Nine

Little secret

Jiyong POV

"Curiosity kills the cat."
Have you ever met someone whose a stranger yet it's as though you knew them for a long time? There's this girl, a victim actually. Lying in the hospital after our comeback performance.

Because of guilt, I visited her. And at the instance, I felt so comfortable; like its finally quiet after a long time. I remember talking to her while she was asleep, yet she responded with slight sounds. I don't know if she really knew what I was saying but from there I felt that I quite like talking to her. While she was asleep.

She woke up, not like the others, she was tamer. Mysteriously after I left the hospital ward for the last time, I wanted to see her again. Then it was like by fate we met again at the cafe she was working. Somehow this girl makes me felt like I wasn't alone anymore, like I've occupied by that emptiness I had in me for a long time.

But maybe it was temptations and I did something I know I shouldn't have; I touched her. That was the day my urge as a man overtook all my principles.

This is wrong, I turned an innocent girl into a machine for my satisfaction. I thought I could escape, forget it all and move on. But slowly, I got attached to her. And I can't not see her. Yet when I see her another time, the same thing happened. However , it was a different feeling from the last one. All I felt was butterflies in my stomach.

Good things don't last. On the night when I wanted to prove my interest toward her, I overheard the phone conversation. I was standing at a corner, wanting to surprise her after work.

"We're just temporary." Her words instantly killed me. So it's not me, but my fame perhaps. I heard her saying how much she didn't want attention. It's impossible if I want to be together with her. I know, fans won't like it, they might even try to harm her. I can't bear to see her get hurt.

It seems like a twisted dream, that she keeps on running back. Mix signals.
'Stay away if you don't want to get hurt' I thought. I wish she could hate me instead.

I hate seeing other guys touch her. What I can only do now is watch her from the sidelines. She's so fragile, I want to protect her even more. Yet again, is this really worth it at all.

"Dara." I replied her question and at that instant I truly regretted what I said. Not because I used my friend (Dara) as an excuse but I hurt that girl in the worst way possible. And the darkness starts creeping in. Sometimes I even miss her touch.

If you think celebrities have a great deal of life, under all the glits and glamour even with those supporters, it's still lonely deep down inside. And here I am, alone again.

My head is saying "forget her" yet my heart is saying "don't let go". Now we're just strangers with shared memories.

"I'll always just be that 'sometimes'. But I can't. I feel like a fool for liking you." She said to me on the day that we bump into each other at a club in Shanghai. Why would she be even here, in Shanghai? What's worse is that I had mistaken her action.

When I thought I was the one fooling her, I was actually the one being fooled. Why didn't I take the chance...