Chapter One

Do You Hate Me?

"Okay guys, there is a new transfer student that's going to be in your class. Come in, introduce yourself." The teacher gestered towards the door, a tall boy following the direction of his hands. He walks in front of the teacher's desk, bowing down in front of the class. "Hello, my name is Huang Zitao, but you can call me Tao. Please take good care of me," he says while bowing a second time with a huge smile on his face. He was very tense, nervous if his introduction was okay. The teacher coughed to get everyone's attention, mentioning that Zitao is Chinese, so they should help show him around the ropes. One student raises his hand, "I can help." Most of the students seem slightly surprised, mainly the girls. "Thank you, Jongin. That is greatly appreciated. Um... Tao? Can you sit over next to Jongin in that empty seat over there?" The tall, black haired boy nods, walking over to the tanner boy's desk, only to shift into the one next to him. Jongin glances over Tao, whispering a 'hi' to get his attention. Tao blushes and says 'hello' back, whispering, "Thank you, Jongin-nim." Jongin widens his eyes, his stomach unusually fluttering. The teacher continues back to his lessons, Tao extremely focused so he doesn't have to study later on because of missing out. Jongin scoots in his desk, connecting the two tables. Tao, surprised, looks at Jongin, who just smiles in return. "I'll help you," he whispers making the taller one smile back at him. The darker boy blushes a bit, noticing how cute and handsome the transfer student really is. Cute panda-like eyebags, feline eyes, pink cheeks, and kissable bow-like lips. Jongin snaps back into reality when the teacher throws a piece of chalk on his head.

 

"Hey, you can help Mr. Huang over there but at least pay attention to the lesson." The class giggles, including Tao, making the darker skinned boy's heart leap out of his chest. Tao on the otherhand glances over to the window, noticing a taller pale boy sitting next to him as well. Tao pokes Jongin, grabbing his attention. He then points towards the pale boy's direction, asking the dark one who he is. "Oh, the happy virus? That's Park Chanyeol. Why?" he answers quietly, getting a 'just curious' from Tao. The class returns to the lesson, some students sighing in the process with a couple whines as well.

 

Riiiiing!

 

"Oh, I guess class is over. You guys can head off to lunch now." The noise volume increases, students crowding around Tao and Jongin's seat, mainly girls though. "Tao, you're pretty cute. Wanna hang out some time?" "Jooongin~ Give us some lovin' too~" "Aw, you look like a panda. So we can call you Tao?" Tao finally speaks out, saying people back at his hometown called him Kungfu Panda, but he prefered The Romantic Panda. "Oh? So can you do like martial arts?" "Yes, I can do wushu. I've been practicing for years." "Really? Can you show it to us?" "Mm... later." "Stingy!" The girls laugh while Tao giggles, bringing Jongin's attention back to the tall boy. "You can call me Kai, by the way," he whispers into Tao's ears. "O-Okay," Tao smiles with his cheeks turning a couple shades pinker. All of a sudden, Tao jumps out of his seat, saying "Shoot, I forgot" before running out of the classroom.

 

Tao runs through the halls and into the courtyard. He notices a short male brunnete, and rushes over to his side. "XIUMIN-GEGE~ I'm here!" The short man turns his head, smiling at the blonde one's frantic waving. "I got you lunch for you, Taozi." "S-Sorry, I took so l-long. A l-lot of *hah hah* classmates w-were *hah hah* asking questions." Tao said, trying to catch his breath. The older one pats his back, "It that we aren't in the same class, Taozi, but that's because I'm a senior. It can't be helped. So? Did you make any friends?" Tao smiles, excitedly telling him about the nice classmate that helped him out. Xiumin was happy, but he was not exactly pleased, wishing that he was younger so he can be the one to show him the ropes. "So what is the guy's name?" "His name is Jongin, but he said to call him Kai." Xiumin frowned after hearing the name 'Kai' who was known to give his special nickname out to people who intriged him. Xiumin slides his arm over the younger one's shoulder, patting him on the back. "You can always talk to me when you're troubled. If anything bad happen, call me. Even though you know wushu, you never tried it out on another person, had you? I'll come whip their for you, Taozi." Tao giggles in response, which was music to Xiumin's ears. The older one wraps both of his arms around the younger, squeezing him tighter. Tao hugs him back, earning a kiss on the forehead. "Thanks for always looking out for me, Xiumin-gege." "It's because you always got bullied when you were younger." Tao pouts, getting an 'aw' from Xiumin. Tao then smiles at the older childhood friend's reaction, giving him a big smile. "But you'll always be there to protect me, so I got noo-oothing to worry about," Tao giggles. "You are like my knight in shing armor!" Xiumin blushes, then smirks, "Oh? I'm not your prince?" Tao blushes and giggles again, "Maybe." Xiumin widens his eyes, his heart racing faster.

 

"Taozi, if there is any witch, big bad wolf, or even a giant beanstalk in your way, I'll cut them down for you. You are my princess in my fairytail." Tao widens his eyes, his face blushing madly. "I-I-It's like we are lovers Xiumin-gege! People will get the wrong idea!" Xiumin chuckles, realizing they do sound like lovers who are stating their vows to each other. "We are best friends, Taozi. But who knows? My rank from being childhood best friend might rise." Xiumin smirks, earning a shy Taozi in response. Tao mumbles a 'maybe' sending Xiumin's heart in cloud nine. It was a sign that Xiumin at least had a chance on the "romantic"--more like innocent-- kungfu panda. "Now let's hurry up and eat our lunch, Taozi. Before it gets cold!" The blonde scoots next to the brunnete on the bench, devouring their lunch. "DELICOUS! This school's lunch is better then the one back at China!" Tao hastens his eating spree, the older one chuckling at happy maknae. "Wow! This pudding is sooo good!" Xiumin, barely touching his dessert, gets his pudding stolen by Tao. "H-HEY! That's mine, Taozi! I already put a lot of desserts on your plate! Don't go stealing mine!" Xiumin puffs his cheeks, leaving Tao feeling guilty. "F-Fine, let's share this one." Tao brightens, making Xiumin forget his worries. "If you stop stealing my food, we can go out to eat at a dessert shop, okay?" Tao jumps up, squealing in excitement. Cute, Xiumin thought before finihing his last bite of pudding.

 

When they finished their lunch, they headed off to the trash. Tao perks up, noticing the taller pale boy before in class. "What is it, Taozi?" "N-Nothing." Tao quickly dumps his trash, rushing off to the familiar boy. "H-Hey! Taozi?" Xiumin follows after the curious blonde, wondering what's gotten into him. Tao finally approachs the boy, coughing to get his attention. "Do you remeber me? I'm the transfer student. What's your name?" The other boy straightened his back, surprising Tao by his slightly taller height. "..." The boy just stares at Tao, puzzled by the blonde's sudden greeting. Xiumin finally catches up, asking Tao what's the fuss.

 

The boy finally speaks up, mumbling his answer. Tao raises his hand around his ear, implying he didn't hear him. Pissed a bit, the boy answers louder and harsher, "Park Chanyeol." Tao, startled but happy, smiles back at him, making Chanyeol give him 'what the hell' face. Xiumin, pissed, drags Tao away, annoyed by the other boy's rude behavior. Tao was quite the opposite, extremely happy that the boy responded. He watches the large eared giant walk away, meeting up with one of his friends. Tao pouts a bit to the thought that Chanyeol wasn't really interested in befriending him. "Taozi..." Tao perks up by his friend's sad whine. "What's wrong, Xiu-gege?" "...I don't like him," Xiumin pouts in frustration. "He was being rude to someone he just met, you! I don't like him one bit...." Tao pats the older one's head, giving a sweet, yet sad smile. "It's okay. I'll make sure he opens up to me!" Tao says with determination, clenching his fist up. The older one sighs, dragging the younger one around the halls, giving him a tour around their school, SM High.

 

Two other boys approach Tao and Xiumin, but it seems Xiumin knows them. "Hey, Xiumin-gege, do you know where Luhan went? I'm pretty sure he came screaming down these halls." "Nope. Haven't seen him, but do you want us to help?" "Sure! That'd be great!" The dark brown haired one turns to Tao, who was hiding behind Xiumin, wondering who they were. "Whose that, Xiumin?" The light brown haired one asked, tilting his head to get a better view of the shy tall boy. "Hey Tao, can you introduce yourself?" Xiumin whispered into the younger's ear. Tao stands back up straight, still behind Xiumin. "I'm Tao, Xiu-gege's childhood friend. Nice to meet you." Tao smiles softly, waving his hand slightly. "Xiumin! You didn't tell me you had a childhood friend!" Whined the lighter haired one. "Just introduce yourself already!" "Oh, my name is Zhang Yixing and the other guy is Kim Joomyeon," explained the lighter haired one. "So you are Chinese too, I assume?" asked Yixing. Tao nodded his head in agreement, curious to know more about Xiumin's friends. "Oh, but you can call me Lay instead." Kim Joomyeon cleared his throat, trying to win their attention. "Eh hem. This guy didn't let me ay anything at all, but you can call me Suho." He smiled sweetly, reminding Tao of a mother. Faint screaming is heard around the corner, making the two older ones bolt to the direction. "Dammit! That must be Luhan! See you guys later!" Lay ran towards the East hall, Suho following back to him. Xiumin and Tao watch the two run after the screaming, Xiumin chuckling and Tao giggling. "Do you want to practice your wushu? We can go to the gym." Tao nodded his head eagerly, following the older one.

 

They finally arrived at their destination, walking into the gym. "Did you bring your wushu stick?" "No, I left it in the classroom. It's in my bag. Want me to get it?" "Nah, we don't have to use it." Xiumin gets into his fighting stance, reminding Tao to go into his. Xiumin smirks, "Let's spar." Tao nods his head, ready into action. A crowd forms around them, curious of what they are about to do. Tao kicks Xiumin with his right leg, missing when Xiumin slides to the side, using his fist to attack Tao's chest. The younger one blocks it with both arms, using his legs the kick away the older one, who jumps back. Tao swings his leg, managing to land a blow on Xiumin's shoulder. The shorter one smirks, grabbing onto the taller one's long leg, swinging him down to the ground. Tao soften the blow, pushing his hands down to the ground, leaping back into action. He then jumps, mid kicking the older hyung. Xiumin ducks, rolling over to the side. He sneaks behind the naive younger one, latching onto him, carrying up high. "Kyaa," Tao screams as he is suddenly lifted into the air, embarrassed by his carelessness. "You need a lot more to learn, though you are getting better. I'm getting pretty rusty." Xiumin sets Tao back down, who lightly karate chops him on the shoulder. Tao pouts, "I was just getting started," mumbling to the older one, who begins to laugh. All of a sudden, an older male grabs Tao on the shoulder, widening his eyes in excitement. Tao stares blankly at the owl-like boy, confused. "Y-You guys! Can you two join the disciplinary club? We need strong guys like you to help keep the delinquents in check!" Tao tilts his head to the side, still confused. Xiumin takes the guy's hand off Tao and walks in front of the maknae. "What's your name?" "My name is Kyungsoo, the captain of the discinplinary club. I have only one other member, but we need at least four in total to make it official. Can you guys join?" Kyungsoo stares at the two, pleading him with his eyes. Before Xiumin can say anything, Tao speaks up. "Sure, if you don't mind." Kyungsoo smiles cheering by pumping his fist.

 

"Okay, I'll show you guys to our clubroom!" They follow the excited short captain, Tao being curious of what a disciplinary club even does. "Okay, we are here." They step inside, surprised by how clean and neat the room is. They glance their eyes to a certain table, creating eye contact with a boy sitting near the table. "This is Sehun. Although he is not as strong as you two, he made this club with me, so he's Vice-Captain." Sehun greeted the dumfounded two, gestering them to come closer. "What are your guys' names and how old are you, like freshman, sophomore, yata yata, etc." "Oh, I'm Huang Zitao, a transfer student, and a freshman." Tao bowed to his "senior" looking back up at the silver haired boy. The boy stared at Tao, mumbling, "Dang, you are tall. Even though you are about the same age as me..." Sehun turned his back to Xiumin, who greeted himself. Looking pleased, Sehun takes out his club notebook, writing the twos' names. "Hey D.O, did you mention what's our club's offical name?" Kyungsoo turns his head around, nodding his head in disapproval. Sehun sighs, "As you see, we are the disciplinary club, but we go by the name EXO. We are currently searching for member, twelve in total would be ideal. Right now, I already have one guy on my track, but can you guys rake in anybody who'd want to join. If they are strong... pull them in by force." Sehun chuckles a demure laughter, then gives an evil grin to Xiumin. "Since you've been here longer than that guy, I bet you can force some of your preferably strong friends to join? Please do so." Xiumin and Tao look at each other, wondering what they got themselves into. Then, a picture of Chanyeol and Kai flashes into Tao's mind, recalling what Sehun just said earlier. "I-I think there are two guys that I can make join." Sehun quickly turns his head towards Tao, eagarly asking him who. "Um... Park Chanyeol and Ka- I mean- Jongin." "Perfect," Sehun chuckles, making the two wonder whose really the captain. They look back at Kyungsoo, who just smiles back at them. Then they turn back at Sehun, who has a... different kind of smile on him. Kyungsoo clears his throat, reminding the two that they can call him Captain or D.O. Xiumin and Tao nod their heads as they leave the clubroom.

 

"Okay, I'm going to make Lay and Suho join, while you make Kai and Chan-what's-his-face join. I don't want to make him angry, so see you later, Tao." Xiumin waves his hands as he runs around, looking for the two. Tao sighs, wondering how to make a guys who ignores him look towards his way. "I guess I have to be persistent," Tao mutters, excitedly heading off to class where he last saw Kai. Until he bumps into a tall guy he never seen before...


A/N: I hope you like this chapter guys! I'm not very good at writing, but I know what makes me curious to read. To be honest, the disciplinary club was a last minute idea I thought of when I was thinking about what EXO should be in a high school. Since Tao and Xiumin are pretty damn strong, they should join a club that utilizes their strength, hence the DISCINPLINARY CLUB (a.k.a. EXO). They will all join either way, but all in a different way. lol