Komorebi Part 2

P S Y C H O S H O T S
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Additional Character: Kawashima Umika as Rosie   _______________________________________________________________________________________________________  

 

It has been a long time that he meddle on someone's life. Or did he never ever meddle on anyone's life before. But CorpseGirl is a different case. He is more than interested of it, he is into it like how he's into video games. 

 

As CodeBreaker93 tries to track down CorpseGirl's whereabouts, a message popped into his computer monitor. 

 

Geek-sama: Takahiro's photo sent.

 

He read and glimpsed at his printer for an instant release of Takahiro's identity. He slides his chair to get his prints out. And when his olive eyes hit the image, Ryosuke's flesh throbs in tension as Takahiro's familiarity unfolds in his forcefully-clogged memories.

 

Almost jumping his heart out, he scribbles on his computer again. Accessing her again.

 

Her face was now on his computer monitor in her unknown. She was in front of her computer but her eyes was blankly staring at the wall against the computer's whereabouts.

 

Ryosuke clenched his fist in a ball letting out lazy veins pop under his skin. His eyes behind those thick glasses created recognized humids of bad yesterdays as he stared at the worst present and the unknown future.

 

His lips shakes in pain and anger as she stared at her image.

 

Disguising a frown when he looked down and forgotten tears fell on the damn photoscan of Takahiro's fake I.D. "M-Mika." And that name slip from his dried mouth.     Mika was that six year old girl who used to sat next to him in the dining table. The same girl who talks about fairies and ponies and rainbows and he never cares to listen. She was the girl who calls out his name over and over again when everybody was dying in front of their faces. She was the same girl who clenched on his shirt and hides behind him for protection when that crazy man stabs his older brother seven times.

 

She was the same girl he failed to protect.

 

"Ryosuke!!!" Her voice in his head and her sight in his memories when big arms caught her and ran her out of the blood-stained door.

 

His younger sister, Mika was abducted by their own father that day.  

 

He sniffed and gulped, wiped out the pathetic tears from his eyes. His hands tried to reach on his keyboard and he had to clench them as he found them shaking. But staring back at CorpseGirl kills him so much that he randomly pushed clicks on the mouse only to shut everything down.

 

He tried to cancel the shutting of the system but it can't be helped, he is still shaking. "Fck!" He threw curses in the air as he grabs on his long bangs  squeezed his forehead. Taking a deep breath, he was able to calm himself when he nibbles on his thumb for a brief second before his fingers reached to crumple Takahiro's photo.

 

  His telephone rang.

 

He took it, not saying anything as he waited for the caller to talk.

 

"Masuda Takahiro, 51 years of age. A technician. " Geek-sama's voice on the line. "He has been using the same first name for twelve years now but different last names. The firsts names he used was Shinomiya Takahiro and Hanaoka Takahiro."

 

Sliding his chair on the second monitor, Ryosuke took  good look at the images in his computer as he listens to Geek-sama.

 

"His real name is Yamada Akihito. The murderer behind twelve years ago's Yamada Murder Case. Killing Yamada Kanae, his wife."

 

Ryosuke's eyes landed on the first photo in the monitor. A lovely lady with long braided hair, a pair of olive eyes and the moles in her cheek which his father like so much.

 

"Yamada Reina, his mother." Geek-sama continued. "Yamada Kousuke, the eldest son."

 

Ryosuke looks at fourteen year old Kousuke. His eyes slides at another two photos in the lower end.

 

"Yamada Mika, the youngest was still missing." Geek-sama added. "And...Yamada Ryosuke is alive after surviving from multiple stabs and leg amputation."

 

Ryosuke glared at his own photo. His eyes drop down to his lap, reminding himself that behind those worn out jeans where metal braces of fake legs lies.

 

 A sigh from the other line. Having no mere knowledge of CodeBreaker93's past, he was surprised that the favor the latter asked him will lead him to knowing Ryosuke's story. "Sorry."

 

"Things that had happened sometimes needs to be reminded...though I never really forgotten." Was his answer when he leaned back on his chair and stared at the aged wheelchair at the end of his room. The same wheelchair he had before he can afford those pathetically expensive metal legs.

 

Geek-sama nodded behind the telephone.

 

"Now..." Ryosuke bats his eyes. "...would you help me resque my little sister?"       *****

 

  I am alive. Day 4,576.   I almost lose track of the days. Things are boggling my mind and I don't know where to start. I can remember how many days was I been in here but I don't even know why I'm here.   I hate myself because I can't remember anything. All I can remember is the pony-print in my pink shirt I wore that day.   Hearing Rosie's trantrums, CorpseGirl  

 

  Ryosuke reads her entry. "Pony-print..." His eyes widened.  

 

    "Kousuke-nii?" Mika rubbed her eyes from a short afternoon nap, calling on her brother who was face-down on the floor, both hands flapped open on both sides. And blood pooled around him. "Papa?" Her eyes shifted on someone sitting on the floor, crossed-legs, looking down at Kousuke.

 

Yamada Akihito was holding a blooded knife in his hand and Mika finally felt the necessity to be scared of her own father.

 

Like Mika, Ryosuke was standing right before her, shaking as he witnessed Kousuke's death before his eyes. 

 

The girl stood and hold unto her eight year old brother. "Ryosuke, what's goin' on?" With her little voice she asked. But he can't get his tongue. COmpletely frozen at the moment that he can't even felt Mika's grips on him. "R-Ryosuke?"

 

Akihito slowly stands from sitting. With his hair covering portions of his eyes, he looked dreadfully scary. He tucked the knife's handle in between his fingers.

 

"Ryosuke! Papa is..." Mika's hold on Ryosuke's shirt was tigher this time.

 

As Akihito gets closer to the two kids, Ryosuke slowly removes Mika's hands on him. "M-Mika...h-hide." It was a whisper.

 

"E-Eh?"

 

"Just hide! Go and hide!" He shouted and Mika's small feet runs with hesitation as she leaves her brother to face their father alone.

 

She ran outside the room and hid under the dining table. Total fear enveloped her innocence. She moved further and further as she crawled when suddenly she hit on something hard. She almost faint with the odor of metal and musk but she almost die upon seeing what was it--her mother's blooded corpse.

 

Not too far was her grandma. Her face was unrecognizable under thick blood oozing from her hammered head.

 

She gasped again upon hearing Ryosuke's shouts from the room.

 

Akihito stabbed the little boy in his shoulder wing, he growls in pain. "Mikaaaa!!! Ruuuuun!!! Get out of heeeere!!!" The eight year old boy was able to shout. Akihito was annoyed. He started stabbing him again and again and again.

 

Mika can hear it clearly but her feet seemed to stuck. Never did a word registered in her. All she knows is...she's scared. Too scared.

 

"M-Mikaaaa--!!!" Blood oozed out from Ryosuke's mouth when he got another pierce in the back and he growl more when his father stepped on his feet and stabbed his knees.

 

Akihito's face conceived no feeling at all. He was repeatingly stabbing on the boy's knees until cartillages gave in.

 

Ryosuke's breathing becomes heavier and faster. He already knows that he is dying. The door of the room was open and from his half opened-dying eyes, he can see Mika crying, standing in front of him.

 

 Damn! I told you to run away!

 

If he can only mouth some words.

 

Akihito walked over him and Ryosuke saw how Akihito took Mika. Carrying her in his arms, letting blood stained on her favorite shirt--a pink one with pony-print.  

 

 

 

He catches for fcking free air.

 

Ryosuke grabs his forehead. Running down his hand to reach on his thick glasses and harshly remove them away from his eyes. Throwing them on the ground.

 

He shouldn't be that affected about that freakin' past. He conducted multiple therapies just to free himself from trauma. But what the fudging hell is this!!!???

 

He can throw punches of curses inside his brain but he has to admit, that reminiscence is effective.

 

"CorpseGirl is Mika?"    

 

*****

 

  Mirai sneaked on the attick. Everyday there's always sounds coming from the attick but she never had the guts to climb up and check. She knows what's in there. Rosie was there. Been there. 

 

Takahiro said Rosie is dangerous that is the reason why he kept her chained in the attick. 

 

Takahiro and Rosie's arguments were always gibberish to her from downstairs but now that he is few steps behind the attick's door, she can clearly hear her voice.

 

She was begging Takahiro to free her. Repeating the same plea. 

