Chapter Six

Do You Hate Me?

The boy was no where in sight. Everyone is in shambles, their eyes buzzing like mad to search for the usually gentle giant--especially Tao. Kyungsoo shot up from his chair, eyes wider than ever. Chen was more confused to as what made his bubbly friend disappeared, or who would be the cause of it. Sehun was the only calm one about this matter with an ever so arrogant grin playing on his lips.

"Tao?" The man growled, shaking the taller boy's self esteem.

"Y-yes?" The boy returned with a sweeter, but confused smile worried to as what the devilish boy's request may be.

"Aren't you going to do your job?" Sehun chuckled as he watched his hyung dash out of the room in a frenzy, leaving behind a disappointed tan fellow.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Mmmhurmhh!" The giant struggled against the surpisingly taller stranger's tight grip around his waist, muffling through the cracks of the other's fingers. Chanyeol instinctively elbowed his kidnapper, the other revealing his identity as he groans fron the impact. ...It was none other than-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Park Chanyeoooooooooool?" he cried through the disappointedly empty corriders in hopes of finding the usually hyper boy, but luck was not on his side. Tao huffed in annoyance and worry, his brows knitting together as he locks no one in sight. The boy unusually cursed quietly, before finally returning to as what he was ordered to do: track down the centre of the delinquents. In other words, find the so called boss. Tao rubbed his scrunched face with the both of his palms, slowly regaining his calm state.

"If only Xiumin-hyung was with me." he complained before running through the quiet halls, passing by a lit up janior's closet.

Tao's frequents huffs of frustrations echoed throughout the halls in the amist of his search between Chanyeol and the gang. Although he wanted to ditch the latter in hopes of finding his much wanted companion, he was more than afraid to feel the wrath of Oh Sehun. Every now and then, he'd call out but no one to return it. Tao was soon on the verge of giving up until he heard a muffle - or at least what he thought he heard. He quickly ran to the source, moping at the sight of a squeaking mouse.

"At least it isn't a bug."

He marched back on his tracks with a suffucating choke in his throat, strangling the air out of his lungs. Tao wasn't so sure why he was acting up in this way until a familiar whiff of smoke trails from the top of the stairs, his feet carrying him up faster than what he expected. The boy regrettably slammed open the rooftop door, his feet meeting head first with a blonde student.

Bursts of confusion and anger resounded throughout the area, nearly making Tao deaf just by watching. Fists after fists came after one another, but he gracefully dodged each one as if they were passing feathers of a flock. It was time for him to make a move himself, dunking suddenly before tripping three passing delinquents, hoping they were fine. Tao wasn't one to resort to violence, nor was he a fan of it but the situation called for it as a heavy sensation bursts on his head, almost knocking him out.

"Nn..."

Tao groaned noisily, comforting his head with both hands util realizing he was in fact bleeding. He panicked silently when the drips of red suddenly turning to puddles, his eyes twirling like mad. A rush of adrenaline filled his system, giving him the energy and lack of rationality to knock the living daylights out of his charging opponents. Delinquents beated him in turn, with baseball bats to wooden planks, anything to somehow bring the raging boy down to his knees but all was in vain. Although his vision blurred as the men fell one by one, the seemingly pointless fight left a single student waiting by the outer railing.

"...Are you- ah ghnn! - the leader?"

He clumpsily limped towards the alpha male, upon realizing who it was by the looks of his blank expression and yet all too noticible looks. Tao's mouth gaped open but no words were able to escape, already feeling himself at his limit. The blood seeping from his head injury soon turned Niagra falls as he collasped onto the floor, slightly ridiculed by how idiotic it was of him to barge in while fighting twenty or so armed students by himself. But he never thought the leader of these rowdy men would be someone he'd never think he'd run into more than once.

"Are you sleepy?" the boy purred before ending Tao's suffering with one swift kick.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You are!" Chanyeol barked with surprise, quickly silenced by his 'kidnapper' with a halt of his lips. He knew someone was after their club, but he never thought he would help him. The familiar figure shushed him abrupted, giving him a signal before slowly releasing his hand from the other's uncooperative chatter box.

"Why-" he questioned, only to be interrupted his a finger softer than appearance.

"Shhh! Quiet down... one thing first- don't say my name aloud." he hissed, shutting up Chanyeol instantly. He flicked his finger off his lips, sighing in frustration.

"....Why are you helping me? Aren't you... opposed to the kind of club I'm in?"

"I... uh - what kind of rumors do you even hear about me?"

"Weh-heh-hells, about that -"

"Okay, nevermind. Anyways, big trouble and I don't want you guys to crash into the middle of it."

"....What do you me-"

"You know perfectly what I mean."

"You don't mean..."

"Yes. It's happening again."

"... I knew I shouldn't have joined this damn club."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"..o........ao ..!"

 

The boy fluttered his eyes open, finding himself in a room he had no recognition of with a tear stained woman through his blurred eyes. She continued screaming out with the top of her lungs, but he was unable to receive neither of it. A single tear found its way down his cheek as he peacefully watched the woman cry her heart out, the salty drops landing on his still face no matter what shake she gives him; he failed to return one back to her. He managed to at least croak out a single word for her, before drifting back to his lonely slumber.

"............m..om....."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tao gasped open in shock, frantically examining the area he awoke from. Clean as usual, he was laying on the bed of the clubroom with bandages all over his body. He massaged his forehead, trying to remember the events that occured before he was knocked out, wiping away at his slick cheeks in the meanwhile. A hand violently shook him before embracing him tightly, his shoulder becoming increasingly wet.

 

"......Are.... we in the... clubroom?" Tao muttered dazily, feeling himself higher in the clouds than normal.

 

The trembling of his embracer soon turned stronger, squeezing him tighter than before.

 

".......You are just hallucinating Tao..... we aren't in the club... nor even at school.... We're in the hospital."

 

"......huh?...."

 

"....We. Are. In. The. Hospital...."

 

All of a sudden, Tao's world became clear, his eyes wandering in a room unfamiliar to him yet strangely so connected to. The man silently wailing in his arms soon left his, revealing Xiumin's moistened pink cheeks. The boy's eyes widened, carrassing his own bandaged head in confusion.

"...What hap..pened..?"

Xiumin frowned, his glistening eyes lowered significantly to Tao's legs, which were in a brutal condition that nearly shook Tao offguard himself.

".... I was worried about you the minute I saw you leave the clubroom. ...You were taking awfully long so I decided to look for you, of course, by myself. The tyically delinquent's hangout would be on the roof, correct?"

"..hehe... yeah.."

"........And when I.... opened the door... I saw you... like that. For some reason, no one else was with you."

The last bit nearly threw Tao off the roof, and surprise would be an understatement.

"...B- but, I- I..!"

"Yeah yeah, I know... you definitely beated those guys up."

"If- if you know... then why-"

"....It's not like they disappeared like that..."

"..!.."

"They were already gone - more like downstairs - by the time I got to you. And pretty beat too."

"Wha - wha...."

"Before I tell you even more, I have one more thing to say..."

"...What is it?"

"No one besides me knows you're here, okay? Everyone was in class by the time I got there - you were bleeding pretty badly too - and I-"

"So you ditched school? ...For me?"

"....yeah."

"...Xiumin-ge I- *sniff* I.."

"It's okay, Taozi... It's going to be alright. It's already a miracle that you woke up this quickly. But I'm not sure if you didn't receive brain damage yet..."

"Xiumin..."

"...Yeah?"

"Thank you. You are a friend I could never wish for- you - you-"

"Don't say no more. You need to rest. Also...."

"..hm?"

"...Tell Sehun whose the leader, okay?"

"......okay...."

As I slowly allowed myself to drift, a man in a white lab coat entered the room while a young lady placed an anesthetic mask over my mouth. I managed to catch a few words, including Xiumin's sobbing.

 

 

 

"...It's been.... 10 minutes... since... brought.... him..... woke..... already.... ..... I ..... can't........brain..... a......m..age... Oh... no.. I-..."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"So?" the man asked out of the blue, casually slipping out a stool from behind to rest on.

"So what?" Chanyeol peered, still suspicious of his so-called saviour

"Now that I explained everything to you, you tell me."

"Tell you what?"

"Why did you join that damn club?"

"I- uh..."

"Hm?" he whistled, clearly amused of Chanyeol's sudden anxiousness.

"...don't wanna talk about it."

"Huh? What was that?"

"I said-"

"I know, but just tell me." the other boy said with a menacing scowl, annoyed at his useless bickering.

"F-fine." Chanyeol cowered, lowering his inaudible growl before adjusting his throat's capacity.

"Soo.... whose the lucky... guy?"

"Wha- what!?"

"Come on, it's pretty damn obvious if you tell me."

"I thought you were supposed to be the typical cold guy?"

"Shh! Jeez, what's wrong with knowing some juicy topics once in a while, you know?"

"Okay - okay! Well... let's just say this guy persistantly asked me to join the club so I ticked and just did it."

"You are not telling me the full story man. I saw you-"

"Shh shh!"

"...ho? Admit it! You were jealous."

"Huh?! Jealous? Who, me? Wh- why would I be?"

"I saw you staring at these two guys being all close before, you know, breaking that - uh - cup?"

"W-Wait. You were watching u-"

"That's not the point, the point is that you are jealous and need to step up you-"

 

Riiiiiiiing!

 

"! That's the bell! I outta go now."

"Huh? But I thought you are a delinquent?"

"Ha ha, how funny. You know I'm not really one."

"Oh did I?"

"Stop playing around, brother dearest."

"Gross, don't call me that. It's not funny when you say that, Kris-ge."

"How many times do I have to tell you to stop calling me that? You make me talk too much for my liking, Chanyeol."

"But I thought you love me?"

"Shut up, I already left the damn family."

"But you still love me."

"That's gross.... but I guess I still like you."

"But no homo."

"No ."

 

 

 

Chanyeol and the other student soon went their own ways, unaware of the frantic steps the short male made while carrying the unconscience 'Princess Peach' to the safety outside the school.

 

 


A/N: Sorry I haven't updated this story in a long while, but I'm finishing this up 5 am - staying up all night - for this, so don't fret! I'm not good at suspence, shiet. *facepalm*

I swear I'll update my stories more frequently in the future, so please be patient with me. I love you guys, and see you in the next update. Bye!

 

-theauthorkuduo