the simple things: part 2

Photograph
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The Simple Things: the perfume that you wear, i love it so much

 

Noisy and hasty footsteps littered the hallway. Everyone was scrambling about in the busy hospital, which made Jessica sigh in relief as she had at least finished her rounds before lunch time. Every day is like this for her - hectic. Stressful. She slumped down on the swivel chair in her office. Lids heavy, fighting for some sleep. She jolted in surprise when her phone vibrated in her pocket. 

A text message. 

Tiffany, her colleague slash naggy best friend. She texted if she wanted to get some lunch and Jessica was not about to reject the offer of food. Especially when her whole body felt like it was going to fall apart any second now. At the back of her mind, she was kind of regretting staying late with her girlfriend last night. But at the same time, she couldn't really trade time with Taeyeon for anything. They barely even see each other. Every second they could spend in each other's arms is priceless. And it's worh all the sleepless nights.

Jessica made her way to the hospital cafeteria, where she immediately found her best friend sat alone with two trays of food in front of her. She smiled, grateful that she has such a thoughtful friend. She sat across Tiffany, but instead of a bright smile like she would expect from the bubbly girl, Tiffany had a grim look on her face. As if she saw a ghost. 

"Holy, Jessi you look like all the life has been out of you," she remarked, which Jessica gladly acknowledged. She looked at herself in the mirror this morning. After only having three hours of sleep, she really didn't expect herself to look the best. 

"Thanks, Tiff." She sneered, taking a spoonful of soup in front of her. Tiffany just shook her head, definitely judging Jessica. "And yes, I know. I only had three hours of sleep last night."

Tiffany's expression softened and was quickly replaced with worry. "Overtime again? You really need to stop over-working yourself, Jessi." 

With what her best friend said, Jessica's mind immediately teleported her to her activities with Taeyeon last night. The memory making the tips of her ears burn. "Taeyeon was really in the mood last night. I swear, she wouldn't stop." She giggled, missing her girlfriend suddenly. 

"O~kay," Tiffany muttered as she put her spoon down, looking like she lost her appetite. "I don't have to know what you did with your lazy- girlfriend last night, Doctor Jung."

At the mention of lazy, Jessica's mood quickly shifted. Irritated, she was. "Taeyeon's not lazy Tiffany. She's going to make it big soon." She claimed with confidence. Her friends look down on Taeyeon. A lot. They think that just because Taeyeon was trudging a different path from what everyone would consider "professional" jobs, she's lazy. She has no future. But Jessica doesn't need reassurance from Taeyeon. She believes in her. And she's patient, she could wait for her until she reaches her dreams. 

Tiffany took a deep br

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter