Help Comes

The Morning Star, Venus

Pets kept tapping her foot while waiting outside the infirmary. To her front was Wang Zi, who was anxiously waiting like she was. Next to her was the student body president, George Hu. And next to Wang Zi, standing still with his arms crossed in front of his chest, Dong Wu Academy’s top fighter, Calvin Chen. The dean also waited with them a little while, but after a few minutes, he finally decided to go back to his office to finish some paperwork regarding the attack.

As Pets looked at the boys surrounding her, she could not help but to wonder. Okay, she understands that Wang Zi was there because GuiGui practically saved his life, thus he owed her; and she was naturally there because being the loyal best friend that she was, she was extremely worried; but what about the other two boys? As far as she knew it, GuiGui never had any encounter with any of them. So why were they doing there?

But before Pets could ask those questions that had been bothering her for the last half an hour, the doctor in charge of the infirmary opened the door and walked towards them. Pets along with the other boys quickly gathered around him.

“Doc,” Pets started.

“Is she alright?” Wang Zi suddenly cut in.

The doctor relieved a deep sigh and hung his head low. That was not a good sign and the four of them knew that.

“I honestly don’t know what happen to her. It really looks like she is sleeping, but after further tests, it shows that her internal organs have been aging rapidly. If this continues, she might not make it by the next month,” he explained.

“WHAT!?” the four shouted.

“Aren’t you a doctor? Aren’t you supposed to bring her back to health?” Calvin asked while grabbing the doctor’s collar.

“I—I’m sorry. But I don’t know what cause those changes in her body, so I don’t know what to do. I’m really sorry,” the doctor stuttered. He was taken completely by surprise with Calvin’s action.

The others too were shocked. As far as they knew it, Calvin was a top fighter because he had always been able to keep cool, even while fighting. So, why was he all worked up over GuiGui?

“Calvin, let go,” George said while grabbing Calvin’s hands.

Calvin kept staring at the doctor with his murderous eyes. But George tightened his grip and kept staring at Calvin. Calvin turned his head from the doctor. As soon as his eyes locked with George, he realized that he had just gone too far. He turned around and found both Pets and Wang Zi were also staring at him. He turned his gaze back to the doctor and then to his hand on the doctor’s shirt.

“I’m sorry, doc,” Calvin said while slowly releasing his grip. George did not waste time to release his grip from Calvin’s hand too.

“No, it’s alright,” the doctor said while straightening his shirt. But everyone knew that the doctor was nervous as hell just moments ago. He was probably just saying that so that he did not get into Calvin’s bad side again.

“You guys can go in if you like, but she still asleep, so try not to disturb her.” And with that the doctor left.

The four of them nodded to him. As soon as the doctor left, the four of them looked at each other, waiting for the others to take the first step. But when no one moved, Calvin, Wang Zi, and George, immediately stepped forward.

“Wait!” Pets suddenly shouted.

The three boys just stood still and then turned their heads to look at her. Pets slowly walked towards them, their eyes following her every move. And then, she stopped just in front of the door, blocking everyone from entering. With her legs spread out and both hands on her waist, she looks as confident as the time she and Wang Zi almost destroyed their class in their death glare. Her intense dark eyes, slender body, and short boyish pixie cut dark brown hair, really made her look tough. Wait, rephrase that. She is tough.

“What do you guys think you’re doing?” Pets asked.

“Isn’t it obvious? I want to see her of course,” Wang Zi answered. Having the same intention, Calvin and George just nodded.

“As far as I know it, GuiGui doesn’t like crowded area, especially crowded by the people she doesn’t know too well,” Pets said.

“What are you trying to say?” George asked this time.

“Of course, I’m allowed to enter since I’m her best friend, but you three, I don’t think so.”

“Come on, Pets. I know we started off not so good, but you have to let me in. She’s like this because she saved me. I owe her my life! I have to see how she’s doing. Please,” Wang Zi pleaded.

Pets just stared at him for a while and then turned her gaze to George who was standing next to Wang Zi, waiting for him to say something.

“The dean asked me to take charge, so of course I need to know what happen to GuiGui. The dean would like to know what happen to her,” George explained.

Pets stared at him for a while before finally shifting her gaze towards the last person in the line, Calvin.

“I’m her mentor when she first transferred here and I promised her then that I would help her in anything she needs. Now that her condition is like this, I have to help her, don’t you think?”

“You? Her mentor?” Pets asked while raising an eyebrow.

“If you don’t believe me, you can check the faculty records.” Calvin said.

Pets eyed them one by one once more, starting from Calvin and then George, and lastly Wang Zi. Finally, she let out a sigh and nodded.

“Okay, you three can go in, but--- you!” Pets said while pointing her index finger at Wang Zi. “I don’t want any of your obnoxious attitudes around me. I don’t want to get agitated and start a war with you when I suppose to take care of GuiGui. Understand?”

Wang Zi slowly gulped his saliva and nodded. Boy was she scary.

“You!” she said while moving her finger to George’s face. “I know you’re the student body president and I suppose to respect you, but I don’t want you to act like you have any authority around here. Inside, I’m the one in charge and everything that I say, go. Got it?”

George just nodded. Although on the outside he looks tough, in actuality, cold sweats started dripping down his back. Pets’ threat was scary, and if he ever doubted her strength before, all those doubts were immediately wiped away with what she just said to him.

“And you!” she shouted while turning to Calvin. “I know you’re a top fighter and all, but I don’t want you to lose your temper like that again. If you do, I’m not going to have second thought on throwing you out of that room and preventing you from ever seeing her again. Okay?”

Calvin just stared at her. Of course there was no way she could throw him out. Even if she wanted to, she could not. She was not strong enough to fight him. Nevertheless, her threat sent chills down his spine and he slightly nodded in understanding.

Pets stared the three of them once more before finally turning her body to face the door. She slowly turned the door knob and opened the door. As soon as she saw GuiGui’s sleeping form on the bed in the middle of the room, Pets quickly rushed to her side.

When she got close she could see the changes in her best friend’s body. Even though it was not much, but having known her for three years had made her familiar with her features. She was sleeping so peacefully that people who just saw her would think that nothing was wrong. But Pets knew better. She could see GuiGui’s face becoming paler than usual, her eyebrows knotted, indicating that she was stressing in her sleep. The cold sweats concealed by her bangs shows how much she suffered from the stress.

Wang Zi, George, and Calvin quickly followed Pets. Wang Zi was the first to arrive. Standing across Pets, he could see the concern in her face over her best friend who was still lying unconscious. Calvin walked towards Pets’ side and stood beside her, also observing GuiGui who looked like she was just sleeping. George just stood beside Wang Zi, wondering why on earth his heart ached when he saw GuiGui lying lifelessly in front of him.

Pets slowly reached GuiGui’s hand and held it in hers. “Gui, what’s wrong with you?” she asked, concern in her voice.

Wang Zi just looked at the heroine in front of him. He slowly tucked a few loose strains of GuiGui’s hair behind her ears. She was indeed beautiful. Her full pouty lips, her big expressive eyes, her rounded face, her smooth long dark brown hair, everything about her makes him want to protect her no matter what, and yet here he is, standing beside her unconscious form after she rescued him. Talk about losing his pride.

George’s heart tightened when he saw the intimate gesture in front of him. He knew his position there was nothing more than just the dean’s replacement, but still he could not help but to wonder how gorgeous and courageous GuiGui was. The way she held that force field to protect herself and Wang Zi was really admirable.

Calvin eyed GuiGui carefully. Ever since he met her when she lost her way around the campus three years ago, he had promised her that he would look after her. Even though she thought that he had just said it during her orientation week, but it was not the case for him. She was like the sister he never had and looking after her was the right thing to do in his mind. That was why he immediately applied to be her mentor that day. And even if she did not realize this, over the past years he had been secretly watching over her, protecting her.

As the four of them look at GuiGui who was peacefully lying on the bed, only one thing came up to their minds, one thing that determined what they will do next. ‘I need to seek help.’

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been exactly one week since GuiGui passed out and nothing had changed. One thing that changed was the fact that they moved GuiGui from the campus infirmary to the campus hospital. Everything else stayed the same. It was getting frustrating, not just on Pets, but on everyone else.

Wang Zi, Calvin, and George had been regularly visited her during their free time, just to watch over her progress. Over the past week, the doctors had tried everything to find out what had caused GuiGui’s internal organ to age rapidly, but still, they had not find the answer. Of course, that did not make them want to give up. Calvin, George, and Wang Zi, even tried to find other doctors from all over the place that could help them cure GuiGui, but every doctor that they brought always had the same result, nothing.

They tried contacting almost everyone they knew just to come up with some solutions to the problem, everyone except GuiGui’s relatives. It turned out that no one, not even Pets knew where GuiGui’s relatives were and who they were. This really surprised everyone, even Pets herself, because she finally realized that after three years of friendship GuiGui was still not open about her family. She never talked or just mentioned them to anyone.

George was also caught by surprise. He was the student body president, so he had all the information regarding everything about the students, even if it was classified. But he did not find a single clue about GuiGui. The only thing available in the school files were her name and date of birth. Regarding everything else, it was just a big blob.

This made everyone wonder on who exactly she was. No one, not even Pets, really knew the ‘real’ her and all information about herself was just blank. How did she even manage to enter Dong Wu Academy? Even Si Wei Hong Zheng who was an orphan still had to provide personal information about himself to enter. And even though that information was not as much as anybody else’s, it was a lot more than what GuiGui had to offer.

But of course, with regards of GuiGui’s health, they quickly put that problem behind and concentrated on finding the cure, or at least finding anyone that knew the cure.

It was just yesterday when the rest of Wu Hu Jiang came back to the campus and immediately they joined in to help. They felt in some way in debt to GuiGui because it was her who protected the campus, not them. Benji had been calling all his past and present girlfriends to find a suitable doctor. Shao Xiang had been asking his mom, who was a head doctor for his family’s army, to find a cure for GuiGui and even asked some of his mom’s staffs, if not his mom herself, to come to the hospital and treat GuiGui personally. Bo Yan even asked the whole Lin Clan to help. He had already asked his older brothers and sisters, from Jimmy Lin the oldest, to Ruby Lin, and then JJ Lin. Even Ariel who had just gotten engaged did not escape him. Hong Zheng was even more determined. After paying respect to his deceased master, he brought home books and books of thousand years of martial arts and medical history. He spent the entire time from the moment he learnt about GuiGui’s condition till now reading those books to find the answer.

However, no matter how hard they tried, they were never able to find the answer to what GuiGui’s dealing with. All doctors and solutions they came up with ended up the same, failure.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BANG!

The loud sound had immediately startled all the people in the room. They were all just barely able to close their eyes for a second and that loud bang had completely surprised them to the point that they were scared to close their eyes again. Pets immediately looked up to see what happened. GuiGui was still sleeping peacefully without any changes around her face. Pets had just rested her head on GuiGui’s bed a few seconds ago. She really missed her best friend, and staying in the hospital room with her like this was the only way she could cope with it.

She turned her head to look around the whole room. She could see Wang Zi beginning to sit up straight. Benji was still on the floor with his legs crossed, but his eyes have already wide opened.

‘He must have been meditating’ Pets thought.

Then she saw Shao Xiang starting to stretch himself against the chair. She looked to the corner of the room and found Calvin and George sitting back to back of each other.

‘They must have been leaning against each other while they were sleeping.’ she thought again.

She looked more carefully at every inch of the room and found Bo Yan sitting on his chair with his elbows rested on the table in front of him and his head rested on his hands. He was probably the calmest one out of all of them to not react on such a loud bang. His breathing was still subtle and his eyes were wide open. Pets looked closely at him, not leaving her place. She slowly heard soft snores escaped from his mouth.

‘He is sleeping with his eyes open!’ she shouted in her mind.

She quickly shook her head slightly. Still not quite believing what she saw.  Then she turned to look at Hong Zheng who was standing in front of the table. He was breathing rapidly and he kept holding a big book that was now placed on the table, right in front of Bo Yan. Pets quickly frowned.

‘How could Bo Yan still asleep with that loud bang directly in front of him?’ she asked herself as she shook her head in disbelief.

“I finally got it!” Hong Zheng exclaimed.

Everyone’s eyes immediately widen upon hearing this. Well, everyone except Bo Yan of course. The others quickly got up from their seats and immediately huddled up around the round table in the middle of the room. There they stood and waited for Hong Zheng to speak. Everyone else could see how tired he was from searching for an answer. Those panda eyes were a dead giveaway.

