01.23.12 pt 3

We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2012

-Hyunmi's POV-

I was outside of the restaurant waiting for a cab to pull up, but they were all passing by me. Just great.

Suddenly, someone's face popped up in front of my view and said, "Boo."

I jumped back in surprise before getting a better look at who it was.

"Oh, Niel-ah, you scared me!"

He laughed softly at my reaction.

"Sorry, you looked kind of upset when you were walking out. I wanted to cheer you up!"

"Thanks, but I really want to be left alone right now."

It turned silent so I decided to continue looking for a cab before Niel interlaced our fingers and began running away.

"Y-yah! What are you doing?!"

"I know you want to be alone, but I just can't seem to do that!"

I laughed softly at his response. I'm glad we became close now.

We stopped running once we reached the front of an ice cream shop

"Ice cream makes everything better, right?", Niel said with a huge grin on his face.

I returned the smile, "Well, you aren't wrong. And since you were the one who dragged me here, it's your treat."

I playfully stuck out my tongue and ran inside before he can say anything back. I looked at all the ice cream flavors and was trying to decide which one I was going to order. There's so many to choose from, though. Niel came up from behind me and joined at looking at the ice cream flavors.

"I think I'm gonna get chocolate chip mint! How about you Niel?"

"I'll have chocolate."

After ordering our ice cream, we sat down at a table near the window.

"So, do you want to talk about what happened back at the restaurant?"

I was really hoping he wouldn't bring this up. I thought he wanted to make me feel better.

"Oh...that. It's nothing, really."

I tried avoiding eye contact with him by looking out the window and my ice cream.

"Hyunmi-ah, I know."

My eyebrows furrowed together and I was confused.

"Know what?"

"About you and Byunghun. He told us."

Wait, they all knew this whole time, but still ended up inviting me to dinner??

"You guys fought, didn't you?"

"Well, it wasn't really a fight, I just got angry. I don't know why. I should've expected him to be so cold to me since we broke up."

Niel looked at me slightly confused before asking me, "Wait, why do you seem sad by all of this, if you are the one who broke up with him?"

Okay, I was not expecting that kind of question.

"Um..., there is a reason why I ended things between us. But I don't think I'm ready to share that reason yet."

"I see...Well, don't get too upset, noona. Hyung is usually like that."

"Thanks Niel."

We sat there talking and eating for a couple of more hours. Niel did just as he said he would. He cheered me up. After our little talk, we had normal conver

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter