Namidairo Part 2

P S Y C H O S H O T S
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dr. Yamaa confirmed that Suzuka was still in traumatic state. Who would not be? For seven years of living with cuts and sews—with physical pain, would she not be?

She would be looking at nowhere, as if beyond the boundaries of the world was another abyss of darkness, and her eyes are trying to find the particles of light to show her that the world has visionary ending.

She refuse to eat, the dextrose was her only food.

The investigation team was still investigating about the fire incident of Kimura Satoshi Hospital and can’t even get even a single information from the only living witness.

 

Yuto Sawada—as proclaimed the only person connected to Suzuka, was the only one allowed to take care of her. She would be sleeping and Yuto would look at her as if anytime, she’ll disappear and need a complete 360 degree attention.

“Who really is her to you, senpai?” Kento suddenly blurted out, noticing that his senpai was expressing too much care for the girl.

“What?”

“She could have been an ex-lover or something.” Kento grinned, creating a smirk in his face. “I knew it! You’re into her. Aahhh~ senpai is—Wait where are you going?”

He was cut seeing Yuto leaving the room. “Have no time for your crazy antics. Don’t leave her alone here or I’ll beat you.” He gave a final warning, pointing at Kento then left the room.

“See that. He cares too much.” Kento just tilt his head and gave a shrug.

 

*****

 

He sat on the bench outside the hospital. The weather was bright, he never thought so, realizing he had been spending too much time inside Suzuka’s ward to not see that it’s already autumn. Thanks to Kento who just pissed him off and now he had been out.

Looking at the sky and admiring the falling leaves only to feel nostalgic at that.

Pictures started to scatter in his memory and he saw a younger version of himself looking at the autumn leaves.

 

“Yuto, we have a new club member!” He saw a girl approaching his younger self.

“Really?” The boy replied.

She nodded. “He’s a guy with really thick eyeglasses. I heard a lot about him and he’s really cool, I think and smart too.”

“You’re appreciating him too much...I’m getting jealous.” The younger Yuto pouted and the girl chuckled.

“You know you’re cute when you sulk.” She pinched his nose.

 

The scattered pictures in his memory started shatter.

Yuto blinked when the bench move as a weight pushed it down. He looked at his left and there sat a guy with brown, long slick back hair.

“My name is Detective Kamenashi from the Metropolitan Police Daprtment.” The guy introduced himself.

“Ah. Yeah. I remember you.” He nodded politely at him.

The detective pulled out an envelope and handed it to Yuto.

“What is this?” He asked, eying the older guy.

“That contains Kondo Suzuka’s biography or perhaps...history.” looking back at Yuto, the detective said unhesitant.

Yuto flipped it open and saw Suzuka’s high school picture and under it is a class picture.

“You belong in the same class in high school.” It wasn’t a question but Yuto still nodded. “She was an orphan and your parents took her in.” It was straightforward that Yuto can only round his eyes and gulped looking at him.

“Your parents owned an apartment building and she stayed in one room, third floor. You dated her for two years. You had a club in high school which gained popularity because it dealt with Psychic abilities—bend forks, fly chairs, manipulate objects and even natural elements like fire through intent focus. The club consisted of Sawada Yuto, Kondo Suzuka, and Kamiki Ryunosuke also known as Kimura Satoshi.”

“Why are you saying all of these?” Yuto stood from the bench.

“Seven years ago, when you were in your senior year, the school you entered was burnt to ashes and the three of you were the primary suspects.” The detective continued. “But...not the three of you can do that. Only one has the ability...it’s Kondo Suzuka. With your parents’ consent, the authorities took Kondo Suzuka away until she was completely abandoned by your family and after Kimura Satoshi Hospital got her as an experiment.”

“Quiet! I don’t want to hear all of this nonsense.” Yuto angrily shouted at the detective.

“All of this makes sense, Sawada-san. You know that. Kondo Suzuka is a Psychokinetic and that is the reason why Kimura Satoshi Hospital took her for experiment. She was the one who set your school in fire and she also was the one who burnt Kimura Satoshi Hospital.”

The documentarist panted in anger. “She didn’t.”

“Don’t fool us both Sawada-san. That is also the reason why you didn’t disagree with your parents’ decision to abandon her, right? You know the truth behind Kondo Suzuka.”

Yuto clenched his fist.

“You can’t deny the fact that you abandoned her after the fire incident.” Kamenashi stood next to Yuto. “But before I present that at the court, I need to gather more evidences. And I promise you, I’ll make her admit those crimes.” And he left Yuto stunned.

 

*****

 

The thought of the detective stung like acid in Yuto’s skin. He gripped on the doorknob with a hint of annoyance and turned it slowly expecting to see the sleeping Suzuka inside. But she was awake. He stood near the door observing at Suzuka who’s sight pass him and through the wall.

Stuck on that scenario, a couple of seconds felt like forever. Not until Suzuka’s eyes pointed at him. His eyes widened and he felt a heavy palpitation. Suzuka’s eyes were alive now...alive and threateningly scary...no blinking, just kept on piercing Yuto.

The things in the room started to shake and the gravity failed. The chair fell down and the baskets of fruits hit the nearest wall and fell scattered on the ground, the book floated and the papers flying. Suzuka’s hair was winding, still her eyes on Yuto.

“Senpai!” Suddenly the door opened, revealing Kento and Dr. Yamaa. “What happened here?” He asked seeing the whole room in a mess as everything scattered in the floor. Suzuka was looking at no boundary again.

 

*****

 

Dr. Yamaa invited Yuto inside his office and Yuto immediately asked about Suzuka’s condition.

“What happened yeste

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter