The White Void

Through the Lightbox
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Grab my hand!"

The whirling winds pummeled Kris' body, preventing him from standing on the slippery ice. White flakes were blurring his view.

"You idiot, when are you going to start listening to me? Grab my hand!"

Kris vaguely felt his arm being yanked as he stumbled onto his feet. "Thanks," he muttered to his panting companion.

They had barely been surviving in the snow for the last three days. Food was rare and fire was out of the question. With no shelter to go to, Kris and Suho had constantly been wandering the endless whiteness, searching for anything that could be useful. 

Tightly grabbing on to each others hands, they slowly trudged through the knee-deep snow. Kris, having miraculously discovered something through the flying snowflakes, starting running through the snow, dragging Suho behind. "KRI-," pieces of snow landed in Suho's mouth as he tried to cry out to Kris.

They stopped.

"I wholly appreciate your dragging of me through a foot of snow and getting snow into my jacket!" said Suho, struggling to stand up. No response. "Kris?" Suho found his partner staring forward, with a blank look in his eyes. Following, Kris' eyes, Suho turned his head, his eyes growing large in shock.

"Suho," started Kris. "What are we going to do now?"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter