White Woods

Through the Lightbox
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How..d-did we not see this?" Suho stammered.

They stood in front of trees.

"Should we go in?" Kris asked.

"I don't know, maybe we should go around...I-I think I h-heard s-some s-strange sounds coming f-from the w-woods." said Suho.

Smirking at his comrade's fright, Kris laughed. "Lets go, the trees will provide more shelter from the snow and if we might even find some food." Kris trailed off as another harsh current of wind whipped by. "Lets go." Dragging Suho by the arm, Kris marched through the heavy snow. Wow, there are a lot of trees here, he thought to himself as they continued to walk. 

Hours passed by and it seemed that they had been walking in circles.

"Kris, if you keep doing this we're not going to get anywhere." Suho finally managed to say after allowing himself to be dragged.

"Hey, wandering through woods is not my style."

Suho took the lead and they continued to march deeper into the forest.

As more time passed by, the snow seemed to gradually stop and the sky started to dim. The grumbling from the boy's stomachs did not seem to stop and they eventually had to stop due to wracking pains from their stomachs.

"I can feel my stomach linings dissolving in acid," Suho cried out. With nods of agreement from Kris, the two decided to sit down by a tall evergreen for a momentary rest. Laying down on the snow, the two boys sighed in exhaustion. 

The trees towered over them and seeme

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter