Prologue

Searching for Baekhyun

I have lived countless times in different worlds, in different times. I have seen the world in black and white but mostly in full colors – sometimes, it’s so bright it can blind my eyes and then there are times the paint is vividly weary it makes me sad. I like the colorful world amongst all the realms because it hints a happy ending. I like happy endings because who doesn’t like happy endings? Is there a person existing who enjoys unhappy ones - because that’s just poignant. Everyone deserves a happy ending.

I am no immortal but most of the time, I live in a world where there is no end.

I always remember how I die if I really did breathe my last because there are times I live for a very short span of time but there are those moments that I can relive from childhood until the old age; but most of the time I live during my teenager years. The years don’t matter because sometimes there’s no certain time indicated – I’m just pretty much existing in every world there is imaginable or unimaginable. There are worlds in which it is left hanging and I couldn’t really do anything about it.

If someone asks me a certain lifetime, I can surely tell the tale of my adventures, misadventures, mischiefs, conspiracies, plots, ploys and everything worth sharing. I have been in many places if the world I live in is Earth because sometimes there is no Earth. I visited countries - Seoul, Rome, Paris, Philippines, Japan, USA – but most of the time it’s in Seoul, I’m in Seoul.

There are moments that I live in outer space or in a world not known by men.

I can retell everything from the start to finish or even in the middle.

But no matter how many lives I live, I have been in love innumerable counts to only one person. My heart beats for only one. Our love story differs in every life I have lived but surely, he’s always the one I want to be with.

There are times when we didn’t end up together but surely, our hearts beat as one. There are times filled with heartbreaks and sorrows but in the end our love prevailed.

I hate sad beginnings but I loathe the unhappy endings.

But amongst all the memories, the realms, the worlds or even those times that existed where there is no time, there is one memory that swerves its way into a different one; a unique path - away from the others. There is that one moment where I failed to show my love and it sparked the fire to start the end of every beginning of every world.

And currently I exist in that world - the world I hated the most, the world that made me realize everything. And it’s just one - one mistake that made everything fall apart.

It’s the only time I didn’t love him.

Let me tell you the tales of how I existed, where and when I subsisted whether it is in different worlds, in altered times or probably I am alive at the same time, at an identical place in a similar world. I can show you the world, the realms, my worlds but let me start to one of the worlds I wanted the most.

I am Chanyeol and my greatest love is Baekhyun.

And these are our stories.