Old Friend

The Morning Star, Venus

“Maybe I can help,” said the girl standing in the doorway.

Everyone immediately turned around and was quickly greeted by a petite girl with the most dazzling smile. Her eyes sparkled just like the bright star in the night sky, her pearly whites shone just like they came out from a tooth paste commercial. The white shirt she wore really complimented her skin tone and emphasized on her curve. The short ripple black skirt did a very good job on making her bum looked even more exquisite than it already was and showing off her long smooth silky white legs that were to die for.

But the most distinctive feature that everyone could not keep their eyes off from was her hair. Her silk black hair was tied up in a bun on top of her head with a hair stick. By the look of it, the hair stick seemed to be either made by silver or platinum or any other metal that has similar color. The hair stick was placed in her hair bun, making her bun secured in place. Everyone can see that the hair stick was not just an ordinary hair stick, and even if it was, it was certainly not cheap. The three black pearls dangling from it clearly showed that.

“Who are you and how did you manage to get in?” Wang Zi asked.

“You will find out about that later,” she smiled, “the most important thing right now is to save GuiGui,” she said while walking towards GuiGui.

“How do you know GuiGui?” Pets asked this time.

The girl turned to face Pets and then went back to see GuiGui who was still lying on the bed. Seeing GuiGui in this condition really made her heart ache. The smile plastered on her face was now replace with worried looked in her eyes. “Let’s just say that I’m someone from her past,” she said while trailing her fingers on GuiGui’s beautiful face.

The girl stopped and then looked at Xiu, who was now standing across her. She observed him with her keen eye from head to toe.

“You’re Hei Ren’s disciple?” she asked while looking directly to Xiu’s eyes.

Xiu unconsciously swallow his saliva. “Yes, Miss,” he said while bowing to her.

Everyone immediately raised their eyebrows upon seeing Xiu’s gesture. He was not exactly nice or polite when he first met the gang, so why did his personality change to 180 degrees the opposite when meeting this mysterious girl?

“What have you found out?” the girl asked again.

“GuiGui was attacked by this needle, Miss,” Xiu said while showing the black needle to the girl using his tweezers.

The girl studied the needle for a while before finally grabbing the tweezers and examined it more. She then pulled out a small tube from the left pocket of her ripple black skirt and put the needle in it.

“And who is the attacker?” the girl asked while still observing the needle inside the small tube in her hand.

“His name is Ao Quan,” Wang Zi answered this time.

Everyone was just waiting for her reaction and when there was none, they just kept quiet. They just could not help but to observe the beauty standing in front of them. She had this unique charm and grace that made everyone listened to her and stayed rooted on their spot.

“Ao Quan…” she suddenly whispered softly.

Everyone seems to be oblivious of what she just whispered, but not Calvin. His fighting skills was at a very high level that his hearing was very sensitive and also the fact that he just saw her lips moving makes him able to catch what she was just saying.

“You know him?” Calvin asked.

Everyone was surprised to hear Calvin because they thought of why he suddenly asking the girl something very random.

“I’ve heard of him,” she said while lifting her head and looking at Calvin.

The moment their eyes met was so magical, as in literally magical. The room was suddenly filled with cool wind and it was different from the cool air coming from the air conditioner. This cool wind was odd. It came out of nowhere and immediately circled around Calvin’s feet. The longer they looked at each other, the colder the wind get. Not only that, the wind also moved upward, from circling Calvin’s feet to circling his entire body.

“Why is it suddenly felt cold here?” Shao Xiang suddenly asked.

The girl and Calvin startled for a moment and quickly turned their heads away, avoiding each other’s gaze. And the moment they looked away, the circular wind immediately broke apart. Not wanting to explain on the weird wind motion that just happened, the girl quickly focused back on GuiGui and the needle inside the tube in her hand.

Suddenly she snapped her fingers and out of nowhere a man in an army suit walked in and immediately bowed down before her.

“Second Young Mistress (Er Xiao Jie / 二小姐)” the man greeted. He was still bowing to her with both his hands in front of his head forming gongshou (拱手). (Note: Gongshuo is to cup one's hands in obeisance or greeting to show a sign of respect. Usually the left hand is on top of the right hand).

Everyone looked at the man in surprised. In their mind they kept wondering on who the mysterious girl really was, especially after seeing the special greeting.

It was customary for people in the Platinum Dimension to have special kind of greetings to well-respected authority figures and their family members. Of course the greetings varied with the importance of the authority figures and their ranks in the Platinum Dimension hierarchy. So the greetings for the Royal Family would be different for the Twelve Noble Families and the greetings for the Noble Families would be different for the Honorable Families and High Society Families. The lower they were in the hierarchy, the less formal the greetings. So the most formal greetings were towards the Royal Family and then followed by the Twelve Noble Families, then the Honorable Families, next the High Society Families, and lastly the commoners. For example, people had to they kneel and use gongshou when they meet and talk to the Royal Family, even in an informal situation. People were only allowed to speak without kneeling or using gongshou when they were already given permission to not use the formal greetings by the royal family member they were talking to.

Different case happened when people meet or talk to any member of the Twelve Noble Family. When people met any member of the twelve noble families, they first had to bow 90 degrees (when the member they are meeting is older), or minimum 30 degrees (when the member they are meeting is younger), or 45 degrees (when the member is the same age or the age difference is not that high). When talking, they had to keep bowing and then use gongshou in front of their face. And this greeting applies to both women and men as a sign of respect.

By what they had just seen the mysterious girl in front of them had to be one of the members of Twelve Noble Families. The question was which noble families? And more importantly, who the hell exactly she was?

Of course you may think that since the Twelve Noble Families were very famous, almost all the people of Platinum Dimension know who they were, but unfortunately this was not the case. The Royal Family and The Twelve Noble Families were very secretive. This was shown by the fact that no one, repeat NO ONE, knows who exactly the last heir of the thrown really was. Heck, they did not even know if he or she was still alive.

The same case happened to the Twelve Noble Families. If you asked the people of the Platinum Dimension upon who were the members of the Twelve Noble Families, they would only tell you the head of each family and their wives. Other than that, any information about the Twelve Families was just blank. Only the Sir and Lady of the House were widely known for both name and physical features, but other than that, no one really knew who the Twelve Noble Families really were.

“Take this to my sister. She’ll know what to do,” the girl suddenly said while handing over the small tube containing the poisonous needle.

The man in the army suit quickly nodded after receiving the small tube and after a final bow, the man suddenly left, just as fast as how he entered.

The girl quickly took out her cellphone from her other pocket and immediately makes a call. “Jie,” she said to the person on the other line. (Note: Jie 姐 means older sister or a polite way to address a woman that is older than the speaker).

“She was attack by a black needle. I already sent someone to give it to you, please examine it,” she continued. She stopped for a while, listening to what the other person has to say. “She’s not awake yet, I’ll wake her up after this,” she said again and then stopped to listen to the other person’s reply. “The attacker’s name is Ao Quan. You’ve heard of him, right Jie?” she asked and then waited again. “Oh, okay. Please send my regards to Da Dong Ge. Oh, and before I forget, can you please send my apology to Sooyeon. With everything that’s going on around here, I don’t think I can attend her engagement party. Just send my blessing for her and Heechul Oppa.” (Note: Ge 哥 means big brother or a polite way to address a man that is older than the speaker. Oppa is equivalent to Ge in Korean, but oppa is only used when the speaker is female.)

Another silence. “What?! NO!” she said with a suddenly high pitch voice. “My relationship with Soojung, I mean Krystal, was, I mean IS fine. Just because we used to bicker over silly stuff doesn’t mean that I hate her that much to not be able to attend her own sister’s engagement party just to avoid her,” silence once more, “just drop it, okay Jie? I have more important matters to deal with here. I’ll get back at you as soon as there is progress, okay? Bye.” And with that the conversation ended.

Everyone in the room listened closely to the girl’s conversation on the phone, but as the girl put her cellphone back in her pocket, they all immediately turned their head and acted as if they heard nothing. Of course they kept thinking upon the identity of the mysterious girl.

By what they heard, they could confirm that the girl was close to two members of the Honorable Families, which were Jung Sooyeon or preferably known as Jessica from the Jung Family and Kim Heechul, the number one untamable – yet somehow able to get engaged – playboy of the Platinum Dimension, from the Kim Family. From this discovery, it could be speculated that the girl is either from the Huang Family and the Cai Family who worked closely with the two Honorable Families. Of course, they could be mistaken since all Twelve Noble Families along with all Honorable Families and few of the High Society Families worked together to bring order to the Platinum Dimension especially since the Royal Family, more specifically the last heir, is currently MIA (Missing in Action). And also the fact that all members of the Twelve Noble Families and Honorable Families and few members of the High Society Families were also invited to the claimed party of the year.

Well, unlike the Twelve Noble Families who were very secretive, the Honorable Families were very open. Well either that, or the fact that their security system was not that good because reporters were able to get any kind of details about their lives. Some say that it was a diversion to draw away attention from the Twelve Noble Families and the Royals, but no such accusation has been proven.

So because of that, Heechul’s reputation as a party animal had always been well known in the Platinum Dimension, and even though this was his engagement party, it is no exception. Especially the fact that he was the one getting engaged got everyone more excited. Whoever thought the number one playboy from the Kim Family would settle down first? Heck, they were even more surprised that Miss Jessica Jung was able to tame the untamable player.

Everyone else had been guessing that it would be either Heechul’s younger brother, Young-woon aka Kangin, or his cousin, Jaejoong that was going to get married when the news broke out about a member of the Kim Family getting engaged. Even if it was not the two of them, people were expecting the news to come from the other boys of the Kim Family, namely Kibum, Ryeowook, Junsu aka Xiah, Jongwoon aka Yesung, who else? Well, almost every son of the HUGE Kim Family, except Heechul himself, had been speculated to be the one that walk down the aisle very soon. Boy, were they wrong!

They became even more surprised to know that the girl who was going to tie the knot with him was none other than the Ice Princess of the Jung Family. And believe it when they called her Ice Princess because she was literally an Ice Princess. Have you seen her using her powers? She can make sunny Hawaii becomes a North Pole just with one wave of her hand!

Why was everyone so surprised that Jessica was going to tie the knot with Heechul? This was because the fact that Jessica was in a rumored relationship with another famous son of another Honorable Families, Lee Donghae. And also the fact that Heechul was said to currently “like” one of the daughters of the High Society Families, Ahn Sohee, add more spice to the news.

Just so you know; everything related to the Honorable Families was just worthy as news. They were like the celebrities of Platinum Dimension, or something equivalent to the ‘Prince William and Kate Middleton’ frenzies on earth. Of course it would make more sense if the subject of the news is the Royal Family or the Twelve Noble Families, but since the Royal Family is MIA and the Twelve Noble Families were very secretive, the huge range of Honorable Families would just do. Besides, since the Honorable Families’ members were a lot more than Twelve Noble Families and Royal Families combined and the fact that they were not that secretive, especially the younger generation, it was easy to obtain news from them. And heck, the news just would not stop coming!

“So… Where were we?” the girl suddenly asked, snapping everyone back from their deep thoughts about their speculations and her conversation few seconds ago.

Everyone just stared blankly at her and then stared back at the lying GuiGui next to her, as if trying to signal her that they were just discussing about GuiGui until the guy in the army suit came and followed by the quite interesting phone call she made seconds ago.

“Oh, right, GuiGui,” she said after finally getting on the hints they were giving to her.

She put her right index finger on her chin and started to think. And suddenly the imaginary light bulb above her head lite up.

“That’s it!” she said while snapping her fingers and forming a knowing smirk.

Everyone just waited patiently, wondering what the hell the mysterious girl was going to do to their precious GuiGui.

The girl quickly took out a small bottle from her other pocket. She opened the cap and dropped just three drops of liquid into GuiGui’s mouth. She then placed it back in her pocket and wait.

“Are you sure it’s going to work? Don’t you see that Xiu had tried that method and it didn’t work?” Boyan asked.

The girl suddenly shot him an icy glare. The moment Boyan looked at that fierce eyes, he unconsciously swallowed his saliva. A millisecond later, the icy glare had gone, as if she had never looked at Boyan that way.

“That’s because I’m not finished yet,” she said with her normal tone, then letting out a soft chuckle.

She then took a deep breath and stretched out her hands above GuiGui’s body. After a few weird and complicated hand gestures – which somehow made everyone amazed that she did not tangled herself – the girl finally let out white rays of energy from her hands. Different from the strains of power from what Xiu and the others did moments before she arrived, this strands of energy looked thicker and stronger. It did not look like a strain or a tread of silk; it looks like a thick white ribbon. And it did not go straight into GuiGui’s body, instead it enveloped her body, making her looked like she was being mummified, except for her head.

“What do you think she is doing to her?” Shao Xiang whispered to Hong Zheng.

“Don’t know,” Hong Zheng whispered back while shaking his head slightly.

“Guys, shut it!” Pets whispered. “You’re going to break her concentration,” she added.

“Oh, and you whispering like that isn’t?” Wang Zi retorted, still in whisper.

“Shhh!” George shushed. The four of them immediately glare at him, but the student body president only put a finger on his mouth, signaling everyone to stay silent, and then using the same finger, he pointed out at the mysterious girl.

The girl was still busy with her hand thing, with her hands and all of that, but now the white thick ribbon-like power strains had slowly seeps inside GuiGui’s body. It was an amazing sight to see, really.

After all the power strains finally went inside GuiGui’s body, the girl finally slowly lowered her hands while exhaling all her nerves. And then she waits, and waits, still waiting… Until sometime that seemed like eternity, Calvin finally broke the silence.

“It’s not working, is it?” he said while crossing his hands in front of his chest.

The girl just ignored what Calvin had said to her and continued examining GuiGui, finding out what was wrong with her method that made her still unconscious. She opened GuiGui’s eyes, checked her pulse on her neck and wrist, she did everything like what a doctor normally do, but minus the stethoscope.

“I guess I have to use a more drastic measure then,” she said after she finished.

Everyone went quiet. If that was not her best trick and that she was going to do something more drastic than that, what could it be?

The girl suddenly put both of her hands to cup . She slowly inhaled. The others were just waiting patiently. What was this drastic thing she going to do? Is she going to transfer her life power to GuiGui’s using mouth to mouth? Is that why she cupped ?

And suddenly, out of nowhere she shouted “GUIGUI! ELLA MADE PANCAKES!”

The others quickly covered their ears to prevent them from being deaf. Man that girl could shout!

Before they all could protest over her so-called drastic measure, they got the surprise of their lives when the body lying in front of them suddenly sat up and shouted “PANCAKES!!!!!”

They just cannot believe what they are seeing. GuiGui is now awake, over PANCAKES?! What… the… hell?!

“Nice of you to still remember that Ella makes the best pancakes, my dear GuiGui,” the girl said with her sarcastic tone.

GuiGui blinked a couple of times, trying to figure out where she was. She scanned the room and then looked at her friends who were looking at her with gold-fish eyes. What was wrong with them to be looking at her like that? Was there something wrong with her face? She unconsciously touched her face, hoping that her face was still intact to her head and still the same as it was before.

“Relax. Nothing is wrong with your face,” the mysterious girl said while crossing her hands in front of her chest, mimicking what Calvin did minutes ago.

GuiGui clinched her eyes. It was that voice again, the one who said something about Ella’s pancakes to her. That voice sounded so familiar though, despite the sarcastic tone. She slowly turned her head to see the owner of the voice and as soon as she saw the mysterious girl, her eyes were wide open.

“Wu Xiong?” she hesitantly asked.

“Glad you still remember something else from your hometown other than Ella’s pancakes,” the girl commented.

“Oh My GOD!” she shouted while hugging Wu Xiong.

“What are you doing here? How did you get here? When? Oh My! I miss you so much! How’s everyone doing? Is something wrong with you? Why are you here? Is everything alright back home?” GuiGui continued to ramble.

“Hold your horses there, girl,” Wu Xiong said while hugging her back, “I really miss you too and so does everyone back home.”

While the two long-time friends continued to hug, the others were just silently watching, still confused with what just happened moments ago.

“What the hell just happened?” Boyan asked, still staring at the two hugging girls with his gold fish eyes.

“I have absolutely no idea,” Hong Zheng answered.

“Are my ears and eyes really deceived me or did it really happen that GuiGui actually woke up after hearing pancakes?” Wang Zi asked this time.

“No, you heard it right,” Pets answered while nodding her head.

“I think something damaged her brain,” Shao Xiang commented.

Every head immediately turned to him and looked at him as if it was him that had some damages in his brain for saying something like that.

“Hey, don’t look at me like that!” Shao Xiang said. “Come on, think about it. Have you ever seen her like that?” he pointed out.

The others turned their heads back to look at GuiGui, who was still happily hugging Wu Xiong. True what Shao Xiang had just said. It was like they are looking at a completely different person.

“I’ve seen her like that before, but still. It is rare to see her like this,” Pets commented.

The others just nodded upon hearing this. Well, Pets was her best friend, so of course she knew stuffs that the others don’t.

“Can anyone please explain what just happened?” Benji finally said.

With that said; the two girls immediately stopped hugging and looked at the others who were still looking intensely at them.

“Come to think of it now, I actually don’t know how I got here. And how did you get here?” GuiGui said, following the others in the staring contest.

“Hey don’t look at me, I just got here,” Wu Xiong defended herself.

“You-” George started.

“You passed out for more than a week. Wu Hu Jiang, Wang Zi, and I went to see Xiu to help regain your consciousness back. He is the one next to your bed,” Calvin suddenly cut off while pointing to Xiu.

GuiGui turned her head to face Xiu and smiled a little to him while bowing her head slightly, silently giving him her gratitude.

“But unfortunately, he failed,” Wang Zi said in a-matter-of-fact tone.

Pets, who was standing next to him, immediately elbowed him which caused him to bend over a little. Wang Zi immediately shut his mouth. He sometimes forgot that this girl had powers, and a strong one he might add.

“And then out of nowhere, your friend there suddenly came and woke you up,” Boyan said while pointing at the girl.

“Which reminds me, we haven’t had a proper introduction, have we?” Shao Xiang said this time.

Once more the girl flashed them her signature tooth commercial smile. She stepped forward and finally said, “I’m Wu Xiong. Pleasure to meet you.”

She lowered her head slightly to them as a sign of respect. Well, she was standing in front of members of High Society Families (except Wang Zi and Xiu), so it was the customary thing to do. The others in turned bowed their heads in the same manner.

“Wu Xiong? As in Wu 五 meaning five and Xiong 熊 as in bear?” George asked this time.

“Yeah, I know it’s a weird name, but it’s quite a long story to explain,” Wu Xiong said.

“Well, no actually,” GuiGui suddenly interrupted. “She got that name from her master because on her first practice she managed to hit five bears at once.”

“It’s not her real name by the way,” GuiGui added. “Everyone, please meet Miss Cai Yi Zhen, the second young mistress of the Cai Noble Family.”

As soon as they heard that, everyone immediately bowed 90 degrees and placed their hands in front of their heads to form gongshou, just like what the soldier just did.

“Second Young Mistress Cai, please forgive our rudeness,” George said while still in his position.

Everyone did not dare to move a muscle. After how they tread the young mistress, it would be a miracle that she would just let them live.

“What’s with the formality? Come on, rise. Just call me Wu Xiong, okay? Young Mistress is just too formal.” Wu Xiong complained. And with that, everyone slowly rose. When they finally stood up straight, Wu Xiong got a chance to look at them a little longer before finally commented, “Some of you are actually older than me. You should not bow that low.”

“It is just customary, Second Young Mistress Cai. President George Hu is at your service,” George said.

Benji was about to open his mouth next, but before words manage to come out, Wu Xiong immediately put her hand in front of him, signaling him to stop.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to cut you off, but please, let’s just drop the formality, okay? No young mistress or second young mistress, or anything close to that. No bowing, no gongshou, no anything. Just treat me like I’m your friend. Just talk and act around me without even thinking of the whole status hierarchy and all that formality stuff. Okay?” she said.

Everyone was about to bow their heads again, but quickly caught a glance of Wu Xiong’s glare and immediately changed the bow to a simple nod, which at the end brought smile to her face.

“Well young lady, aren’t you going to introduce me to your friends?” Wu Xiong asked while looking at GuiGui.

“Oh right. Well, let start from the guy standing closest to you. He is Wang Zi. He’s new here.” GuiGui started.

“Wang Zi?” Wu Xiong asked to GuiGui.

“Yep,” she replied while nodding her head.

Wu Xiong immediately walked to him and shook his hand. “Nice meeting you, Wang Zi.” she said with a smile plastered on her face.

“The girl standing next to him is Pets Ceng, my best friend. We met during my first day here and we’ve been best friends since,” GuiGui said with a smile.

Wu Xiong immediately hugged Pets as tight as she could while kept saying “Thank you! Thank you thank you thank you!! Thank you for taking care of little GuiGui for the last three years. I don’t know what will become of hers if you’re not around.”

“No, it’s alright. I like having a best friend like GuiGui. She’s special,” Pets replied.

“The five guys next to Pets is-”

“Wu Hu Jiang,” Wu Xiong cut in.

“Yes. Well, you already knew President Hu. Standing next to him is the leader of Wu Hu Jiang-”, GuiGui motioned to the guy next to George. He had similar features like George, but he was more muscular and he had darker and rounder eyes. His dark brown hair swept on the right, his fringe covering his ears. His eyebrows were thick and dark, making each glare much deathlier.

“Benji.” Wu Xiong cut in again.

“Yep. And the guy next to Pets is Lin Bo Yan, from the Lin Family. The guy next to Boyan is Li Shao Xiang from the Li Family. And the guy in the middle is Si Wei Hong Zheng.” GuiGui finished.

Boyan was the manliest guy in the room. He was taller than Benji, but not as tall as Calvin. He was not that muscular, but he had broad shoulders that girls dreamt of to lean on. His facial features were sharp and he had slightly square face. His hair was buzz cut on the side, forming a natural mohawk.

Shao Xiang was almost the opposite compared to Boyan. He was skinny and his features were soft. But he had this sharp jaws and an oval shaped face that made up for his slightly feminine features. And though he was not as muscular, his body was firm overall. He was somewhat normal, like Xiu, but a bit taller and with shorter hair.

Wu Xiong immediately shook hands with all of them, but suddenly stopped at Hong Zheng. She eyed him from head to toe and then continued to observe his facial features.

“Your name is Si Wei Hong Zheng?” Wu Xiong asked him.

“Yes. Is there something wrong?” he asked back.

Wu Xiong just stayed in silence and continued to stare at him.

Hong Zheng had the same body and height as Calvin, but he smiled more often and he had darker skin. His hair was longer than Calvin too. Most of his features were feminine and his body was not muscular like the others. And he had the plumpest pair of lips that looked like the ones Angelina Jolie had.

“Wu Xiong?” GuiGui called. The long intense gazing had been going for far too long that the atmosphere started to become awkward, and she needed to end that.

“Oh, nothing is wrong,” Wu Xiong said while letting go of his hand. “You’re just so pretty that I can’t help to stare. Pardon me,” she explained.

After letting go of Hong Zheng’s hand, Wu Xiong went to shake hands with Benji and then George. She also stopped for a moment when she was shaking hands with Benji, but that was probably because of his mesmerizing stare. There had been a legend throughout the Platinum Dimension that the leader of Wu Hu Jiang had this power over girls; that when he locked gaze with them, girls just could not turn their heads away and their hearts were stolen away by him. And when he turned his gaze away, the girls’ hearts literally broke. Perhaps the same thing happened to Wu Xiong right there and then.

After she shook hands with the two boys, the next one in line was Calvin. Unlike before, there was no cool wind radiating from either of them, just intense staring. GuiGui even needed to clear just to make the two of them stop staring to each other. And not the good kind of stare either.

“And this is,” GuiGui said as soon as Wu Xiong reached Xiu, “actually I don’t know who he is.”

“My name is Chen De Xiu, but you can call me Xiu,” Xiu introduced himself.

“As I recalled, Wu Xiong already knew that Xiu was Hei Ren’s disciple,” George said.

“Yes. I saw him a couple of times when I visited Hei Ren, but he was usually in the back so I didn’t really have a chance to meet him formally. Nice to meet you, Xiu,” Wu Xiong said.

“The pleasure is all mine,” Xiu said.

“Thank you for trying to save me,” GuiGui said.

“I didn’t do much. The one you should be thankful for is Wu Xiong. She’s the one who saved you,” Xiu explained.

“No, on the contrary, it was me who didn’t do much. You already did most of the work by pulling out the needle and restoring some of GuiGui’s power back,” Wu Xiong explained.

And then, silence. Well, it was quite awkward between them. Even though Wu Xiong already said that she wanted all of them to treat her as a friend and not as the second young mistress of the Cai Family, it was still hard because they are not accustomed by it.

“So, how’d the two of you know each other?” Pets suddenly said.

“GuiGui didn’t tell you?” Wu Xiong asked. “She’s—“

“UHK!!!” GuiGui suddenly coughed.

For a split second Wu Xiong looked over to her and saw a warning look upon GuiGui’s face.

“She’s my former classmate before she transferred here 3 years ago,” Wu Xiong continued.

“Former classmate? That means GuiGui went to Baijin 白金 Academy?” Shao Xiang asked.

“Yep,” Wu Xiong confirmed while nodding her head.

Everyone just gasped in awe. Baijin Academy, or sometimes known as the Platinum Academy was the best academy/school/university in the Platinum Dimension. It was also the first school to be established in the Platinum Dimension. It was a very prestigious school and not many people could enter. They needed to have certain qualifications.

One that stood out the most was that they had to be a member or had a relative that was a member of the Royal Family, Twelve Noble Families, or Honorable Families. Members of high society families were sometimes accepted but this only happened in special cases in which a member from Royals, Twelve Noble Families, or Honorable Families specifically asked the academy to accept that specific student.

However, even with special consideration, it was not that easy to enter because they also needed both intellectual and martial arts skills that could match the skills of Royals, Twelve Noble Families, or Honorable Families. Why? Because people that graduated from Platinum Academy would worked directly under them either in the military or in politics, administrating the dimension. That was why only Royals, Twelve Noble Families, and Honorable Families could immediately enter without any test. Since they were going to lead the Platinum Dimension in the future, their studies in Platinum Academy were a way of preparing them for that.

Initially people thought that entering Platinum Academy was a great honor, well it was, but with it also came with great responsibility and challenge, even those that were Royals or from Twelve Noble Families had troubles meeting the standards of Platinum Academy, but mostly the Royals.

You see, Platinum Academy had an unusual education system that was not quite the same as other schools in the dimension. This academy taught students from kindergarten to university, and usually the students stayed in the academy from kindergarten until they graduated university, so they interacted with the same people for almost their whole life. The academy did this so that the Royals and members of the Twelve Noble Families and the Honorable Families had good understanding of each other to make it easier for them in their work field.

Another thing that was unusual from this academy was the fact that it had different curriculum from other schools. Of course it was not that different. The students still learn everything that the other students from other schools learn, but they also need to study additional subjects that were uncommon, which were defense mechanism and strategy or commonly known as military subject, and politics and administration.

Of course, even if they had to take these additional subjects, not all of them had to take both. Only the Royals had to take both subjects as their major subjects. That was why it was even harder for them.

The members of Twelve Families had to take military as their major subject and political science as a minor and vice versa for members of the Honorable Families. This was because The Twelve Noble Families focuses on the safety of the Platinum Dimension, while the Honorable Families were in charge of doing the administration. For other students that were not from either three families mentioned, the same system applies; the difference was that they can choose their major/minor subject. And the subject they choose did not always have to be military or politics, it could be medicine, science, martial arts, weaponry (yes they also teach weaponry there), etc. But usually students that were hoping to work with Twelve Noble Families or have close relationship with them take military as a major and politics as minor, while vice versa for students that were closer to the Honorable Family.

Another thing that was unusual about this academy was the amount of field work they had to do. It was widely known that people who studied in Platinum Academy often went in and out of battle field. If not they also went in and out of the court room. Even though they were still rookies, their ability was not something that anyone could look down upon.

For all that reasons, many people have high respect for students that came from Platinum Academy, because not only entering it was hard, but surviving and graduating from it was also equally hard, if not harder. That was why everyone gasped when they heard that GuiGui went there before.

And the fact that they thought GuiGui was an orphan made them even more surprised because it showed that GuiGui entered Platinum Academy out of scholarship, which was 100 times harder than regular students (from royals and etc.), and also 50 times harder than special consideration students (from high society families). Why? Because other than having high intelligence skills AND highly martial arts skills and strategic mind, they also had to have recommendation letters from a member of the Royal Family. If not, then they had to have recommendation letters from members from both Twelve Noble Families and Honorable Families.

It was confusing when you think about it, and it was. But hey, we were learning about culture from another dimension, it was bound to get confusing, so bear with me.

While Wu Xiong was busy explaining upon how she and GuiGui came to know each other, everyone had taken their seats. Wu Hu Jiang sat on the couch, Wu Xiong sat next to GuiGui, Pets sat on GuiGui’s bed, Wang Zi and Xiu already grab chairs for themselves, and Calvin kept his cool image by just standing and leaning against the wall with his arms crossed.

“Wow, Gui, I never thought you were that awesome, being able to enter Platinum Academy with a scholarship,” Hong Zheng commented while munching a banana, which earned a simple nod from her.

“So, what are you doing here anyway?” GuiGui asked, turning her head to face Wu Xiong who was currently peeling oranges.

“I just transferred here,” Wu Xiong said.

“What?!” Everyone shouted.

“Hey, what’s with the shock faces? Can’t I transfer here?” Wu Xiong asked.

“Well, of course you can, but why? You didn’t do something irrationally stupid in the academy, did you?” GuiGui asked back with her eyes wide open.

“Even if I did, they can’t do anything about it anyway,” Wu Xiong answered casually, which made GuiGui raised both her eyebrows.

“Relax, okay?” Wu Xiong continued, “After you left 3 years ago life at campus was not that exciting anymore. So I transferred here.”

GuiGui kept looking at her with suspicious eyes. Having known her for years now, she knew when Wu Xiong was telling the truth or not.

“And there was this incident while I was in the battle field last time that made everyone worried and ordered me to leave.”

“Everyone?” GuiGui asked again.

“Yes everyone. I don’t know why, I kept telling them I’m a big girl and can take care of myself yet they still treated me like a kid. The say they are all worried that I might get killed and all those crap. So, they transferred me here so that I can’t go to the battle field anymore,” she said with annoyance, crossing her arms across her chest.

“It’s just odd that they transferred you here and not to other places,” GuiGui asked.

“Hey, my brother-in-law is part owner of this school, so of course he told me to transfer here. I guess he was able to convince my sister that making me go here will make it easier for them to monitor me. You know, so I don’t runaway and went to battle again.”

“Yeah, I get the point. And may I remind you, it’s still future brother-in-law. They aren’t even married yet,” GuiGui corrected.

“Who’s your brother-in-law?” Calvin asked suddenly.

“Do you know Jiro Wang Dong Cheng, first in line as the heir of the Wang Family, or sometimes like to be preferred as Young Master Da Dong?” Wu Xiong asked, in which the others replied with a nod. “He’s my sister fiancé. If you did not realize this, the ‘Dong’ from ‘Dong Wu Academy’ represents his name.”

And for the nth time, everyone gasped in disbelief. There really were a lot of surprises for them that day, and perhaps even more to come.