustration. "Why won't he tell me?" he mutters, pouting cutely making Xiumin pinch his cheeks, awwing at Tao's expression.

 

Without Tao realizing, he already devoured all the sweets but he was still hungry for more. He rubs his belly, widening his eyes at Xiumin. "What is it, Taozi?" "I-I think... I gained weight." "Huh? Really?" Tao walks out of eat then stands in front of Xiumin, the older one looking at Tao's waist in confusion. Tao lifts his shirt revealing his toned--with a slight defined abs---stomach. His action catches the attention of other customers, girls--and boys--checking out the clueless panda boy. Xiumin glares at others, especially the men since Tao is gay, then turns his attention back to his princess. "Are you sure Tao? It looks fine." "Nuuu, look carefully! Can't you see I'm rounder than before?" Xiumin his head to the side thinking that it is, I guess, a bit rounder... "I guess..?" "See! Maybe it's because of all the delicious food I've been eating..." Tao starts outing, the older rubbing circles on his back with his hand. "It's okay Tao! I can barely notice it." "See! You still noticed it though. Doesn't change the fact I gained weight." Xiumin was utterly confused. Tao looked fine, no, he was gorgeous--thin--and fit too. He didn't see the problem. Tao slips his hand under Xiumin's shirt, groping his abs and comparing the two. "Xiu-gege's abs are harder and more define..." Xiumin slaps the other's back, Tao yelping from the impact.

 

"Taozi, cheer up. You look fine--no beautiful! Anyone would kill to look as handsome a you, so relax! You can always lose weight anyday." Tao blushes from the compliment, twiddling his thumbs. He was flattered, forgetting all his worries. "Now sit back down, my special dessert is waiting for you to eat it." Xiumin says, pointing at an approaching waiter. Tao slides back onto his chair, curious and excited of what it was. The waiter set the dessert on the table, but Tao still didn't know what it was since it was in a box. The man opened the container, revealing a panda themed cake with candles on top, frosting writing out the words, 'Happy Birthday Princess Peach' with a pink peach shaped in a heart in the middle." Tao was shocked, especially at the fact he forgot his own birthday. Maybe it was due to the fact he was too excited about his first day in school AND Korea. He looked back at Xiumin, who was smiling at him. "Happy birthday Taozi. Don't tell me you forgot?" Tao shook his head, Xiumin laughing at his response. "Jeez, you're such an idiot at times. Now, make a wish 'Princess Peach'." Tao blew on the candles, wishing to stay with Xiumin forever. After Tao blew out the candles, the waiter picked the sticks of wax out, smiling at the birthday boy.

 

After the waiter left, the two began devouring the cake, saving the rest in the box the waiter left behind. "We can give the rest to our new club members," Tao insisted, making Xiumin smile at his maturity and sweetness. "Are you sure? You can always eat the rest for yourself later." "Nah..." "Why not?" "Because I'm getting fat." The two laugh as they walk out of the shop, Kyungsoo waving them goodbye. Tao suddenly hugs Xiumin, the older trying not to drop the cake. "Thanks, Xiu-gege!" "Anything for my princess." "'Princess' huh..." Tao mutters something in Mandarian, Xiumin not catching it.

(if you're wondering) What Tao said: " 那么你是我的王子 "


A/N: Finally an update! I had to pump my brain juices out and I wasn't sure how to bring Baekkie into the story. Now only one member left to add: Chen!

I really like Xiutao, but I also like Chantao. Gah, I'm in a turmoil. I hope you like the update, and excuse my grammar. Thank you and read you later.

-Author

 

Poll on who you think Tao should end up with: http://www.asianfanfics.com/poll/aff_view/105590

*Not that the poll matters in the story, but just curious. It might end out with the person of the highest votes though.