Saved by the bell

High school drama

After J-hope’s shocking crocodile snap at me, I made an excuse to leave class for a few minutes. I then ran out to the corridor and sank down to the floor crying. J-hope’s right, my life is all party and no study. I gotta change it and fast.

“Hyobin? Is that you?” I wiped my tears and looked up, it was Je mi.

“What’s wrong girl? It ain’t like you being like this”

“I hate myself! J-hope totally snapped at me in Physics just now saying that my life is all party and no study and that I don’t wanna get anywhere in life” More tears started rolling down my face.

“Did he really say that? Wowzers! Didn’t expect that coming from him” Je mi replied and sat down next to me. “But he’s right Je mi, I’m not taking my studies seriously and I need to right now” “I know it’s hard Hyobin but do you honestly think I have it easy? Course I don’t, I have a boyfriend! If I could, I would skip classes, bunk the whole day off from school and spend time with Jongdae or constantly talk to him when we have the same class but I can’t and to be honest, it kills me. Jongdae is working hard yet he still loves me. I’m so grateful to have him in my life and he’s a good guy” I raised my eyebrows in disapproval and looked away.

“Not sure about that” I mumbled under my breath. I looked back at her with a guilty look on my face. “Ok Je mi, you know I don’t like Jongdae, he’s totally up himself and we both know that but something happened that I think you should know” My heart was ready to burst out of my chest and my stomach was doing treble somersaults.

“Tell me Hyobin. He’s cheated on me hasn’t he?” “No no he hasn’t. He...” The bell rang; it was 3:30pm and completely missed the rest of Physics. I rushed back into class to pack all of my stuff away, only to see J-hope with my bag in his hand.

“I already put everything in your bag. I’ll walk home with you” I gave him a little smile. “Hyobin!” Je mi called me from the other end of the corridor. “Whatever has happened with Jongdae, you better tell me. I’m being serious”

“Not now, I’ll tell you later” I turned back and walked home with J-hope.