Imagination Is Powerful

Through the Lightbox
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris woke up, panting. He had out and the last thing he remembered was glass falling on his head. He pulled himself up when he felt a searing pain in his right arm. He couldn't move his legs and arms, and his head felt like it was surrounded in a thick cast. He panicked for a moment due to his immobility. A machine started to beep rapidly and he heard hurried footsteps running towards him. "Patient? Are you up?" A strange voice talked to him, but Kris couldn't see anything, just black. He turned his head towards the voice and tilted his head. 

"Why are you hiding in the dark?" Kris asked, curious. "If you intend to talk to me you should at least show yourself."

"Patient, you cannot see me?" the voice sounded anxious, almost nervous.

"Of course I can't see you, it's all dark," Kris said, laughing. "Hurry and show yourself before I start to lose patience."

Just then he heard scuffling far away and a different voice calling out desperately, "Kris!"

He turned his head sharply. "Who was that?" he asked.

The voice didn't respond, maybe it was gone...? 

"GET OFF OF ME!" he heard the scuffling then a bang. "I NEED TO SEE HIM! I NEED TO SEE IF HE'S ALL RIGHT!"

Kris recognized the voice. He tilted his head, curiously trying to familiarize the sound. "PLEASE!" the voice cried out again.

There was more scuffling then suddenly quick footsteps neared Kris. Someone had grabbed his hand.

"Kris," it said. "Kris, are you okay? Can you hear me? Do you know who I am?"

Kris laughed. "You really think I can see you? Why does everyone think I can see them? Of course I can't see you, we're in complete darkness...but I do have to say...I recognize your voice. Who are you?"

There was silence. "Kris? Y-you really can't see me?" the voice asked again, trembling.

"No," Kris repeated. Why was everyone sounding shocked, they were in utter blackness, of course he couldn't see.

"Doctor," the voice shook. "What's wrong with his eyes? Why can't he see me? They're wide open! Why can't he see? They're completely fine b-but what in the world is wrong?!" The voice was in agony, on the verge of yelling. Kris shook his head again, it was getting clouded. He was so confused. Doctor? What was that? And his eyes were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter