The Jungs’ Quest: Protect Jessica’s Coochie Coo

Photograph
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Probably not the update you're expecting, so I apologise for that. I also want to say sorry for abondoning my readers. Life has caught up, and I am not the same as I was before. I've grown up, though still having Taengsic somewhere here in my heart hahhaha. This may be the last post I am going to do here. I'm sorry to leave you all hanging with my unfinished stories. I decided to post this chapter as this has been in my drafts for years now. I re-read it tonight and remember how I truly enjoyed writing this short story and would like to share it all to you. But enough of me, please enjoy! 

 

--

Soojung has always been the rebellious type. She finds it in her nature to be more driven to do something especially when people would advise her not to do it. And even more so when her sister prohibits it. It excites her. The feeling that she could experience something most people would be afraid of even trying. The uncertainty. The adrenaline.

 

So, with head up high; heels echoing, bouncing on the four walls of a dimly lit underground room - Soojung had never been so thrilled in her sixteen years of existence. It’s a bonus that her cousin and partner in crime, Jung Wheein is doing this with her. 

 

Getting their first tattoo (this sounds way cooler and more intense in her head).

 

“Hey girls.” A woman greeted them as they walked in the studio. She looks so different from what both of them imagined the tattoo artist would be. She’s short; looks definitely younger than them by at least a couple of years, not a lot of visible tattoos except some scribble of letters on her knuckles. And for sure shouldn’t even be allowed in this kind of place.

 

Which reminds her, they are also not allowed in there. But whatever. They said in the application forms that they’re eighteen and they didn’t ask for IDs. Not their fault.

 

She gave the artist a tight smile, then nudged Wheein. “Are you sure this is legit? She looks like she still feeds off her mother’s milk. I’m not ready to die yet,” she whispered, making her cousin giggle, and the artist to stare at them, amused. 

 

“The website looked real, okay, and we’re already here. Might as well do it. We die if we die,” Wheein muttered back with conviction. As if dying is no biggie. Soojung is starting to feel terrified. Adrenaline excites her, yes, but not when they could possibly be in the presence of a serial murderer!

 

Soojung sighs in protest. “Ya - “

 

“Ladies, I have no intention to kill anyone,” the artist interrupts suddenly. Soojung and Wheein look at each other with wide eyes. How in the world did she hear them? “I’m Kim Taeyeon, I am 24, and here,” she passed them a card which they both scrutinise. “That’s my license to do this. I’m a professional.”

 

The cousins simultaneously release their breaths in relief. “I’m sorry,” Wheein apologises quickly and bows her head. Soojung follows after. 

 

“So, shall we begin?”

 

(They backed out in the end because stupid Jung Wheein thought that the price they paid through the website was the price for their tattoo when in fact it was only the booking fee. Soojung called it actually, $15 for two tattoos was way too good to be true. So in the end, they couldn’t afford it and left untouched. Taeyeon was polite enough to offer a refund and also laughed at them only after they have left.)


 

--

 

Soojung was never the nosy type. She doesn’t really care much about people and as much as possible she tries to stay away from drama and conflicts. That’s why she would always just stick to Wheein - which is annoying sometimes because Wheein is liked by everyone. She has a lot of friends that Soojung feels the need to set an appointment just to meet her. But when they do meet though - 

 

Actually, that’s some bull. Soojung has always been the nosy type. Just that she doesn’t like getting into it by herself. Wheein would always share some scalding hot tea about her friends to the point that Soojung knows embarrassing stuff about them without even meeting them personally. Like that one time Hyejin, her close friend, wrote a song and performed it to the guy she likes only to get dumped in front of their whole class. She remembers laughing like a seal and Wheein glaring at her after. 

 

Soojung’s peak interest though, is her sister’s life. Jung Sooyeon or as people know her, Jessica. As far as Soojung can see, her sister’s life only revolves around her two jobs, their home and Soojung. She’s already 23 but Soojung has never seen her dating anyone at all.

 

It’s a pity. Soojung feels bad that her sister has to carry the burden of taking care of the both of them after their mother died, and their of a father leaving them to their relatives after. Jessica had, and still has no choice but to work two jobs to keep them afloat. Soojung wanted to just stop studying and help but Jessica adamantly yelled no, with a slap on her face. She never dared to ask again after that.

 

Jessica is very protective. But Soojung’s sixteen-year-old, hormonal brain and body couldn’t quite comprehend yet that Jessica only wants the best for her by restricting her to do some things. Hence, Soojung being rebellious.

 

She lies awake in her bed, listening to the dull sound of the clock ticking. She would never admit it to her sister but Soojung can’t sleep if Jessica’s not next to her. The apartment they are renting only has one bedroom, so they’re sharing. Which Soojung likes because she likes hugging Jessica to sleep (but of course, she would hug her once Soojung confirms she’s in deep sleep already. She can’t just blatantly show affection because - ew. Cringe.)

 

It’s close to one in the morning, Jessica should be here - 

 

Soojung’s eyes shot wide open when she heard keys being thrown on the floor, and the front door slammed shut. In curiosity (and slight fear that it might not be her sister and someone broke in instead), she gets up on her feet carefully. She locks the door and presses her left ear on it, trying to get a grasp of what’s going on.

 

“Be quiet, my sister’s- hmm- she’s- , yes, ugh - she’s slee - hmmm- ping.” Soojung takes one step away from the door. Her face drained of blood. That was Jessica. , did she just listen to her sister having ?!

 

And the sounds are getting louder. Way louder. Ok damn, whoever it is that she’s having with must be freaking phenomenal because Jessica could wake up the whole neighbourhood with her moans. So much for keeping it quiet.

 

Soojung is getting more uncomfortable as she scurries back to her bed. She reaches for her earphones from the bedside drawer and tries to drown out all the unwelcomed noises by blasting her music on full volume. 

 

Thank god for earphones. 

 

But Soojung is definitely curious. Her sister is finally dating -- big question mark.

 

She doesn’t quite know how to feel about it. Especially not after what just happened.

 

 --

Morning came before Soojung could even realise. She was up all night and her sister never came in their room (which she’s thankful for, to be honest). She’s still traumatised, to say the least. She can’t even imagine looking at Jessica’s face right now without the image of what she thinks happened last night flashing right in front of her eyes. It just won’t be the same anymore and she really needs to talk to Wheein. 

 

“Soojung?” She sits up when she hears a knock from the door.

 

Another thing about Soojung - she hates, hates confrontation. 

 

How awkward would it be to walk out of the bedroom right now (which is her safe zone) and face her sister and the person she’s dating (and she was having with) with a straight face on? Soojung is currently debating whether to pretend to sleep - 

 

“You’re awake, why were you not answering?” And her sister walks right in while she is in a dilemma. Typical. (She also hates that Jessica has the master key to all the rooms of the house.)

 

“I thought you were dead or something so I opened the door - can you stop looking at me like that?” Jessica frowns.

 

“Like what?” 

 

“Like I grew another head? Anyway, I cooked breakfast. Wash up then come join me.” Jessica starts walking out when Soojung clears , gaining her attention. 

 

“D-Do we have a guest?” She asks, looking elsewhere as her face flushes red. She doesn’t know if she should pretend that she didn’t hear anything last night or just confront her sister about it. But then again, who hates confrontation? Jung Soojung.

 

What she misses though is the panic in her sister’s eyes. “No… you - did you -just hurry up, you rascal.” And off she went out of that door in a flash. Soojung blinked once and her sister was out. I guess someone else hates confrontation. And that’s Jung Sooyeon. 

 

Must be in their genes.

 

Soojung is irritated.

 

Wheein is laughing her head off, clapping like that toy monkey with cymbals. She looks like it too. She just told her cousin about last night and her first reaction was of course, teasing her about it. Endlessly.

 

“Hey take me seriously,” Soojung whines and finally Wheein is starting to calm her down. “My sister is dating - this is breaking news!” She throws her arms out for full emphasis.

 

“I know and it’s about time she gets laid! Stop overreacting, you little party pooper.” 

 

Soojung shakes her head. She’s not killing the fun and of course she’s all in for it to see her sister happy. “But the question is who, Wheein. I’m happy she’s dating - although I prefer not to hear or see anything private, god I would never, ever sit on that couch again because I know they had there and - okay, I digress -“

 

“Breathe, Soojung,” Wheein reminds her, holding in a laugh that Soojung wants to smack her for. But she needs Wheein’s help so she has to breathe.

 

“My point is, I’m not letting just anyone to date my sister. So,” she points at Wheein then herself, and slowly, emphasising every word she says, “the two of us would need to find out if this person she’s dating is worth my sister or not. Because if not, they’d have to get their hands off my sister’s coochie coo.”

 

As expected, Wheein’s eyes sparkle in excitement. Her cousin slash best friend loves playing detectives and Soojung is confident for their new quest. “I’m in, partner,” she stated in her deep, detective voice.

 

And that’s how Operation Protect Sooyeon’s Coochie Coo started.

 

--

 

Thank God it’s Friday. They have been watching J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter