Namidairo Part 1

P S Y C H O S H O T S
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(listening to Yui's Namidairo)

Warning: The following organizations and/or institutions are fictitious. Any of the same name or situations are purely coincidental only.

Characters: Nakajima Yuto as Sawada Yuto; Ohgo Suzuka as Kondo Suzuka; Kamenashi Kazuya as Detective Kamenashi; Yamaa Tomohisa as Dr. Yamaa; Kamiki Ryunosuke as Kamiki Ryunosuke or Kimura Satoshi; Nakajima Kento as Kento Hayami.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Yuto Sawada, documentarist at his late 20’s, coughed as he flipped another dusty folder from the old shelf. His dark hair bounced as he coughed with the back of his hand covering his mouth and the frown that was displayed in his handsome image proved his irritation.

“Honestly senpai, this is humiliating.” Kento Hayami, his assistant sighed and dropped on the couch next to the shelves.

The young documentarist glared at Kento before kicking the base of the couch making the younger guy jumped in his feet with a flash.

“Whow! I’m just telling the truth. We just asked for some basic information about their experiments and we end up digging all of these old files.” Kento held one folder with disgust. “Look at this. This looks older than my grandpa, seriously.”

Yuto sighed. “No one is asking about your thoughts Kento. Just be grateful they trust us and let us know more than what we wanted.”

Though undeniably, the documentarist also felt strange about how open the hospital is about its personal files, when the fact that the hospital is one of the most controversial hospitals in the country, but he just grabbed this opportunity to know more about the insides of the strange hospital that the country allowed to be operated for seven years now.

Kimura Satoshi Hospital was the first human-experiment centered hospital in Japan, and for Yuto Sawada who has been in the field of documentary reporting for five years, this has been his first time to be given a science-related project which involves human experiments. That gives him a chill—a mixture of thrill and excitement.

“Sawada-san?” The door opened revealing Dr. Kiryuu. The lady in her early 50’s grinned as she calls the attention of the young documentarist.

“Yes.” Yuto simply replied.

“Do you wish to see the patients?” She asked in enthusiasm, grateful to give the visitor a little tour. But for Yuto Sawada, this felt more strange. But he displayed a smile as he nodded to the doctor in big bulging eyeglasses in front of him.

 

*****

 

He his audio recording device and followed the lady doctor ahead of him.

Dr. Kiryuu talked about the hospital, the experiments, and Yuto, on the other hand, was left stunned seeing real human experiments as they walked in the middle of those rooms.

As if caged in glass rooms, the experiments can only turn only their heads, as they bodies were stiffly attached to wires connected to cylinder machines which gave the constant beeping sound in the hospital. Some of them were in big tubes, and submerged in a green formula that felt sticky and filthy.

Then there was a thin man, bald and weak. Wires are penetrated in all parts of his body and Yuto can see the chemical passing through those wires. The man’s veins would eventually move as the chemical landed his insides and all he can do is pant that his mouth uncontrollably dripped out saliva which Yuto is not sure whether due to pain or just because he was too weak to feel.

Yuto can’t look no more at the bald-thin man and instead land his sight on another glass room where a baby lies on the smaller aquarium-like glass and it was lying in a thick and white formula. The baby must be in its 4th month and with that situation, it should be impossible for it to live but the cylinder machines kept it alive.

Never-seen-before machines scattered in every glassed room.

“And this is the hospital’s collection.” Dr. Kiryuu stopped in a 20-meter glass shelf, opening her arms wide in a proud introduction.

Instead of being amazed, Yuto felt a push from his stomach, tightly holding on the urge to throw up as he saw clearly the things inside the containers in the shelves—they were human organs...various of them. Each floating on a substance Yuto don’t know what and wouldn’t want to know. He sure saw eyeballs, tongue, fingers, liver, heart, intestines, ears, eyeless head and more unrecognizable parts that what he wanted to do now was to spill out the gyoza he had for lunch, plus the foul odor from that unknown substance was attacking his senses.

“Oh, I’m sorry.” The doctor grinned in amusement as he saw the young documentarist’s disgusted look as she handed him a mask which he immediately pulled from the doctor’s hand and put on but the foul odor would eventually penetrate from it that he cursed under his breath.

The doctor started the tour again. “Let’s proceed, shall we Sawada-san?”

He nodded but his thoughts blurred and the urge to leave the place surrounds him, making him wonder how can the government authorize these activities?

They left the room and continued walking in the hallways and Yuto saw more patients still caged in glassed rooms.

“Surprise?” The doctor enthusiastically uttered.

“How long have they’ve been here?” He asked.

Dr. Kiryuu placed a hand under her chin to think. “Hmmm...Some are already here since the hospital was built seven years ago and most were later than that, others are new, probably months ago.”

Yuto looked intently as the patients—different ages, genders, some looked normal but most looked like sane people that the sight felt just like his documentary last year about rehab patients. “Are they all subject for experiment?”

“Yes.” Was the doctor’s unhesitant response. “That’s why they are here. To be studied—cut, remove, replace, attach, sew. Basically, that’s their lives here.” She quickly laughed. “I know you expected that. We’re not raising pets here. We’re discovering worthy learning for the future generations.”

Yuto gritted his teeth with the violence and cruelty of Kimura Satoshi Hospital. Why are they doing these? How could they deprive these people? A new single knowledge for tons of life? This is inhumane! This is beastly!

A long chuckle filled the place and Yuto can only look at Dr. Kiryuu next to her. “Don’t feel so bad for them. That’s their purpose in life. Their families and love ones also knew that. If not, why turn them over to us?”

“What do you mean?” Yuto asked in curiousity.

“The hospital bought them, though some were donated.”

“Donated?”

“Yes. You heard that right.” She snapped her fingers. “They’re orphans, abandons, loners, but...” She moved closer to Yuto. “...They’re no ordinary.”

Yuto’s eyes widened in curiosity.

“They are special...They’re chosen.” She chuckled again. “Isn’t that great! They’re special Sawada-san, so there is no need to be sorry for them coz this...” She opened her arms wide. “...is special treatment.”

Yuto looked at the patients. ‘Special, huh? Pathetic! What’s so special about these people? Their ability to endure pain? Their ability to endure knife cuts and injection?’

“Shall we continue?” Dr. Kiryuu smirked at the documentarist behind her.

 

*****

 

She stepped on a riser and the huge door in front of them split in half revealing nothing but the steel walls. Beneath the steel room was a long hallway and Yuto felt the eerie aura inside. He felt a bit of fear but it was curiosity that dominated.

Not so long, he saw glassed rooms again. But this time, they were empty except for one on the very end of that long hallway.

Swaying lifelessly in a high-legged hospital bed was a girl in a very long hair, but what is strange about her long hair was the fact that it grew in different lengths. The left side was longer than the right side and the back seemed cut carelessly. And that made Yuto believed that the girl must have experienced multiple head surgeries in different timeframe. Doctors need to shave the part of the head where the operation will take place and so her hair was in different lengths but the fact that it was long makes Yuto believe that they had stopped the head surgeries few years back then.

But he confirmed he was wrong when he saw a glimpse of her newly stitched forehead.

He can’t see her face though as shadows of her hair blocks her face, then there are chain sounds and that was only he noticed the chain wrapped on her ankles. There were dark lines on her ankles proving that she’s been chained for long.

Yuto pulled his mask off and tried to look at the girl closely. She was too thin that the space between her collars bone gave a whole as she breathe deeply and struggling.

He can’t help but stare at her with his brows meeting in confusion. Dr. Kiryuu was entertaining a call from her mobile phone and he was left there curious about the unfortunate girl on that isolated room.

The girl coughed with a struggle and took a deep breath, almost panting. Her head started to lift and Yuto waited for it, until he dropped the recording device he had on his hand. It made a sound as it hit the floor but Yuto can’t hear it as flashes of memories fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter