Perfect

Dinner Surprise

 

At the reception, it was only a few close friends and our immediate family. I let the rest of the guys dance with her all they want. After all, after today, we’ll keep to ourselves for a little while. She danced with her father first, before anyone else. I could see how close she was to him. It warmed everyone’s heart to see them cherish these last few moments of her being his little princess.

When she pulled Leeteuk for her second dance, he was crying silently. But he wiped the tears away and smiled at her for the most part of it. Leeteuk would miss the angel that wandered over into our lives. Next was Heechul. Heechul always picked on her, even pushing her to little fights, but they had a strong bond. I could see how much he cared for her, especially when they had to part ways. He kissed her on the forehead lovingly, as if he was giving away his own sister. And then Sungmin took the lead. The aegyo babies looked as cute as ever. He spun her twice and she laughed loudly. Then he turned her over to a waiting Shindong. Shindong was her own personal teddy bear, and it still stands to this moment. He hugged her tight, only swaying slowly to the music. Yesung tapped her shoulder lightly to ask her for a dance. She leaned onto him comfortably. She usually had the long, deep, thought-provoking talks with him. Those talks mostly revolved around her goals in life. Ryeowook, ever the shy type, patiently waited for the pair to finish. When she landed into his arms, she hugged him right away. She would miss her favourite singing partner, especially during karaoke night. Eunhyuk had a little race with Donghae but he won the next dance. He would miss the way she would call him out on his obsession with strawberries, but would still snuggle up to him when we would watch romantic movies together at the dorm. Hyuk always had a soft spot for her. Finally, he let Donghae dance with her. Donghae loved her for an obvious reason: he was the first guy she really developed a warm friendship with when we started dating. And he adored her for everything she did. He was her best friend. The brother she always wanted. He was crying by the time the song finished. He kissed her cheeks chastely before bringing her to our table. But wait, Siwon pulled her for a short dance. How could she forget her Bible study partner? Siwon loved her so much it almost seems like he was competing for her affection. But no, he admired her faith, that’s what it was. And finally, she was back in my arms. We danced slowly, lost in the reality of us being married.

“Well good evening, Mrs. Cho.” I said.

“Hello, Mr. Cho.” She replied.

As the night drew to a close, I raised my glass for a toast.

“I want to thank everyone for being a part of this special day. Our parents, siblings, whether we are bound by blood or not, and our close friends. Thank you for letting us share this wonderful part of our lives with you. We love you.”

After all the lights had gone out, the decorations put away, the visitors said their goodbyes, the tearful goodbyes, we were now alone. Staring up at the stars from where we stood from the suite that we got, her leaning onto me, a contented sigh escaping from her lips every now and then, I can definitely tell you – it’s all too perfect.

“Kyuhyun?”

“Hmm?” I her left hand slowly, right where her ring rested. “What is it?”

“Thank you.”

“For?”

“This. Everything. You and me. Our families. Our friends. Your hyungs. The wedding. Just, everything, thank you for that.” She turned to look at me. “I love you, Kyuhyun. You know that by now, don’t you?”

“I love you. And you know that.” I held her close to me.

Nothing could ever keep us apart now.