The Glass Jar

Through the Lightbox
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris was lying on the ground. He didn't feel any pain...just blank and numb...he just remembered water and falling into blackness. I'm not dead? He opened his eyes and his pupils quickly constricted due to the bright sunlight. Feeling dizzy, Kris stood up and found himself standing in a clearing surrounded by trees. He walked forward then BOOM.

He had walked into something and scowling, he rubbed his forehead, which was now red. What the heck? Something blocked me from going outside?! Kris walked forward again, but this time with his hand extended. His hand touched something sleek and smooth. It felt like...glass... He turned and walked sideways with his hand still on the glass-like texture. It formed a circle. He was surrounded by a circular glass wall that he couldn't see. Great, he thought. How am I supposed to get out of here now? How did I even end up like this? Then something moved in the trees. It was a faint rustle and then a scrawny boy fell out into the clearing. He had long, tousled, dark brown hair covering his eyes and grime all over his face to the point of being unrecognizable. He was limping and had several cuts along his face, arms, and legs. When the boy saw Kris, he started running and limping towards him. 

The boy opened his mouth and said something, but Kris couldn't hear anything. The boy walked closer, his mouth continuing to move without any sound. Now the boy stood in front of Kris, and Kris realized that the boy wasn't just any scr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter