A Trip to Jeonju (Part 1)

Photograph
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A Trip to Jeonju

 

“So, if the x-intercept is minus six, then what's the y-intercept?”

A ghost seemed to walk inside the classroom as everyone suddenly stopped chatting. Mrs. Oh cocked her eyebrow in annoyance, and bolder, she asked the same question again. Everyone in the room pretended not to hear her and it only meant one thing to the teacher. Spot the lazy.

And without even bothering to look around, she spotted her already.

“Miss Jung?”

“Miss Jung?”

Tiffany, the one beside the mentioned girl subtly nudged her, trying to wake her up. “Jessi,” she whispered through gritted teeth; already sweating bullets by the murderous stare Mrs. Oh was giving her. “Jessi.”

“What?” The sleeping girl groaned, rendering the whole class to break out in giggles, except Tiffany who was about to have a heart attack. “Everybody, quiet.” Mrs. Oh put her hand up authoritatively. “Jessica? Can you answer my question please?”

As Jessica was about to stand up – clueless of everything – the bell rang, making her, and also Tiffany to heave in relief, silently thanking heavens for the great timing.

Mrs. Oh cleared . “Well, class dismiss. I'll see you guys after half-term.”

Group by group the fully loaded classroom began dispersing.

“Jessi, are you serious? What did you do last night?” Tiffany pinched her arm in annoyance. Jessica had been out of it lately and it annoyed her more that she wouldn't share her problems to her. She wasn't her best friend for no reason.

Jessica leaned on her chair and sighed. “Nothing... I'm just having weird feelings these past few days,” she finally admitted.

Tiffany frowned. “Weird feelings? Do you like someone?”

“No, Tiffany.” Jessica sat up, looking shocked. “You know what, let's eat. C'mon.” She stood up and hurriedly walked out, leaving Tiffany puzzled and wondering to herself.

“Jessica Jung! Come back here, you wench!”

 

 

“What the hell was that?” Tiffany asked as soon as she plopped down in front of Jessica with her tray of food. “You're not just gonna drop a bomb on me and run away.”

Jessica sipped on her can of coke before mentally spanking herself for even opening . What she was feeling was wrong already – telling someone, especially Tiffany about it will just make her problem solid and worse. “Let's not talk about it please.” She asked with finality.

Tiffany's ears perked up as she swallowed her food like it's a piece of wood. “Okay, fine. Now we have secrets to each other? And I thought we promised not to do that.” She mocked.

“Tiff - “

“Oohh the tension.” Both girls looked up to the guy who interrupted them. The guy kissed Tiffany on the crown of her head before settling down next to her. “Did I come in the wrong time?” He asked, confused, when the two girls who he saw were the closest to each other were now avoiding each other's gazes.

Nobody responded to him and that left him in a very awkward position. He's not very close to Jessica, so she's understandable, but her girlfriend? Something's definitely wrong.

“Babe, about this Saturday... are you not really going?” He asked instead, wanting to get rid of the tension.

Tiffany shifted uncomfortably; her scowling face quickly changed to a guilt-ridden one. “Taeyeon, hun... I'm really sorr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter