Final.2

Little secret

"Oh? I think I saw someone you know." Dara turned her head and back to me, pointing in a direction. I followed her gaze but there was nothing there in the opposite streets.

"That girl who sent the coffee... That girl you wanted to avoid and used me as an excuse?... Her." She gave me that look of what are you waiting for.

"C'mon let's focus," I try push away the thought of her. There was an urge to see her yet I know she definitely would push me away again.

"Oppa I'm not dumb. I can literally see you yelping for help inside."

I laughed but deep down, the pain of the thought that I wanted her badly  came back again, haunting me like before.

"If you don't catch her, someone eventually will. You don't want anyone else to replace you right?" Dara folded her arms, oblivious of the camera crew still filming.

"She doesn't love me."

"And how are you so sure? We don't meet people by accident y'know. Chase her, if you don't, someone will."
_____________________

"Yah."

I turned back, that familiar voice. The figure stood there, huffing and panting, half bending to catch his breath.

"You seriously run fast huh." He rubbed the sweat off his face with his back hands.

"What are you doing here?" My heart race. I know the answer, I just wanted to hear from him.

"You shouldn't be here. Not alone, without me." He said between breaths.

"You don't owe this place." I crudely replied, turning back to the front.

"No, it belongs to both of us."

"You should go, don't let her wait for you."

"Don't worry, the crew will understand."

"Crew?" What was Jiyong  talking about...

"Yea, we're filming. Dara's my partner in the short video. You thought we were..." He chuckled. "No wonder you look so stress out."

So I misunderstood what I saw? He was actually filming... Schedule, right, TOP mention about it. Urh I felt so stupid.

"You already gave up on our adventure?" His words brought me out of my thoughts.

"No, I'm scared of it. A nightmare, not a dream at all." I turn back to him. "Don't come and go like you wish, pulling me like gravity. You act like you don't care. You have no idea how crazy it is to accept you for your background. I hate attention but then you appeared and became my everything. I fell for you, not  cause of your position in life yet I'm so terrified being with you. They (fans) won't like us being together." I breathed hard, relief finally being able to spill out whatever I kept in my head.

"I won't let anyone hurt you, I'm here to mend your fears. It's not worth the dream if you're not afraid of it. We are two naive people missing out on a good chance. Being in love isn't one sided, mine never died for sure. I can't stand not being with you." He paused then look intensively at me.

"Then why did you push me away in the first place?" I argue back.

"And did you not?" His brown lift as he comb back his hairs with his fingers.

He was right, I indeed pushed him away at some point.

"Maybe we could have been more. Maybe we are in love. Maybe this has been a misunderstanding. Maybe just maybe, we can start over again."

"Perhaps you should stop relying on maybe." He smiled. "You weren't suppose to be a regret, so stop running away from me."

"I never intended to." I smiled.

"So," he rocked back and forth, putting his hands in his pocket. We both look at each other shyly, me not wanting to smile like an idiot. "I'll see you soon?"

I nodded and he nodded as well.

"Then I should go back to my work. I'll call you." With that he turn and walks towards the door.

"Oh," he turn around. "Think we can change this temporary adventure to forever?" Scratching his head and looking away from me.

"After all this, why not?"

His expression perked up and  smiles cheekily like a little happy child after I replied him. That was the cutest thing I've ever seen. He put his palm up, gesturing goodbye for now and left.

We all suffered in different ways. Yet it was so true; no adventure is ever the perfect experience. Perfection doesn't exist anymore. Two people, longing to be one united soul. And I was thinking, what if I never met him by chance at all, what if I never have gotten into that incident, then I'll never have a taste of this one of a kind experience. I'll probably never end up being with one of the iest man alive.