 

Mirai can't remember the last time she herself plead Takahiro to release her. She just stopped. She can't remember anything anyway except that time she was placed inside Takahiro's car

 

"You can't." Takahiro's gentle voice said. "Rosie will always stay with me."

 

"No!" Rosie shouted. "I'm not Rosie!"

 

I'm not Mirai either. Mirai thought.

 

Takahiro has been calling us with with these petnames all this time. But unlike her, Rosie might know her own name, her own family and herself as an entirety. 

 

"You are Rosie." Takahiro said. "You are my Rosie."

 

Mirai can hear Rosie's cries. "I am not her! Rosie is long dead! You killed her, you remember?!"

 

Mirai squeezed her eyes when she heard the sound of a slap and Rosie stumbled fell down on the wooden floor and chained echoed with her heavy pants.

 

"It wasn't me!" Takahiro hysterically said. "It wasn't me! It was not...! I would never do that to Rosie!" Takahiro sweats and his eyeballs shakes. "It was Takahiro! Takahiro!!!"

 

Mirai was confused. 

 

Is Rosie another person? Then who is she? And who is Takahiro? Fcking questions giving her headache.

 

She can hear Takahiro's slow and heavy footsteps getting closer to the door. Like a light feather blown by the wind, she immediately made her way down to the stairs without making a sound yet her heart pounds so much as she wiped sweat from her forehead.

 

She hides when Takahiro was already downstairs. 

 

"Mirai-chan?" He called her and she catches for air.

 

"Y-Yes." She grabs an empty mug from the table and pretended she was from the kitchen.

 

"I'll be going to work now." He smiled at him. "Take care and as always ignore Rosie's complaints and don't ever come near her, okay?"

 

As Mirai nodded,Takahiro left the house. Locking her inside like always.

 

Running immediately on her computer, she found a message from CodeBreaker93.

 

  CodeBreaker93: Turn on your mic.  

 

She hurriedly gets her headphones on and typed It's on.

 

  Hearing a cracking sound, she knows it's his voice's queue.

 

"Can you hear me?" His voice on each ear piece.

 

"Yes." She answered. 

 

He was quiet for awhile as he listens to her pants. "What happened?"

 

"He just left."

 

"Did he hurt you!?" His voice went high in worry. He wasn't such a protective brother to Mika back then.

 

"No. But...I have to tell you something." Mirai gulped.

 

There was a frown in Ryosuke's face. "What?"

 

"There is another girl in this house."

 

"Huh?" Ryosuke leaned closer to the monitor where he secretly looks at Mirai through her camera.

 

"There is someone Takahiro calls Rosie." She answered almost whispering.

 

"Rosie?" 

 

  *****  

 

"There was no Rosie who is personally connected Takahiro." Geek-sama reported through phone call.

 

"Are you sure?" Ryosuke sighed.

 

"Now look...Rosie can either be a foreigner or just a petname." 

 

Ryosuke's eyes narrowed. "Of course it is a petname... but to who?"

 

Geek-sama shrugged. "I also tried checking if there was a girl who was reportedly missing around those times when Mika was kidnapped but there is none."

 

There was a brief silence when Geek-sama continued. "I wonder why he kidnapped Rosie together with Mika."

 

Ryosuke sighed. 

 

"Maybe your father is a pedo, is he?" Geek-sama said in amusement.

 

"He is not my father! He is a ruthless killer who deserves to die!"

 

The other guy raised a hand before his phone. "Fine, fine! Sorry, okay."

 

"Investigate further! You can only call me if you have something worthy to tell!" Ryosuke immediately shut his phone.

 

  *****

 

  I wanna know what Rosie looks like.

 

Mirai sneaked to the attick again. Slow steps. She froze when the wooden floor creaked. She looks around. 

 

Takahiro is out for work so there's no way he would appear instantly in front of her.

 

Gulping as she held on the door of the attick, she slowly pick a look at the inside.

 

Rosie was sitting on the floor, both ankles in chain and her long hair scattered on each side of her face. She looks thin and messed up with her old pink dress with small blood stains on it.

 

Mirai gasped when Rosie moved his face to look at the door where she was standing behind.

 

"Don't be afraid." Rosie said.

 

"I..." She gulped.  "... am not." Mirai lied.

 

"Come in." Rosie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter