Komorebi Part 1

P S Y C H O S H O T S
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Characters: Yamada Ryosuke as CodeBreaker93                   Shida Mirai as CorpseGirl                   Tanaka Tetsushi as Takahiro                   Inoo Kei as Geek-sama               Warning: Pardon my mere knowledge about computers (internet, technology, etc)   _____________________________________________________________           I am alive. Day 4,562.   It's amazing how I kept track of the days.   Twelve years and almost five months.

 

I made him a cup of coffee. He threw it at me, boiling 78 degrees. Said it's too sweet. Yesterday, said it's too bitter. Four thousand five hundred sixty two days and I can't perfect his coffee. Another set of burns adding up to the number of bruises in the aching flesh of mine.    I wonder when will I die, CorpseGirl   *****   CodeBreaker93 as what he calls himself and what other internet citizens only knows, stretched on his chair, back slump at the soft surface. Yawning apathetically as he glimpsed at the wall clock on the left side of his rather large room.   2:56 in the morning and he has not taken a nap.   It's a norm for someone like him. It's a norm to be sleeping late, or not sleeping at all. It's a norm to be carrying layers of eyebags underneath their failing eyesight. And the soggy stressed face either caused by too much caffeine or too much radiation.

 

They call themselves Hikikomori. It is when a young person who is obsessed with TV, video games and the internet withdraws from the society. 

 

Locking himself in a room since he was eight, he is definitely withdrawn from the society, or not, massively from the world. Having to expose not in the world he once walked in and be someone people never thought who existed. 

 

Hiding in the codename he didn't thought of properly, CodeBreaker93 was nothing but a obsessive internet user who only meets people virtually. Have friends virtually. Creating a society, a big world inside the monitors which does nothing but excrete radiation in their un-virtual faces.

 

And like CodeBreaker93, all of them have their own stories. 

 

All their stories are worth listening for but not all are worth telling for.  

 

  I'm still alive. Day 4,563.   Still tracking of the days. Guess be tracking forever. He said I can eat two slices of meatloaf. He is in a good mood. And I get paid for that. If he's in a terrible one, I also get paid for that. He kept away the whip today and gave me a smile.  I read somewhere, smiles are heart-warming it said. I don't know. I don't know coz I don't know what other people's smiles are.   I'm not dying now, but maybe tomorrow, CorpseGirl  

 

  It's her 34th entry today. It's not like he is stalking her neither he is a fan of her blog. But CodeBreaker93 is undeniably interested in CorpseGirl, not in a romantic way nor in any other way he knows. 

 

All of these internet freaks like him are writing to shout at the world what they can't shout in isolation. And he is sure, CorpseGirl has a story he wanna know.

 

But before knowing her story, he might wanna be reminded of his own.

 

CodeBreaker93 born with olive eyes, dark hair, two moles in the neck, one in the chest, seven in his back (not that he knows that) who's been living alone for twelve years, had not stepped outside since then and got his random codename from accidentally breaking some mystery codes in a popular video game and favors 93 out of all numbers. He doesn't know why either.

 

And he is not good in giving names. He thought, if it is possible for him to marry, be a husband and soon a father, his future kids will curse their names. And he is happy he is not a family-person. So marrying is not an option.

 

And in fact the thought of family never gives him a good impression.

 

He was then a rowdy eight year old boy. A survivor of a massive killing. An older brother died with 7 stabs, a mother who was and stabbed 11 times, a grandmother hammered to death and a younger sister who has gone missing and probably be dead.

 

The murderer, his own blood and flesh. His father. Was never caught.

 

CodeBreaker93 or Yamada Ryosuke in real life, since then had never left that four-walled room he bought throught online service income. Having paid by people who seeks for his services when it comes to gaming, creating games and sites, and hacking. A skill he developed from the mere knowledge his psychopathic daddy taught him.

 

  *****

 

  I'm alive all this time. Day 4,528.   Hi.  I am 18. Female. I don't know exactly how to do this but I was taught about the basics of computer, so I'm doing this entry. This site suggested I can write whatever I want. So I can tell you that I'm a captive of a man thrice my age for a very long time. It's never been a good experience. Everyday.   Nobody knows I'm alive, CorpseGirl  

 

  This was the first entry in CorpseGirl's blog. And since then Ryosuke constantly reads her entries. 

 

Obviously, her blog entries is saying she's been experiencing physical torture. Many would probably ignore this kind of posts considering 88% of the population of internet freaks aren't telling the exact truth and are just trying to belong with the few percentage of the population of emo. Attention seeker.

 

But to Ryosuke, CorpseGirl is trying to tell him a story.

 

He is looking forward for the 35th entry. A part of him is hoping that she'll be okay tomorrow.

 

The telephone rang. As he scratches his neck, sighed and jumped of his feet from sitting on the comfortable seat in front of the computer, he walked almost dragging his foot causing the hem of his jeans to worn even more. For quite a long time, he has not been comfortable with the feeling he gets when he uses his heavy legs.   He picked up the phone. 

 

"Hello." He started. "Yes, this is CodeBreaker93." Added, "Okay, that'll be done the soonest. Give me two and a half hours." He dropped the phone and went back on his computer. 

 

A client and he sure be paid 10 times bigger than what he pays for monthly billing of utilities. A 'no sleep' doesn't hurt as long as paid.    

 

*****

 

    Tracing all the scars tattooed in her skin, she lose count of how many were engrave in there. New ones will be coming soon and others will come in the future as long as she's alive. 

 

Crashin'.

 

Breakin'.

 

Dyin'.

 

Right now all she needs is a miracle. Staying alive is an enough miracle.

 

She wants to call a name that even the depths of her heart can't remember. She don't even know other names aside from hers and Takahiro's. Takahiro. He abducted her when she was six. She doesn't remember the details but she was sure she has a family out there who's probably be waiting for her come back. The rest of her years with Takahiro was a living hell. 

 

The chain around her ankles proves so and the bruises she gets when he's mad were all attached in her to be a reminder--that she has been a living corpse all this time.

 

CorpseGirl is an identity she just have a month and 4 days ago.

 

Never thought that one day would come, that Takahiro will introduce her to the world. 

 

Setting up a computer inside her room which serves as her jail for 12 long years, she felt a bit of freedom. He taught her about computer and the internet. It was her reward for being a good girl. He also would unclasp the chain in her ankles if he is in a good mood.

 

Sometimes Takahiro acts like a father but most of the time, just her mere kidnapper who only seeks for company. A psychopath who loves giving hits and kicks as punishment and smiles as rewards.

 

"Don't you ever do something that will displease me." Was Takahiro's line...always. And she's always had no choice coz she's never given one but to obey. Being isolated in that old house which was kept lock, escaping was never been an option to her. Due to fear, and due to hopelessness.

 

  "Mirai-chan." Forcefully-soft voiced Takahiro called her with the name she knows she's not worth calling for. Her name, Mirai, full of hope, full of dreams. And it doesn't suit her. What name suits her? It's CorpseGirl.

 

The door of her room opens and a fourty nine year old man stared at her and made her gasped in fear. "I'm leaving for work. Be a good girl, okay?"

 

She nodded, scratching off the dried skin of her scars.     *****  

 

I'm alive again. Day 4,564.   He just left. Said he'll go to work. He is in a good mood again when he left but an hour before that, he hit me five times. Twice in the head and three times in the stomach.  There are a lot more to say. But no one to listen.   I'm breathing still, CorpseGirl  

 

  Ryosuke stared at her brief entry. The crease in his forehead can be trace vividly as he bite his righ thumb and nibbles it. Pulling off the neckline of his shirt and scratches the bugbite on
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter