I'm making dinner just for one person.

Dinner Surprise

So I finally convinced Ryeowook to teach me a simple dish for dinner.

I wanted to surprise my girlfriend. We haven't seen each other in a while, so I thought this will make up for lost time.

Yup, Cho Kyuhyun will cook dinner. Wish me luck!

***

"Kyuhyun, what is it you want?" Ryeowook hyung asked me after I followed him to his room one night.

"Hyung, will you help me make dinner?" I said.

"What?" He blinked.

"I'm making dinner for just one person." I said.

"I heard you, Kyuhyun. But, why?"

"Hyung, I haven't seen my girlfriend in a while, so I want to surprise her with dinner."

"Why not just take her out?"

"Hyung, what will it take to convince you to help me??" I said, desperation seeping into my voice. Okay, not desperation, but persistence, maybe.

"Kyuhyun, I won't ask for anything in return, I just want to know why you want to cook dinner for your girlfriend."

"I just told you, I want to surprise her." I had a hand on my forehead. He can be quite difficult to work with at times. He held a hand to his face. On which a smile was forming. It scared me a little.

"Oh Kyuhyunnie! That's so sweet!" He was skipping on his feet and clapping his hands. Soon, every door opened and the rest of the hyungs were looking at me. Great.

"What is this?" Donghae asked.

"What's with Wookie being so hyper?" Yesung asked while petting Ddangkoma.

"Wookie, are you having an attack or what?" Sungmin asked.

"You guys! Kyuhyunnie here," He pulled me along so everyone would see, "he wants to cook dinner for his girlfriend!"

"And so?" Heechul said. I scowled at him.

"Well, we all know we've been quite busy lately, so this is how he wants to make it up to her! Isn't that sweet??"

"And let me guess, he's asking for your help, is that it?" Leeteuk said. Ryeowook nodded excitedly. "Wow. Good idea, Kyuhyun."

"Right. She loves home-cooked meals, right?" Shindong said.

"SHe sure does. Remember when we had a picnic one time? She ate the most back then!" Eunhyuk said.

"Yah, you make her sound like a glutton or what." Sungmin said.

"Guys, don't get so worked up, okay? I want to surprise her, so, this is within the group, alright?" I said, holding up my hands.

"You can count on us, Kyuhyun." Siwon said.

"But really, it's so sweet Kyuhyunnie!" Ryeowook kept saying over and over again.

"I know, hyung. You've told me already." I said. My ears were ringing already.

"Let's get some sleep. We have a free day tomorrow. I'll teach you right after breakfast, okay?"

"Okay hyung. Thank you, really."

"Oh it's alright! Goodnight, Kyuhyun." Ryeowook hugged me before retreating back into his room. The rest of the boys followed and I went into mine as well.

I fell back on my bed. I checked my phone. No messages, no calls, nothing. She must be asleep already. But I texted her nonetheless.

Yeobo, can you meet me here at the dorm this weekend? I know we haven't had the chance to see each other for a while now, so I have a small surprise for you. Yes, just for you. Now, wear something nice. I know you're pretty already, so wear something that'll show how pretty you are. I can't wait. I miss you! I love you, yeobo. Love, Kyuhyunnie oppa

I hit send. I fell asleep right away. In my dream, I saw her in a white dress. It was too good of a dream.

The next morning, I woke up to a message from her. I picked up my phone, went out, and joined the others for vreakfast.

"Good morning, sweetie." Sungmin teased me. I guess I was SweetKyu now.

"Morning." I said. I opened up her text.

Oppa, how sweet of you! Sorry I don't text you or call you a lot lately. I'm really busy. I will meet you this weekend. I was actually going to ask you to go out but it's okay for me to meet you at the dorm. Did you ask Leeteuk oppa already? He might want to stay and rest you know. Anyway, aish, stop saying I'm pretty! I am not. I am so stressed right now. I look like a zombie! I miss you more, oppa. I love you! Sweet dreams!

I was smiling widely I didn't even notice everyone was staring at me. I looked up and saw them peering over to look at my phone. I put it in my pocket and reached for the pancakes.

"Early morning and he's blushing already." Heechul said.

"Hush. Let him be." Leeteuk said.

"So, Kyuhyun, what's the plan?" Ryeowook asked me, placing a fresh batch of pancakes on the table, which Shindong and Yesung pounced on. Eunhyuk got some strawberries from the fridge and started eating those along with his pancake. Donghae got jealous and did the same. Siwon was reading his paper and drinking his coffee quietly. Sungmin listened intently to me and Wookie.

"She's meeting me here on the weekend. Can we have the dinner on the rooftop, Teukie hyung?" I said. I didn't want to eat unless I finalized it all.

"Fine with me. Need any help preparing it?" He said.

"I might need some help, hyung."

"Alright, boys, listen up! We're helping Kyuhyun prepare for his romantic dinner date on Friday and then we go out on Saturday to give them some privacy, am I understood?" Leeteuk announced.

"Got it!" Everyone said.

"Thank you, hyungs." I smiled widely and dove into my stack of pancakes.

"Alright, alright, help me clear the table." Ryeowook said. We all carried our plates to the sink. I was busy wiping the table when my phone rang. I looked at it and saw that it was her. I answered it right away.

"Morning!" I said.

"Morning! Am I interrupting anything?"

"No, not at all. We just finished breakfast. Did you eat already?"

"Yup. Still eating, actually."

"Eat first. I'll call you back."

"No, I just need to ask you something about this weekend."

"What is it?"

"Do I really need to wear something nice?"

"Of course! You're pretty, so it should show." I said with a smile. I put her on loudspeaker so I could go on wiping the table. Little did I know taht the rest were slowly walking up to the table to listen in on us.

"I thought I told you to stop calling me pretty."

"But you are."

"Aish, fine, I will." She laughed. I could her mom asking her why in the background. "Nothing, Mom. Go on and cook." I rolled my eyes. "See, you're getting me into trouble."

"Not my fault."

"Hmp. I'll see you this weekend then."

"I can't wait."

"Me either. Well, bye then. Say hi to the rest for me, okay?"

"HELLO YEOBO!!" They exclaimed, making me sit down for I was so surprised. She was laughing louder now. I heard her drop her spoon on her end of the line. "We miss you!" They added.

"I miss you all, too! You must have freaked out Kyuhyun. Good for you!" She said.

I clutched my chest. They all said their individual messages for her. Finally they were done.

"I love you, yeobo." I said.

"I love you too! Bye!" She hung up. I looked right at them. "Thanks a lot." I laughed loudly. They all gave me a hug and started making these cooing noises. Aish!

"Okay, Kyuhyun, let's cook!" Ryeowook said after tying the apron behind me.

I took a deep breath. Here goes nothing.

TO BE CONTINUED!