Fifth

Little secret

It was impossible to keep Hyejin in the dark, especially if she oftens come round my place without notice. After I explain to her, she kept her cool but freaked out the moment jiyong left. Now she always pesters for Top's personal life or pictures not everyone can see, since her bias was Top.

It was just like any normal Friday afternoon where there aren't many people around the café. I was doing cashier when in came a familiar face. Jiyong was once again disguised in his black wig but it was still obvious that he is someone famous. He wink at me as he walk towards the counter, oblivious of the commotion he had cause among the customers and co-workers.

"anneonghaseyo, can I get your order please?" I said, keeping my cool so I wouldn't present myself like am idiot infront of him.

"Can I please have caramel frappe--" he paused and lean in. "With a shot of you." He whispered later on.

My heart skipped a beat. I think I'm already wet. I nodded and told him the price, using my customer service to cover up how freaked out I am inside.

"Thanks," he smiled when I hand him the receipt. "Back door, after work." He softly spoke before walking to the next section to collect his drink. After that, he glance over at me as he headed out. He's god of seduction.

I purposely slowed down cleaning so I would be the last to leave, and nobody would see us together since it's already near 12am. While waiting for him, I scrolled thru Twitter and stumbled across a post :

BIGBANG's G-Dragon is seeing someone?!

A shiver ran down my spine. I read along.

" Kwon Jiyong aka G-dragon, was spotted with a girl few weeks back in a mall. According to eye-witnesses, they were holding hands and escaped once spotted. The girl's face however could not be clearly seen. Who is this mysterious girl? "

If they found out about us, my life would be over. I have seen ordinary girls dating celebrities in other countries, with  fans sending death threats and cyber bullying the victim. It can't happen to me. Especially not when I'm involved with Jiyong, superiorly famous is Korea. I dialed for Jiyong , but after so many tries the voice message says that he's line was busy. Just then I got a call from Hyejin.

"Yah, eodiseo?" She ask from the other line.
"Still out, waegilrae?" I answered.

"I saw this online abd everyone has been talking about it, its crazy! Bout you and jiyong, you're in deep trouble!" her voice went to a higher tone. I already guessed what she has called for.

"What are you going to do?" she then ask.

"You know I hate attention right? I'll have to be really careful." I replied.

" Are you crazy? Fans are the best investigators. They can easily dig up stuff." she sounded like a naggy mom already.

"I don't know Hyejin, my head is not thinking straight right now." I told her. It was true, trying to find solution to balance problems isn't easy at all. (I'm stating the obvious). It's so messed up, problems pop up, Jiyong can't be contacted and I'm scared out of my wits that someone will actually recognize me from the pictures taken, though it's not really clear.

"Yah, what are you and Jiyong exactly?" Her voice made me come back from space of thoughts.

"We-" I paused. That was the exact question haunting me every time.

"Bwoh?"

"Nothing." I said mindlessly, not wanting to get my own hopes up. "We were just temporary."

I kinda regretted what I said afterwards. My heart ache a little, from what I said. It wasn't what I really meant, just didn't want to be caught in a false hope situation. Like they always say: don't expect too much, right?

Hyejin didn't say much, just sighed and told me to be careful. I hung up after saying my goodbye. Still no sign of jiyong anywhere. He might be caught in some situation that he can't meet me or pick up my call now. Even with little hope, I still want to believe that Jiyong and I really share something special between us. And I hope I was he's special someone.

-The next day- 

"Chogiyo, you look rather familiar." a bunch of teenagers asked while they ordered their drinks.

"Really? Who?" I ask.

"The rumored girl everyone is talking about, you know, the GD affair." she stared at my face long enough. I sneered and shook my head, not wanting any suspicion. I felt a cold sweat trickle down my side face. This is no good, what if someone really regconises me...

Just then,My manager approached and ask if I could do the special delivery today. Good chance for me to escape from anymore of this, its so nerve wrecking.

There were quite a few places to deliver to, all nearby but still it was quite a hassle. I scan down the paper for the last destination. YG entertainment headquarters. This is a chance I may get it see Jiyong myself. This is the moment to clear this and we might be able to get through it without anyone revealing my identity.

A sudden urge of justice came within me. There was spark in hope and the strong realization hit upon me that Jiyong was everything i wanted. I can't let him go easily. If you really love the person, never not take the chance to confront that opportunity. It was now or never.

"Coffee delivery for Ms choi?" I told the front counter.

"Ah, khamsahamida. Please delivery it to the third floor, second room to the right." The staff replied. I nodded and headed up, hoping that I could bump into Jiyong. Loud music could be heard from outside , like a slow jam kind of song. I knocked and someone from inside call for me to open the door. As I swing open, a glimpse of the familiar figure caught my attention.

Jiyong sat by a sofa, with a girl.... Dara. A guy in the room  came towards me, taking the coffee from my hand. My eyes were glued on the couple, not even paying attention to the guy. Jiyong and Dara say closely, their skin touching each other.

"Thanks for the hardwork, my staff will pay you at the reception counter." The guy said but I wasn't listening till he waved his hands in front of me. I snapped out and look towards the guy. TOP.

"Oh, dae.." I was in a daze when I replied. My mind just shut off by itself. TOP smirked, whip out a pen from his own, took my arm and sign on it.

"I know, you're not the only one who freeze when seeing us." He signed and let go of my hands. "Least you don't go crazy."

"I.. Khamsahamida.. Uh," I glance over at the signature, but secretly look towards Jiyong and Dara whose still happily talking away. He tilt his head and look towards my direction.

"Let me pay for it." Jiyong said. He got up and walk over, grabbing the wallet from his back pocket. It was intoxicating to see him. TOP walk away and sat somewhere else, pick up his laptop and the music turned back on. I perked up my courage to talk to Jiyong as he dug for his cash.

"We need to talk." I tried as hard not to sound like a timid little child. He look up but there wasn't any expression.

"About what?" He ask, like as though he has forgotten about everything.

"The rumors, it's in the social media. I tried call-"

"I've heard about it already." He interrupted. "You have nothing to worry about."

"What do you mean? Some people actually ask me if I was the girl." I replied.

"Why are you so afraid?" He bluntly shoot. "We are nothing but temporary." He added. Temporary. As soon as that word came out from his mouth, it was like a shot of arrow pierced thru my heart. The way he said was like as though WE didn't matter at all, WE were nothing to him. And I was certainly just a toy for his boredom. I look at him in disbelief, my eyes so watery and my throat lumping up that I thought my whole chest was about to burst.

My first time keeping so much pain within myself, grasping with anger, jealousy and humiliation, holding it in my heart. This is so ridiculous. I forced a smile and gave him back the money.

"It's on the house, thank you- for everything." With that I quickly walk off. It hurts so much at the realization that I wasn't even once important, that he could bluntly say like we were nothing to him, not even once. And there I was, secretly hoping that he'd love me too, now fades away because it's just a wishful thinking. I'm so foolish of imagining we could be more than that. I have mistook he's lust for love.

'Don't cry.. Don't cry...' I told myself for the whole day even after I left the place. Till at the end when Hyejin came to find me after work, she saw my distraught self and embraced me tightly.  The power of the hug was incomprehensible, I let my feelings out and broke down into heavy tears.