Chapter Eight: Undetermined

Exo Tao: The Panda-boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Sorry guys, but I added in a tag without warning.

 

 

"Hey Lay, did you fin-"

Chen walked into the bedroom, surprised to see a passed out Lay on Tao's mattress. He swore Tao was still here, but why is Lay taking his place on the bed. Chen approached the hyung, slapping him gently on the face a couple times. The other groaned, flipping over to the side for a more comfortable position. Annoyed, Chen blew into his ear then shouted, "WAKE UP!" whispering, "hyung" right after.

The said person jumped up with widened eyes, swinging his head around frantically.

"W-W-What happened," He stuttered, more of a statement rather than a question. Chen shrugged, curving a brow in suspicion.

"That's what I want to know, hyung. I came here to check up on you, but you just sleeping! W-What did you even come here for?"

Lay's face paled afterwords, wondering if what he saw was a mere fragment of his wild imagination while dozing away to the slight tremors the beagle line creates. But the almost-dried-away tear stains on the covers said otherwise.

"W-Where's Tao-ya?"

"Hm? I thought he was with you? Sooo, how wa-"

Lay ran past Chen midsentence, leaving the younger man dazed at the commotion. He sped out the front door, dragging everyone's concern with him. Suho was shocked, worried what have gotten to them, only to remember that a member can't travel out of the dorms alone. Chen followed soon after Lay, grabbing his wallet--just in case--and jacket along with.

The members were confused as to why they ran out, especially the worried Suho.

"Should we run after them?!" Suho raised his voice, pacing back and forth to as what he must do. Xiumin, as a responsible hyung, suggested he'll come after them but the rest should stay put. Although Suho was concerned and raving to come along, he held his bark down to supervise the now panicking members. The sound of hasty footsteps were soon silenced after a large slam of the door.

 

 

 

 

 

"Lay! LAY! What is it? What's gotten into you?!" Chen heaved, finally catching up to the hyung. Lay was distressed, fidgeting, and pale of fear of what might come next.

"Tao-ya..." he muttered under a quick breath, but Chen was still confused.

"Huh?"

"Tao-ya!" Lay shouted, returning to his mindless chase. Chen was still in a doubt but that single name kept him thinking.

"Where was Tao... Lay asleep.... Panicking Lay.... Tao.... Lay... What does th-" he asked himself quietly as he chase after Lay, who stopped in his tracks at an all too familiar area: the ocean shore.

There he was, Tao crouching down dangerously close to the waves, but still on land. Lay immediately ran after towards the maknae, picking him up to see what was the matter.

"Tao! W-Where have you been? Wha-" his questions ceased its rambling with a single drop of salty tears falling on his cheek. Tao grimaced, shutting his eyes tightly while being dangled in the air by the hyung.

"What should I do, Lay-hyung? I-I don't even know anymore, and I feel as though my heart is being crushed..." he whined, wrapping his long arms around Lay in hopes for warmth and comfort. Lay copied his movements, pulling Tao closer in to shield him from the cold breezes gusting their way. Chen paced up closer to the two, panting for air before looking back up at the sight.

"What the is going on?" Chen asked, more to himself than to the cuddling duo.

 

"I-I don't know Chen, Tao. But I-I think I will if you would tell me what is the matter. Why... What happened? Not only to us but what happened to you?"

 

Chen ruffled his hair in frustration, pushing the two apart, unable to bare the sight. Lay propped Tao back onto the sandy beach, wiping away his visible tears.

"Lay..." Tao whined, staring at the hyung in doubt. He was more concerned to if he... will be able to be loved, even after knowing. A secret kept to himself, but a memory shared with another. Lay seemed determined to choke out the words from Tao's mouth, but a bit too shy to even do it. Ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter