Tsunami

Through the Lightbox
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"RUN!"

"WHAT?"

"TSUNAMI YOU IDIOT, RUN!"

Suho, yanking on Kris' hand, ran as fast as he could to escape the advancing wave. Running through the trees, Suho heard his ragged breath as well as Kris' pants. Leaves and twigs slapped Suho's face and despite the cuts and stinging on his face, Suho continued to run. Desperately turning backwards, Suho saw the wave. It was blue. Bluer than anything he had seen before. Its shadow had darkned the entire beach. He tripped on a fallen tree branch. "Oof."

"Ow," said Kris. Turning around, Kris saw the tsunami. Eyes growing wide, Kris grabbed onto Suho's hand and helped him up. Then he started sprinting, adrenalin coursing his body in the life-or-death situation. Suho darted behind Kris and caught up to him. Together, the two ran as fast as they could to get away from the tsunami. This whole area is going to be flooded, I need to find something that's high above sea level, Suho thought. Turning his head to circumspect the neighboring areas, Suho spotted a tall rocky mountain towering over all the trees. "There! Kris run there, to that tall mountain!" Altering their direction, Suho and Kris ran towards the mountain. 

Panting when they arrived, the two boys quickly started to climb the peak. It was a giant mountain. Several little trees clung to it, their roots slithering between cracks. Rocks with dirt surrounded the entire mountain and were also found on several ledges. 

The giant wave had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter