A Trip to Jeonju (Part 3)

Photograph
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A Trip to Jeonju Part 3

“You were always the quiet one.”

Jessica nodded, as the both of them listened to the serene sound of the waves. She had always loved being in a space where there's only tranquillity and herself. Being alone in silence makes her think, makes her wonder, makes her dwell to feelings that she's not able to express. Being alone helps her find herself. To know herself.

But no matter how much she likes being alone, there's nothing better than to be with Taeyeon at the moment she loved the most.

She knew he would never grant her feelings back. Especially when she was a witness to his love for her best friend. She saw how deeply and desperately in love he was for Tiffany that he only saw the world revolving around them. He never noticed her – he never even gave her a short passing glance... but that's just because she was always the quiet one.

She liked him first, but right after she realised her growing feelings for him, Tiffany came into the picture.

Jessica and Tiffany are opposites – one's shy and one was outgoing.

The boy fell in love with the expressive girl, and turned a blind eye on the shy one.

And even until now, Jessica's still the quiet one. The invisible girl in his eyes.

“See? You're not responding to me again.” Taeyeon chuckled as he watched her staring blankly at the sea.

Jessica just looked down. Only if he knew what she was feeling... “It's getting late – shall we go back now?”

Taeyeon smiled, nodding as he stood up, dusting off the sand from his back. “Am I that boring to talk to?” He teased. Taeyeon suddenly wondered – why didn't he realise how interesting Jessica was before?

“No you're not. It's just that I'm getting tired and want to sleep.” Jessica countered as she also got back up on her feet.

Taeyeon, however didn't hear any of what she said because at that moment, he was once again enticed by Jessica's presence. He couldn't understand what, why or how he was feeling like this towards her.

It's not good, he knew it's not. Because he felt the same way when he started falling for his girlfriend.

When he fell in love.

“Jessica,” he called, still in trance.

She gave him a questioning look.

“Do you want to play the twenty-question game while walking back?”

 

 

“It's your turn now!” Jessica exclaimed, scratching her nape when Taeyeon kept insisting it was still her turn to ask a question.

The guy on the other hand was enjoying himself as he watched Jessica being totally fooled. She was so cute, he thought. “Hey I asked you one already!” He stubbornly countered, further irritating Jessica whose breath was already noticeably getting heavier.

“Yah, you asked me if there's something on your cheek! That's not a proper question, Kim Taeyeon!” She shouted, pointing an accusing finger at Taeyeon.

And although Taeyeon was already at the verge of bursting out in laughter, he managed to calm down and took a deep breath. “You wouldn't like my last question though.” He seriously responded, making Jessica even more curious.

“It doesn't matter. You answered all my questions so...”

“Would you catch me if I say I'm falling for you?”

 

 

At the time Jessica and Taeyeon arrived back, Mrs. Kim was also already done preparing the table for dinner. She especially cooked some of her best dishes because it's not everyday Taeyeon would bring someone special to him in their home.

“Dinner's ready!” She loudly announced, smiling as she admired how lovely the dining table looked like with the foods lining up attractively.

Not long after, one by one, every one in the house began pouring in the dining room, sitting at their respective seats, except Jessica who awkwardly just stood there.

“Oh sweetheart, go sit beside Taeyeon.” Mrs. Kim said as soon as she noticed her situation, giving her son a small, suggestive smile.

Hayeon, who was always beside her brother, groaned in protest. “Mum but I always sit here!”

Mrs. Kim sighed. “Hayeon,” she cooed. “Let unnie sit there or else you won't have dinner.”

Hayeon continued sulking and hard-headedly sat still, building up tension in the air.

“I'm okay though, I can just sit next to Jiwoong oppa.” Jessica quickly intervened when the heavy air dawned in the dining room. She smiled at Mrs. Kim who only gave her an apologetic smile. Then she ambled towards the empty seat next to the eldest of the three siblings.

After a little while, the room was quickly filled with the usual happy laughters. Taeyeon's parents were talking about Taeyeon's childhood as the wonted parents would be like when there's a visitor.

“He always ran outside,” Mrs. Kim reminisced while laughing. “He didn't want to get away from me so he always chased me around, crying with snot all over his face, .” She shared, rendering everyone to crack up, except, of course, Kim Taeyeon.

Jessica was the one especially dying in laughter as Taeyeon always had the 'cool and attractive' image in her head. Hearing how he was before made that image tear quickly into pieces. And it was so hilarious to imagine.

“You're enjoying this too much, Jessica.” Taeyeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter