How it feels

Dinner Surprise

 

It’s been three months since I got engaged to her.

Up to now, as we’re planning our wedding, I’m still surprised. I know it seems like I’m refusing to believe that she actually said yes to me, but it’s only because it seems so surreal.

My girlfriend is now my fiancé. And in a few more months, my wife.

I couldn’t really ask for more.

Being the second member to be engaged was a complete shock to the company. They didn’t buy the fact that I had actually been with her for five years now. But they didn’t take it negatively. I suppose the real shock was the very real thing: Cho Kyuhyun is engaged.

Of course my relationship with the guys was also affected. When I talked to them last year about my plans to propose, not all of them were a hundred percent with me. But they’re not really against me, it’s only because they want me to think it over. And I did. My decision was set when we had a day-off and we headed to the mall. I wandered over to the jewellery section, and found the ring. I dragged Leeteuk over and pointed at the ring. He gave me an encouraging smile and that’s when I knew that he had given me the go signal to propose.

I heard them crying behind Leeteuk’s bedroom door when he told them about his decision that night. Eunhyuk was the first to come out, his eyes red, his chest heaving slightly, and hugged me tight. He didn’t have to say anything. That one hug let me know how much he would miss me in the future. Donghae, Sungmin, Yesung, and Siwon all gave me a good pat on the back. Ryeowook and Heechul also hugged me. Leeteuk hung back inside. Shindong also hugged me, and told me that if I believed that I and my fiancé would last, then I’m doing the right thing.

***

 

It’s been three months since he proposed.

I’m still on cloud nine, to be honest. I love him so much and it’s all moving so fast. We’re planning the wedding right now. I still can’t believe it. I can still remember how nervous he looked when he knelt down that night. But there was sureness in his eyes. Sureness, security, love, and the promise of forever – it was all there. Up to now, as he’s holding my hand, half-listening to the wedding planner talk about the gown, he still has that look in his eyes.

I’m so happy to have the chance to be with him. Kyuhyun has given me nothing to doubt him for. He has given me trust, time, love, and all the patience in the world. He’s made sure that I’m alright, that I’m healthy, that I’m comfortable. I know that most people think that he’s the resident evil maknae, but he’s not. He’s caring, sensitive, humble, and a really good person with a good heart. And yes, he’s very romantic.

“So, will this one work?” The wedding planner asked me. The gown was an empire-cut one. It was one with lace, pearls, and it was a modern long gown. It would fit my body from the waist up, and then flow down to my ankles. It would be white, pure white. Lace ts would be placed at the sides, and little pearls at the top. The hem of the gown would be lined with pearls, too. Then, the veil would be put on with a small tiara. The tiara would be decorated with small blue diamonds. The hem of the veil would also be lined with pearls. I’d be wearing pearl earrings and light, shimmery make-up. “I’m sure you would look like a beautiful princess.” She finished, giving me and Kyuhyun a smile.