Verse 4.

A stroll in the park
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day Dayanara came to the park and found their bench empty. She sat and waited for him. Hours past but Joon didn't come.

She came the next day with pie again.

And the next day.

A week later and he still hasn't come.  

Dayanara stopped coming to the park, she took on lessons online for her Korean and stopped making pie. Somehow she felt like a teenager, getting pissed when her crush stopped throwing paper balls at her head in class, but she wasn't in highschool anymore and not even home.

Days went by, seasons changed and winter came along.  The fluff was everywhere, gently coating the city in a white blanket. Seul looked beautiful in winter. The skyscrapers looked like icy castled with the glass shining among the snow, not even the roads got dirty, they would just clean the snow of them. People wrapped in scarfes, colorful hats and mittens shuffled on the streets.

Christmas came and Dayanara wondered if Joon got anything. He said once that he was Buddist but everyone and their mother celebrated Christmas, gifts and food and family. She missed being around her loud, obnoxious and judging family, she didn't like Grandma's is jokes or Uncle John's mysoginst comments but they were kin, stupid nad hers.

She could just fly home and finish her studies there.

America wasn't that far and she had some money for the ticket. 

 

Did he have someone? Did he have to listen to stupid Korean jokes? 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter