You want the truth?

High school drama

It was a silent walk home with J-hope, thinking if telling Je mi the secret would have been the right thing to do. Of course it would have! She’s my best friend; she deserves to know how much of a disgusting, disrespectful and abusive guy Jongdae is. I could see J-hope glancing at me, trying to get my attention but I didn’t take any notice and looked straight ahead walking home.

“Erm... I’m sorry for what I said earlier Hyobin... about... you know” I slowed down my walking pace and looked at him. J-hope’s face was turning red, something I’ve never seen happen to him before.

“It’s fine, just be happy that I didn’t kick your for what you said. You’re right anyway, I gotta start taking this year more seriously and I will so thank you” he looked back at me and we had our eyes locked at each other for about 10 seconds. What was happening to me? I decided to change my lazy ways in school, I’m more emotional and I started to get this weird, warm shiver flowing through my body, which is what a girl gets when... she fancies someone. No no no no NO! I. Do not. Fancy. J-hope. I-I-I mean it’s impossible.

“Well if I want to start my big change, I better rush off home, get a head start right? See you tomorrow!” I ran ahead and got home in 5 minutes. I got changed into a loose jumpsuit and collapsed onto my bed in my room. I was so confused with my feelings that I had to ring Je mi; she’s all into that lovey dovey stuff so she will know what in the world was going on with me.

“Oh hey girl, sorry I’m getting dressed right now. Jongdae’s taking me out to a fancy restaurant tonight and he’s coming in 20 minutes”

“As if I want to know. Anyways, I need some advice. I’m not gonna beat around the bush with this so I’ll just come clean”

“now you’re gonna tell me about Jongdae right?”

“No Je, I have to tell you that face to face but here’s the thing. When I was walking home with J-hope, we made up and stuff but we stared at each other for at least 10 seconds, I got a weird feeling in my stomach and made an excuse to leave him and run home. That doesn’t mean anything right?” there was silence on Je mi’s line.

“Hmmm... you want the truth?” I couldn’t even prepare myself for what she was going to say next.