The New Student

The Morning Star, Venus

The gentle breezes coming from outside the window really did not help people to concentrate. It was a very nice day to go out and just lay over a grass field, overlooking the clouds in the sky. It was the perfect day to just sit back and relax. And yet, somehow our heroine ended up in the middle of a boring class room, overlooking the ever-so-boring white board in front of her. She turned her head to the window and then to her wrist watch. 

'Only five minutes? Why is today goes by so slow?' she thought as she relieved the nth sigh.

She looked up at her teacher and caught a glimpse of him yawning away.

'If the lecturer is not even interested for this lecture, why is there even any lecture this day?' she thought again and yet again relieved a sigh. If she could earn money by just sighing away, she would be loaded this day.

She turned her head towards her right and saw her best friend of three years, Pets Ceng, still diligent as always, writing everything that the teacher had said. She then turned her gaze to observe the whole class room and shook her head.

'Oh Pets, what are you doing? No one is paying attention, even the teacher. And you are still writing?' she thought while shaking her head.

As she landed her head on her table and turned her attention at the bright blue sky, she could not help to wonder how beautiful the day was and yet she still had a feeling that something might come and ruin it. Well, she hoped not. It was rare to have a peaceful day in the Platinum Dimension, very rare. As another deep sigh escaped from , her eyelids started to become heavy. That late night chatting really did not help her beauty sleep. As soon as a yawned slipped out from , she drifted off to dreamland.

However, her brief peaceful sleep was soon interrupted by the knock on the classroom door. Well, it was not only her who got irritated, most of the class did. Who even dare to interrupt their 'peaceful' class in the middle of the day?

When the door swung open, a guy, around twenty years old stepped into the class. It does not take a genius to point out that he was just simply gorgeous and it seemed that the other girls noticed this too. He was not that tall and not that well-built either. His hair was light brown and was long enough to reach the back of his neck. His fringe fell over his forehead and his side burns covered his ears, framing his face beautifully. With his mesmerizing eyes, milky white skin, confident walk, and overall coolness, you had to be a fool not to take an interest on him, especially since he looked like someone who directly came out from a Japanese Manga.

"You must be the new student," the teacher said.

The new guy just nodded. The girls just sighed in awe of his coolness.

"You can introduce yourself if you want," the teacher said again.

The new guy turned his attention to the class. After observing the class for a few seconds, he finally opened his mouth. "You can call me Wang Zi," he said with flat tone.

Whispers could be heard throughout the whole class as soon as he mentioned his name; and not just from the girls, but from the boys too. Wang Zi let out a small smile upon seeing this. This had always happened every time he introduced himself. And yet, it was kind of pleasing to see people take note on him on their very first encounter with him. He looked around the class and observed his new classmates one by one. Some were still whispering and some was just watching him with closely. Suddenly his gaze stopped at a particular girl that did not seem to notice him. Her gaze was still on the bright blue sky outside.

'This is new,' he thought as he watched the girl got lost in her own thoughts.

"Okay," the teacher said, snapping Wang Zi back to reality and away from the mysterious girl. "You will sit on that empty seat behind GuiGui," the teacher pointed out.

Hearing her name being called out, our heroine, aka the mysterious girl that had not been paying attention to anything that happened recently, immediately looked up to the teacher. To her surprise, instead of locking gaze with her teacher, she looked deeply to the most mesmerizing eyes she had ever seen. Just for a moment there, she could only feel the intensity of the gaze from the guy who was completely unknown to her.

Wang Zi immediately looked towards the direction the teacher had pointed out. And as soon as he turned his head to the seat that he was going to sit on for the rest of the semester, his eyes immediately locked to a particular pair of brown eyes. Those huge brown eyes are the cutest thing that he had ever laid eyes on. He looked closely to the person who had shared his gaze and immediately recognized her as the girl that ignored him. The part of being ignored really did not make him favor her, even though she did have the most beautiful eyes he had ever laid eyes on.

"GuiGui? What kind of name is that?" he blurted out.

GuiGui did not answer him and just turned her gaze away from him and backed to the sky. She did not care what people think about her name. She loved it. And even though it was a weird name, she was not going to change it.

"Speak for yourself. What kind of name is yours? Wang Zi? Who are you? The long lost heir or the crown prince?" someone suddenly said in a mocking tone. (Note: Wang Zi 王子 means Prince in Chinese)

Wang Zi turned his head towards the direction where the voice was coming from and immediately locked gaze with a short haired girl. Her eyes are burning with anger. Her gaze was so sharp that everyone else in the class was sure that Wang Zi was going to die any minute now if he does not turn away. The way she hold her poise and glare at Wang Zi, really made her look tough, in which she was.

"I'm sorry, but that information is classified," he said in his usual flat tone.

Wang Zi continued to glare at the girl when she did not reply him. The once peaceful morning had already changed into a death glare battle and neither of them wanted to quit.

"Okay, enough!" the teacher shouted after looking at the two back and forth. They both immediately turned their gaze away from each other and to the teacher. The teacher slowly gulped his saliva. Thinking of how he should not be a teacher. This was just bad. The room was now being a death glare battlefield, with him as the victim!

"Okay students. Enough," the teacher said again with a softer tone. "Pets, come on, be nice. Do you have to say that every time a person asked about GuiGui's name?" the teacher continues.

"Sorry, Teacher," Pets said reluctantly.

"Now Wang Zi, please go to your seat and we shall continue the lesson."

Wang Zi just nodded and walked towards his new assigned seat. As he walked pass the rows of students, he could not help but to smile at the rows of girls that give out a sigh. Yes, it really did make him sound cocky, but this really was one of his most proud accomplishments. Being able to sway a girl with just one look, come on, who was able to do that other than him?

As he finally reached his seat and placed his on it, he placed his gaze on the figure in front of him. Unlike the other girls, and Pets who kept sending death glare at him, the girl in front of him was completely unaware of his presence. Well, either that or she chose to ignore his presence.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as the bell rang, everyone disappeared from the class room. The once dull classroom had become even duller without the students in it. It was just break time, but everyone seemed to agree that little break out of the boring class was better than no break at all.

"Gui!" someone called her.

GuiGui immediately turned around to see her best friend running towards her.

"Gui, are you alright? You seem to doze off every now and then," Pets said with concern in her voice.

"I'm fine. Don't worry too much," GuiGui assured her.

"Eh, what do you think about that Wang Zi guy?" Pets asked.

"Him? I don't know. Too early to tell, I guess."

"You know what I think?" GuiGui just shook her head. "I think he's very obnoxious," Pets stated, "Calling himself Wang Zi. Who does he think he is? The prince?"

"Perhaps he is," GuiGui said.

"Oh puh-lease! That obnoxious, narcissistic guy is not the crown prince. Heck, we did not even know if the long lost heir is a ‘he’. And even if he is, I'm not going to bow down to him," Pets said while crossing her hands.

"You don't even know him that well. Are you sure it is right to make that kind of judgment very early on?" GuiGui commented.

"Ey... You're weird today, Gui. Since when did you care about other students, let alone defend them?"

"I always care about other students, I just never show it."

"Then what makes Wang Zi so special for you to defend him?"

"Nothing actually. It's just that today is so peaceful and I don't want you and him quarrel and end up destroying our beloved campus."

"Oh come on, that's really exaggerating," Pets said while turning her gaze to the sky. "But I think you're right. Today is really peaceful."

Before GuiGui could say anything about that peaceful day, the school alarm went off, signaling that there was a disturbance to the school.

"What now?" Pets said. It was annoying to listen to that alarm for almost every day.

"I had a feeling that today's peaceful atmosphere was too good to be true," GuiGui commented.

"WANG ZI! YOU GET OUT AND COME HERE!" someone shouted from outside.

"What's that?" Pets asked.

"I don't know. Let’s go and have a look," GuiGui answered.

The two girls immediately went to the nearest window to see where the noise was coming from. It was not surprising when they saw a guy standing confidently in front of the campus main door. By the way he stood; it clearly showed that his power was something that people could not look down upon.

"WANG ZI! COME OUT! WHAT KIND OF PERSON HIDES FROM A FIGHT? WANG ZI! COME OUT!" he shouted again.

"Where is that Wang Zi guy anyway? He should just come out and handle that guy. He's causing a lot of disturbance," Pets commented.

"WANG ZI! DON'T YOU EVER THINK JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE ABLE TO ENTER DONG WU ACADEMY THAT YOU'RE ABLE TO ESCAPE ME, THE GREAT AO QUAN! WANG ZI! COME OUT! WANG ZI!" the guy shouted again and again

However, no matter how many times Ao Quan shouted, Wang Zi still refused to show his face.

"Okay! If that's the way you wanted." Ao Quan said after shouting Wang Zi's name nonstop.

Ao Quan spread out his legs, he inhaled a deep breath while pulling his hands inwards. "Black Thunder Hands!" he shouted as he pushed his hands towards the direction in front of him. In an instant, black rays of energy were coming out from his palms towards the main gate. The energy was so powerful that it caused the whole campus to shake and leaving a black mark on the main gate.

"Where is that Wang Zi guy? He really needs to finish whatever business he has with that guy. Our campus is on the line here," Pets commented. She was already pissed off by Wang Zi's attitude earlier in class and the event that just happened did not really help his image in her eyes.

Pets turned her gaze towards her best friend who was still busy looking at all the commotion outside. The moment she laid eyes on her, she could feel the tension coming out from GuiGui's petite body.

"Gui? Are you alright?" she asked while examining her closely.

GuiGui just shook her head, but her gaze never left the man outside who had just attacked their school. Without even looking anywhere else, she finally opened and said "Something's not right here."