As Hong Zheng about to speak up, he suddenly turned to Bo Yan, who was still sitting in front of him, sleeping with his eyes wide open. The others followed his stare and Shao Xiang, who was standing next to Bo Yan, quickly hit Bo Yan’s head, causing him to lose balance and finally woke up.

“Ouch! What did you do that for?” he asked while rubbing his head.

“Bo Yan, everyone is already wide awake and you’re still sleeping, of course Shao Xiang has to do that to wake you,” Pets said.

“Hong Zheng has found an answer,” Benji said calmly.

He had always been this calm every time. That was why he is the leader of Wu Hu Jiang. Do not get the wrong idea. Of course they respected George as the student body president, but internally they all respect Benji as their leader.

“Really?!” Bo Yan said while standing up from his seat. “What did you get?” he continued.

Hong Zheng just nodded and then opened the big book in front of them. The leather case was filled with ancient writings and dust. The pages were already torn and had that old book smell. But everyone could worry about the physicality of that book later. Finding the answer to GuiGui’s condition was more important.

“Here,” Hong Zheng said while pointing at something written in the book.

Everyone slowly leaned closer to take a look.

“It says here that in Huang Jing Mountain live a great doctor that can cure almost anything he touches. Maybe he can help,” he continued.

“Hong Zheng, not be a kill joy or anything, but that book is ancient. Don’t you think that the doctor is already dead by now?” George commented.

“Yu Wei, I’m not that stupid, okay? I already read about that doctor. He is somehow immortal, so I know that if we searched for him, we can find him and GuiGui can be cured.” Hong Zheng explained.

George just nodded. Only Wu Hu Jiang called him by his Chinese name, Hu Yu Wei. But they usually did that when they were not in a good mood. And seeing that Hong Zheng had not been sleeping well, George knew that he was not in a good mood.

“The problem is Huang Jing Mountain is not that close to here. It would take minimum three days to get there. Other than that, it says here that the doctor doesn’t really like visitors so he set up a lot of y-trap along the way,” Hong Zheng explained.

Everyone was silent, thinking of what Hong Zheng just said.

“I think it’s worth the try,” Calvin suddenly spoke.

“Of course it’s worth to try!” Bo Yan exclaimed. “Now, who should go?”

“Of course I shall go. GuiGui is like this because she saved me. I’m responsible for bringing her back to health,” Wang Zi said.

“No, I’m going. I’m her mentor and already promised I would protect her. I should be the one finding the cure for her,” Calvin reasoned out.

“No, I should go. I’m the student body president and the well-being of the students is my responsibility,” George said.

“Then I should go too. I’m the leader of Wu Hu Jiang. I’m supposed to protect the students but instead I went away and caused GuiGui to suffer like this,” Benji said.

“Then we go too.” Bo Yan, Hong Zheng, and Shao Xiang said in union.

Perhaps it was the stress getting to them because everyone that usually calm became so agitated and kept saying ‘I should go’ towards each other. Only Pets remained quiet, and just watched as the boys quarrel among each other.

“STOP!” Pets suddenly shouted. Everyone suddenly went quiet and just looked at her.

“You all should go. All of you are not going to do anything good if you just stayed here and quarrel. You’re wasting time on saving GuiGui. Hong Zheng said that the place is dangerous. One person alone may not able to survive it so you all need the help you can get. I don’t care what you are going to say next, if you stay here, you guys will just end up disturbing GuiGui. Go now before I ban you from seeing her ever again!”

And with that all the boys quickly scrambled away and left.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It took them three days, three hours, three minutes, and three seconds to finally make it to Huang Jing Mountain. The journey was not as tough as what Hong Zheng had said. In fact, when they finally reached the mountain, there was no y-traps along the way. However, when they finally reached the top of the mountain, just where the great doctor lived, they found the surprise they never expect.

Standing in front of them, just outside the great doctor’s mansion (Yep, there was a mansion on top that mountain and the great doctor actually lived there), a guy, just about their age. His black hair runs smoothly, framing his face. He was not as beautiful as Wang Zi, or as tall as Calvin. He looked normal, but there was something in the way he looked at people that could mesmerize them. It was intense and deep. It was like he was looking straight to your soul. Of course, the one thing surprised Wu Hu Jiang, Calvin, and Wang Zi, was not the way he look, but the fact that he actually wore a doctor suit.

“Excuse me, are you the great doctor?” Hong Zheng finally spoke.

The guy just let out a smirk. “Of course,” he said. Everyone’s faces immediately lite up. Finally, hope. “Not,” the guy added.

And in an instant, their faces fell. What a lame joke to play on people who was already stressed out and not in the mood for a joke.

“Then, can we see the great doctor?” Shao Xiang asked.

The guy just let out a sigh. “I’m sorry, but you guys were just a few minutes to late. He just passed away minutes ago.”

And that killed them, their last hope gone.

“No, that’s impossible, the great doctor is immortal,” George reasoned out.

“He was immortal. The great doctor slowly lose his life force when the King and Queen, bless their souls, died protecting the Platinum Dimension fifteen years ago. And just--” he looked at his watch, “fifteen minutes ago mark the fifteen years of him slowly losing his life force. Thus, he died.”

Everyone tried to absorb what the guy just said. This was it. Now GuiGui will never be awake and will slowly die in her sleep.

“May I asked what is your business coming here?” the guy asked.

“We are students from Dong Wu Academy. We are here to seek help from the great doctor. Our friend is ill. Her internal organs are aging rapidly after she got attacked. We were hoping that the great doctor can cure her,” Wang Zi said.

The guy just nodded.

“Well, I think there’s no point in staying here,” Benji said.

Just as they were about to leave, the guy shouted to them “Wait!”

Everyone immediately turned around to face him.

“If you’re willing to let me, I might be able to help your friend,” he said.

“And who are you exactly to be able to help our friend?” Calvin asked.

“My name is Chen De Xiu. People usually called me Xiu. Chen Jian Zhou or usually known as Hei Ren is my master. He is what you guys know as---“

“The great doctor,” Hong Zheng cut in.

“Yes,” Xiu said while nodding his head. “Even though I’m not immortal like my master, but he had taught me everything he knew about anything regarding medicine. So if you let me, I think I’m able to help.”

“That’s great! Then you have to come with us,” Bo Yan exclaimed.

Just as the seven of them about to grab Xiu and take him with them, Xiu put his right hand in front of them and stopped them.

“However, I have a price for my treatment,” he said while lowering his hand.

“Just name your price. We will pay you as much as you want,” George said.

Xiu slowly shook his head. “I’m not that shallow. My price has nothing to do with the amount of money you guys have.”

“Then what do you want?” Calvin asked. He was getting irritated by the second.

“I will treat your friend under one condition.” he said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Are you sure he is able to treat GuiGui? He doesn’t look like a doctor,” Pets whispered to no one in particular.

They had already arrived in GuiGui’s suite in the hospital and Xiu was busy doing some check-ups on GuiGui. Pets was quite smitten the first time she met Xiu, but was taken aback when Bo Yan told her not to flirt with him because he was there to cure GuiGui.

“Yeah. He is the great doctor’s—“ Shao Xiang said.

“Hei Ren,” Calvin corrected.

“Whatever— He is Hei Ren’s disciple. He said Hei Ren had taught him everything he knows about curing people, so he might be able to help us.” Shao Xiang continued.

“But are you sure he’s a nice guy? He asked something in return for treating GuiGui, wasn’t he?” Pets asked.

“That’s not important. As of now, GuiGui’s health is our priority,” Wang Zi said.

Pets nodded upon hearing this. “What’s his condition again?”

“He said that he’s willing to treat GuiGui if he’s allowed to enter Dong Wu Academy,” George said.

“Why didn’t he just enter himself?” Pets asked again.

“He said he was not of high blood so he can’t enter. He can’t get a scholarship either because the academy doesn’t offer scholarships to people with good medical background,” George answered.

“Such a pity, seeing how he works, I’m guessing he is really a good doctor, better than what we have here. Why the board of the university doesn’t offer scholarships to people with medical background anyway?” Wang Zi commented.

“They do,” Shao Xiang answered. Wang Zi immediately raised an eyebrow. “But people with that kind of scholarship do not go to Dong Wu Academy. Instead, they are enrolled in Tian Pei Academy, a sister academy to this academy. My mom was in charge there once.”

Wang Zi just nodded in understanding. The others just stayed still while they are watching Xiu doing his works. He had finished doing the general check-ups and was starting to put acupuncture needles on GuiGui’s arms, face, ears, and legs.

Pets slowly turned her head to look at the seven guys beside her. She had been noticing something odd about the seven of them but she just was not able to figure what was odd about them.

“Ah!” She shouted, distracting everyone, except Xiu. Everyone immediately turned their heads to face her. Xiu on the other hand, was still busy treating GuiGui. He had tilted her head so she faced the wall, instead the ceiling, and he was doing some hand works around her body. By the looks of it, it seemed like he was either some poisonous aura away from her body or transferring positive energy inside her body.

“How come you guys do not seem to get hurt? Aren’t there supposed to be y-traps along your way there?” Pets asked.

“The traps were gone when we got there. Apparently, when Hei Ren died, the traps lost their powers,” Benji answered this time.

Suddenly they heard coughing sound. They all turned their heads and immediately saw the sleeping GuiGui coughing. Everyone quickly gathered around her. But before they got to close, Xiu stopped them.

“No. It’s dangerous. Step back before anything happens to you guys,” Xiu warned them.

They just nodded and followed his order. Moments later, GuiGui kept coughing and it got worse by the second. Her body started to glow, but it was not a good kind of glow. It was something different. Her body started to let out a red glow and the glow was blinking. It made her look like a big neon light.

“Are you sure she’s alright?” Pets asked in concern.

“Just trust me on this,” Xiu said assuring her.

Pets quickly zipped and so did the others. They kept watching GuiGui coughed, harder by the second. And when it seemed like her cough was bad enough, suddenly a thick red fluid came out from .

“Are you sure she’ll be alright? She’s coughing blood for goodness’ sake!” George said while pointing at the pool of blood beside GuiGui’s face.

“George, just trust him,” Benji said while squishing his shoulder. George looked up to meet his eyes and then nodded.

GuiGui had finally stopped coughing and the red glow has already disappeared. She really looks like she was just sleeping now. No beads of sweats, no tension in her eyebrow, everything looks peaceful.

Xiu took a careful look at the pool of blood and using his medical tweezers, he pulled out something from it. He slowly raised it up to his face and examined it. Everyone looked carefully at what he was holding. It was a black needle.

“This, everyone, is the cause of GuiGui’s rapid aging,” Xiu said.

“What is that?” Calvin asked.

“This is a poisonous needle. When struck by it, the victim will immediately die. It is amazing that GuiGui has able to withstand it till this long,” Xiu answered.

“But how is that,” Bo Yan said while pointing at the needle, “able to get into her body?”

Xiu looked carefully at the needle and then looked at GuiGui.

“Well, according to what Wang Zi told me during our way here. I can assume that this needle was in one of Ao Quan’s attacks,” Xiu answered again.

 “I don’t understand,” Pets said this time.

“Well, by what Wang Zi told me. Ao Quan attacked him with a series of ‘black’ attacks, right?” Xiu asked in confirmation. The others just nod as an answer. “I assumed that he concealed hundreds and hundreds of needles in those attacks. It was lucky for you that you did not get hit by one of those needles.”

“So that’s why she said that Ao Quan was cheating,” Wang Zi said.

“What do you mean?” Bo Yan asked.

“When she suddenly shielded me off, she said that Ao Quan was cheating. I don’t understand what she meant, but now I do. She said Ao Quan was cheating because he was using those needles as his weapon and we were in an unarmed combat,” Wang Zi explained.

“GuiGui is not a girl that we can underestimate. She was able to see those needles when no one could. That really shows something.” Benji commented.

The others just nodded in agreement.

“But wait. GuiGui was using force field when she protected Wang Zi. How was that single needle able to penetrate her body?” Hong Zheng asked.

“My guess is that she was too late by a millisecond in putting her force field. That is why this needle able to get inside her body,” Xiu said.

“Xiu, why isn’t she awake yet?” Pets asked.

“Her body is still weak from fighting the poison,” he answered.

Everyone just stayed still. Well, at least GuiGui’s rapid aging has finally stopped.

“But this might help,” Xiu asked while pulling something out from his brief case.

Everyone looked at it carefully. He had been pulling stuffs from his brief case the moment he arrived there, from his stethoscope, to acupuncture needles, and now a small white bottle.

Xiu pulled out the cap from the glass bottle and opened GuiGui’s mouth. Carefully, he dropped just one drop of the liquid from the bottle to . The liquid was silver and thick, like liquid mercury. After Xiu closes , he put the cap back to the bottle and put it away in his brief case. And then he waited.

“What is supposed to happen?” Bo Yan asked.

“She supposed to wake up,” Xiu answered.

“But she isn’t,” Bo Yan said again.

“I can see that,” Xiu said.

“What is that thing?” Calvin asked this time.

“That my friend is the source of Hei Ren’s immortality,” Xiu answered. Everyone’s eyes immediately widen.

“Source of immortality?” Wang Zi repeated.

“Yes. That is the legendary spring water from the Platinum Spring located in the ruins of the old castle. This liquid supposed to be able to cure anything and give immortality, but I guess it doesn’t work anymore,” Xiu explained.

“But you said it was Hei Ren’s source of immortality?” Shao Xiang asked.

“Yes, but he drank this more than fifteen years ago, when the king and queen, bless their souls, were still alive. As I’ve already told you, Hei Ren’s life force slowly decreased during these past fifteen years. So I guess this spring water does not have any more effects either.”

Everyone just stayed quiet. If the spring water did not work, then GuiGui had no chance of waking up.

“Let me try something else,” Xiu said.

Everyone just stayed put, waiting for what he was going to do next. Xiu quickly told everyone to form a circle around GuiGui’s bed and put their hands forward. He told everyone that maybe, just maybe, by transferring their powers; it could help GuiGui to restore some of her power and waking her up. Everyone just followed Xiu’s direction and within seconds rays of colorful strings were moving from their hands towards GuiGui’s body. Even Xiu who was not as powerful as the others pitched in on transferring his power to GuiGui.

After a few minutes, they could see GuiGui’s fingers started to move. At that point, Xiu finally told them to stop. They immediately retreat their hands, sweats slowly forming on their foreheads. Even though transferring power was not a hard job, but it still required energy and it caused the person’s energy to get drained. It was like giving blood. It was not hard but after you did it, it made you feel weak, like all your energy left your body.

“Why isn’t she waking up?” Calvin said after a few minutes of waiting.

Xiu just starred at the sleeping form in front of him. “I honestly don’t know. It supposed to work. But how come it didn’t?” he said, disappointment in his voice.

Everyone’s head hung low. If Xiu could not help them, then no one could. All hope had gone.

Xiu was not taking it lightly either. This was the first time he had failed. This means that he did not only fail to meet his deceased master’s expectation, but most importantly he had failed himself.

“I’m sorry I can’t help you guys. I’ll be going back to Huang Jin Mountain to further my studies. You don’t need to help me enrolled here since I can’t help your friend,” Xiu said.

Xiu immediately packed all his stuff in his brief case. But before he left the room, George stopped him.

“You can enter Dong Wu Academy if you want,” George said.

“No, I can’t. I can’t help you so there is no need in helping me enter,” Xiu said.

“Xiu, you have been the greatest help we got. Even though GuiGui is still unconscious, but at least you stopped her organs from aging and preventing her from dying,” Wang Zi said.

“Yes, and as far as my observation goes, you actually can enter Dong Wu Academy without our help,” Benji said.

“What do you mean?” Xiu asked; his face immediately lite up.

“You’re a genius when it comes to medicine but your martial arts skill is not that great,” Benji stated.

Xiu was about to say that he already knew that, but before he could say that, Benji continued. “However, your knowledge surpass anyone here and not just in medical term. Your knowledge can give advantages to the troops during battle because you’re able to give them complete information about the enemies’ weakness and strength regarding their attacks, poisons, and body works. You’re also able to give information regarding the battle field. Your years and years of training in that mountain give you the advantages in dealing with enemies in unusual circumstances.”

“I don’t understand,” Pest said.

“To cut it short, what Benji was trying to say, is that Xiu has amazing field work ability. And since he never works with specific people in particular, he managed to find each enemy’s weaknesses and strengths without being biased,” Bo Yan explained.

“Are you sure I’m able to enter? But I didn’t do much help. I cannot make her conscious again. What are we going to do?” Xiu asked.

Even though he was going to be able to enter Dong Wu Academy, which was his long life dream, he still felt in debt to them because he was not able to cure GuiGui.

And right before anyone could say anything more, the door suddenly flung open, revealing a petite young woman just about their age. She stepped forward, blocking the door way. She eyed them one by one before finally flashing them with her tooth paste commercial smile and said “Maybe I can help.”